View Poll Results: Does Revis have a chance at making the Probowl within the next two seasons?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

173 90.10%
  • No

19 9.90%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Darrelle Revis - Future Probowler?

Hall Of Fame
    I think Revis will get there but not in two years. Of the Jets 2006 vintage, I think Harris may get there first though. I am really excited by his potential.

Hey, he even made TX think of him as a high first-rounder off of only half a season's work.

[quote=Tyjets212;2535541]Next two?

No.

Pro Bowl is popularity contest. Revis won't be that popular in the AFC against the talents of...

Chris McAlister
    Samari Rolle
    Champ Bailey
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    DeAngelo Hall
    Dre Bly
    A. Cromartie[/quote]

The key is for the Jets to win a lot of football games. The only reason that Rhodes missed the pro bowl last year is that he played for the Jets on a 4-12 squad that no one respected. If he had played for a media darling like the Colts, Patriots, or even denver he would have made the pro bowl. If we go 12-4 in one of the next two years, Revis has a shot to make the pro bowl by virtue of our record. Bailey getting injured wouldn't hurt his chances either.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bleedgreen03;2535872]your right...he did get smoked...kid playing in his 1st game in the NFL and he got smoked by possibly the best WR of all time...[/QUOTE]

He did not!

It was a Cover 3 Zone defense and the 3 players involved that Moss burnt were David Barrett, Jonathan Vilma, and Erik Coleman. Revis was on the other side of the field with zero to do with the play and I provided video evidence earlier in this very thread. Don't listen to that buffoon.

Barrett had deep thirds and followed Moss on the post, Coleman had deep middle and Moss ran his post right into (and through) Coleman's zone responsibility, and Vilma had the underneath middle zone on Barrett's side of the field (since we have two MLBs he didn't have just the middle he had 1/2 the middle).

That is how and why there were 3 players involved and that (plus the video) proves Revis had absolutely nothing to do with the play.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JMJ;2536011]He did not!

It was a Cover 3 Zone defense and the 3 players involved that Moss burnt were David Barrett, Jonathan Vilma, and Erik Coleman. Revis was on the other side of the field with zero to do with the play and I provided video evidence earlier in this very thread. Don't listen to that buffoon.

Barrett had deep thirds and followed Moss on the post, Coleman had deep middle and Moss ran his post right into (and through) Coleman's zone responsibility, and Vilma had the underneath middle zone on Barrett's side of the field (since we have two MLBs he didn't have just the middle he had 1/2 the middle).

That is how and why there were 3 players involved and that (plus the video) proves Revis had absolutely nothing to do with the play.[/QUOTE]

you forgot to say:

HTH

ya prick bastard. :P

Jets Insider VIP
    He would've been. Before this jinx poll. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=EY;2536029]you forgot to say:

HTH

ya prick bastard. :P[/QUOTE]

HTH = Crying posters.

I've abondoned it.

[QUOTE=Jon;2535565]Rolle hasn't made the Pro Bowl in 7 seasons, what makes you think he suddenly will now? Bailey and Hall have gotten in the last couple seasons seasons, so they are locks this year and next barring injury or absolutely horrendous play. Its possible that Bailey could fall out if he continues to get worse (he's got to be nearing 30, right?) Cromartie is also probably a lock after the season he just had with all those interceptions and returns. So that's 3 probable locks.

McAllister is really starting to show his age and Bly has never been considered that great. I don't think they will be in the picture come 2010. That leaves Revis vs Asomugha in 2010 (and any rookie corners like McKelvin.) While Asomugha was probably the best cover corner in the league last season, it may hurt him since he doesn't get many interceptions. He also plays for a horrible team so many people still don't know about him.

If Revis can do something to stand out the next couple of seasons, he should get in.[/QUOTE]
    Like I said, it is a popularity contest. People know those names over Revis, unless they live in pittsburgh or are a fan of a team in the AFC East. And that's generous.

[QUOTE=EY;2536069]you forgot to say:

HTH

ya prick bastard. :P[/QUOTE]

The punishment for duplicate postings is death by stoning.

Just thought you'd like to know.

All League
    [QUOTE=JMJ;2536011]He did not!

That is how and why there were 3 players involved and that (plus the video) proves Revis had absolutely nothing to do with the play.[/QUOTE]

lol my apologies i forgot the breakdown of the play and guess i trusted for a second that TX knew what he was talking about...it wont happen again

another attempt by TX to stir the pot... it wasnt even revis who was on moss... everytime tx posts now he trys so hard to break balls but makes him self look stupid in the process the guy has no football knowledge

10 no's must be 10 trolls.

[QUOTE=HessStation;2536841]10 no's must be 10 trolls.[/QUOTE]

I voted No. EY voted No.

We both explained why...

Veteran
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2535650]I guess you missed the opener last year where Moss smoked Revis by 15 yards for a long TD.[/QUOTE]

no he didnt moss fumbled it/dropped it after revis layed the hammer on him, and the refs messed it up after they saw revis pick it up; if not, he would have taken it to the house

[quote=PatsFanTX;2535767]Please provide the link to the game Brady threw 4 INT's against the Phins.[/quote]

dude you are such a p*ssy. you request the link....two people provide it before i even hade a chance to get back to the site today...and of course you don't even bother to acknowledge it. that's just f*cking weak man. all the damn sh*t you talk on this site and you don't have the stones to show up and eat your crow...ever. this pattern of behavior goes back the time you didn't bother to show up here for like 2 weeks after a game the pats got embarassed in...only to show up finally and claim you were in some secluded cabin with no electricity...lol. man up dude. we all know you are here like 24/7.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2535655]Typical Jets fan excuse.

Pro Bowl CB's don't get smoked by 15 yards for long TD's.[/QUOTE]what play was this,kurt?

All League
    I honestly don't give a damn if he makes the probowl or not because its a joke, nor is it indicative of players skills, See: Lynch, John and Young, Vince as 2 examples of that.

I hope he continues to improve and makes strides into the top 10 CBs in the league.

Honestly the probowl is a joke. I think the better question would be if hes a future All Pro.

I don't think he will... its the dreaded sophmore year. But I think he will b e solid and we will be happy with his performance.

[QUOTE=JiF;2536856]I voted No. EY voted No.

We both explained why...[/QUOTE]

No, you're a jet fan, you aren't allowed to think for yourself, you must always vote the obvious!

Hall Of Fame
    I voted no because the pro bowl is a popularity contest, and the jets aint popular

[QUOTE=neckdemon;2536943]dude you are such a p*ssy. you request the link....two people provide it before i even hade a chance to get back to the site today...and of course you don't even bother to acknowledge it. that's just f*cking weak man. all the damn sh*t you talk on this site and you don't have the stones to show up and eat your crow...ever. this pattern of behavior goes back the time you didn't bother to show up here for like 2 weeks after a game the pats got embarassed in...only to show up finally and claim you were in some secluded cabin with no electricity...lol. man up dude. we all know you are here like 24/7.[/QUOTE]

Why even bother wasting your time?

He's laughing at anyone who bothers to try to set him straight.

Baiting at it's best.

Matter of fact...this comes to an end tonight...the inmates of JI are taking over LOL...poll coming!