View Poll Results: Does Revis have a chance at making the Probowl within the next two seasons?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

173 90.10%
  • No

19 9.90%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Darrelle Revis - Future Probowler?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Darrelle Revis - Future Probowler?

For a rookie corner he sure looked great to me last season. Did an outstanding job covering elite receivers like TO and Randy Moss to name a few. Even more impressive when you consider that he missed training camp. So the poll question to come is: Does Revis have a chance at making the Probowl within the next two seasons?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I have to say is that when you consider Tom Brady threw 8 interceptions all season and that one was picked off by Darelle Revis, that's just a fantastic thing right there. :D

The fact is he played very well for a rookie corner. Its even better when you consider he was forced into the starting lineup from week one. Its even more impressive when you consider how good he looked with next to no semblance of a real pass rush generated by his front 7. I'm always wary of throwing around things like "future pro-bowler" but the fact is that the guy has the goods as long as he can keep taking strides and put it all together. Its impossible not to love what you've seen from him and get excited as the fact is that even as a rookie, he was the best Jets CB we've seen in a long time. Does he have a chance? Perhaps, but the "name recognition" part of it is always the killer. After all, Rhodes is still waiting for his first trip.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont expect to see many votes of no on this poll...

its a thing of beauty

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets hope so... When you look at our roster on defense (Rhodes, Revis, Jenkins, Harris, Gholston) we should produce guys that play at a pro bowl level regularly. We need to win to get the recognition. But we certainly have built a solid core. We have "playmakers" on defense. Time to utilize them. I cant wait to see this team on the field!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No chance over the next two seasons, have you guys not watched Rhodes get stiffed for 2 years in a row? Revis could be the best CB in the league for the next two years but aging vets with reps will get the nod.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lets see, asante samuel is out of the AFC. PACMAN Jones is out.

IMO, Revis definitely has a chance, especially with a revived pass rush.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet the only 2 NO votes were from TX and FF2...:rolleyes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He definatly has a chance. Although he might deserve it this year he probably wont make it until atleast the 09-10 season. He needs to stand out early in the season imo to get noticed . The lack of primetime games for the jets also hurts his chances i think.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brol79;2535527]He definatly has a chance. Although he might deserve it this year he probably wont make it until atleast the 09-10 season. He needs to stand out early in the season imo to get noticed . The lack of primetime games for the jets also hurts his chances i think.[/QUOTE]

he's got a MNF game against an elite team and near elite QB....

that's all the primetime he'd need.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he's already one of the top ten CB's in the league and very well could be top five by the end of his second year. He's that good. When all is said and done, he has the physical capability to be the greatest CB this franchise has ever had.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;2535534]he's got a MNF game against an elite team and near elite QB....

that's all the primetime he'd need.[/QUOTE]

Thats true hopefully he proves to be a pro bowler in that game. If he has a strong game that might be enough exposure for him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next two?

No.

Pro Bowl is popularity contest. Revis won't be that popular in the AFC against the talents of...

Chris McAlister
    Samari Rolle
    Champ Bailey
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    DeAngelo Hall
    Dre Bly
    A. Cromartie

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyjets212;2535541]Next two?

No.

Pro Bowl is popularity contest. Revis won't be that popular in the AFC against the talents of...

Chris McAlister
    Samari Rolle
    Champ Bailey
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    DeAngelo Hall
    Dre Bly
    A. Cromartie[/QUOTE]

Rolle hasn't made the Pro Bowl in 7 seasons, what makes you think he suddenly will now? Bailey and Hall have gotten in the last couple seasons seasons, so they are locks this year and next barring injury or absolutely horrendous play. Its possible that Bailey could fall out if he continues to get worse (he's got to be nearing 30, right?) Cromartie is also probably a lock after the season he just had with all those interceptions and returns. So that's 3 probable locks.

McAllister is really starting to show his age and Bly has never been considered that great. I don't think they will be in the picture come 2010. That leaves Revis vs Asomugha in 2010 (and any rookie corners like McKelvin.) While Asomugha was probably the best cover corner in the league last season, it may hurt him since he doesn't get many interceptions. He also plays for a horrible team so many people still don't know about him.

If Revis can do something to stand out the next couple of seasons, he should get in.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyjets212;2535541]Next two?

No.

Chris McAlister
    Samari Rolle
    Champ Bailey
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    DeAngelo Hall
    Dre Bly
    A. Cromartie[/QUOTE]

That was exactly the logic I used in answering "no". Do I think he could be one in the next [B]4[/B] years? Yes. Two years means he has to have a serious breakout year (10+ ints) and/or become more popular or recognized than the above talent in the AFC. Tall order within two years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The real questions. When will Revis get his first? And. How many will he make before he's done?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also went with NO and it is not indicitive of his play on the field. The ProBowl is the biggest joke in sports with players getting rewarded for crap they did 3 or 4 years ago that gave them a big name. Lots of deserving players do not sniff the probowl...see Kerry Rhodes.

Eventually his time will come.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to split hairs, but based on the wording of the poll, I answered yes.

Keyword:[I] chance[/I]

I agree with those of you who point out that name recognition is more important than the quality of play. But, the question was, does he have a [I]chance[/I] to make the pro bowl. Well, of course he has a [I]chance[/I].

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2535474]For a rookie corner he sure looked great to me last season. [B]Did an outstanding job covering elite receivers like TO and Randy Moss to name a few[/B]. [/QUOTE]

I guess you missed the opener last year where Moss smoked Revis by 15 yards for a long TD.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=PatsFanTX;2535650]I guess you missed the opener last year where Moss smoked Revis by 15 yards for a long TD.[/quote]

his first game as a pro against one of the best receivers to play the game. get real.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2535650]I guess you missed the opener last year where Moss smoked Revis by 15 yards for a long TD.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Revis cockfart. That was a cover 3 zone defense.