All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    wheres ronaldinho in this tourney?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    2-0. ****ing beatdown.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone got a crow? I need to eat one.

You are looking quite solid and compact at the back but like Spain, Brazil aren't set up to attack crosses all day. Gotta hand it to you guys, tactically you are set up very well. As I say this that was an excellent counter for 2-0.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    half time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is crazy. Thought Brazil had one in the closing seconds.

45 more minutes is too friggen long!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's hope we stay aggressive enough to keep Brazil confused. I hate prevent D.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well thats a bad way to start the half.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    im telling you right now this has all the makings of a heartbreaking loss

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was a good match, the US just couldn't sustain the energy they had into the 2nd half. You saw them slow right down and it completely changed the whole scope of the game.

I would have won a thousand bucks if the US pulled it out. Ah well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    great game by the US, but in the end, talent won out.

the US players should hold their heads high.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I would have won a thousand bucks if the US pulled it out. Ah well.
    Bad luck - didn't see the game but sounds like you fellas put up a hell of a fight. At least this isn't the World Cup.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heartbreaking loss, but looking at the stats I was stunned.

USA shots on goal: 9
    Brazil shots on goal: 31

That was insane pressure put on the USA goaltender. I was thinking during the match, "man, that's a lot of shots by Brazil," but I didn't think it was that much.

Plus, the first goal by Brazil was a thing of beauty. That was one sick shot. I don't think there was anyway the USA goaltender could have stopped it considering his line of vision was blocked by not only a USA defender, but also the Brazil player making the shot when he had his back turned to the goal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly, I went to the bar and only caught the second half...

Maybe I jinxed them

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Sadly, I went to the bar and only caught the second half...

Maybe I jinxed them
    **** you.

32Green

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great showing by US. Hopefully you guys can build on these games and put in a good run in gthe WC. Second goal was superb. Downside is now, noone will take you guys for granted in coming matchups.

I really liked Onyemwu (or something like that). He slacked a bit at the end of the game leaving guys onsides and stuff, but otherwise was pretty impressive. Needs polishing. What's his story? Where does he play?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Great showing by US. Hopefully you guys can build on these games and put in a good run in gthe WC. Second goal was superb. Downside is now, noone will take you guys for granted in coming matchups.

I really liked Onyemwu (or something like that). He slacked a bit at the end of the game leaving guys onsides and stuff, but otherwise was pretty impressive. Needs polishing. What's his story? Where does he play?
    That guy is critical to the team because he is both tall and fast. Most Americans fitting that description go into football or hoop and so while the US team has tons of speed its mostly fast guys under six foot. As good as Donovan is the US has tons of guys fitting his description on the bench, there is no 6'4'' beast on the bench behind Onyewu waiting for a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/user/arrivalss

Youtube has a 10 minute maximum, this guy has the whole game broken up into pieces.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

Oguchi Onyewu. As of tomorrow he plays no where. He has been with Standard Liege since 2004 but his contracts up and hes not gonna go back there. Over the last 2-3 years he's been linked to about 90% of teams in Europe. He had a brief loan at Newcastle in 07. Should be interesting where he ends up. He definately made himself some big money in the last couple of weeks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boru View Post
    That guy is critical to the team because he is both tall and fast. Most Americans fitting that description go into football or hoop and so while the US team has tons of speed its mostly fast guys under six foot. As good as Donovan is the US has tons of guys fitting his description on the bench, there is no 6'4'' beast on the bench behind Onyewu waiting for a chance.
    He is a beast but I liked his anticipation. He was almost always in the right spot to cut off balls (pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Oguchi Onyewu. As of tomorrow he plays no where. He has been with Standard Liege since 2004 but his contracts up and hes not gonna go back there. Over the last 2-3 years he's been linked to about 90% of teams in Europe. He had a brief loan at Newcastle in 07. Should be interesting where he ends up. He definately made himself some big money in the last couple of weeks.
    Personally, I'd never heard of the guy. He def showcased his stuff during the tourney.