Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: What do we do when Molina is ready?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    What do we do when Molina is ready?

    He should be ready sometime next week, maybe even earlier.

    I guess they have to send Cervelli down.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-30-2009 at 12:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,825
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cervelli >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Molina

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    He gets Ramon Castro'ed? I wouldn't let a classic stop-gap like Molina get in the way of an interesting young player (Even if he's probably just a career backup).

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Molina is a superb defensive catcher, and has worked real well with our pitchers the last two seasons, I think the Yankees send Cervelli down to AAA to play everyday.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ham, very good points...

    I like the kid (Cervelli)

    But unless Posada finds the fountain of youth, I think we have to keep Molina...

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to Keep Cervelli up here. He is better than Molina.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the Yankees can trade Molina at the deadline for someone? Hes a awesome back up catcher as hes great defensively, hes one of the best in the league at throwing people out. His bat isn't good though, when he does get hits though he usually hits the ball hard and gets a double.

    I really like Cervelli, the passion he plays with, the hustle every day. He brings energy to this team.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I want Cervelli and Pena sent down to AAA to work on their hitting, and bring up Shelley Duncan.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RjetsR View Post
    Personally I want Cervelli and Pena sent down to AAA to work on their hitting, and bring up Shelley Duncan.
    Makes no sense to me, why do the Yankees need Duncan's offense? Duncan is no where near as valuable to this team as both Pena and Cervelli are.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    No chance Pena is sent down this year, he would have been sent already if he was going to be when Ransom came back. They got rid of Berroa though, because they want the best bench possible and Pena is the best option to fill in at SS, hes brilliant defensively.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    No chance Pena is sent down this year, he would have been sent already if he was going to be when Ransom came back. They got rid of Berroa though, because they want the best bench possible and Pena is the best option to fill in at SS, hes brilliant defensively.
    sadtrombone.com

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whole different story now...

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RjetsR View Post
    Well that trade changed everything, didn't expect a trade for a bat.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we'd all like to see Cervelli continue to see time up here, but the right move is to send him back to Scranton. He'll gain some valuable playing time and it just would not be smart to trade Molina due to Posada's health concerns. I don't think anyone would be comfortable with us having Cervelli and Cash as our catchers for an extended period of time as we get deeper into the season.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sucks that we have to send down Cervelli. Maybe we can send down one of our lesser relievers in the pen? Cervelli more well-rounded than Molina but Molina is a defensive monster.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Sucks that we have to send down Cervelli. Maybe we can send down one of our lesser relievers in the pen? Cervelli more well-rounded than Molina but Molina is a defensive monster.
    We're not going to cary 3 catchers who can't play any other positions. You know that.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I think we'd all like to see Cervelli continue to see time up here, but the right move is to send him back to Scranton. He'll gain some valuable playing time and it just would not be smart to trade Molina due to Posada's health concerns. I don't think anyone would be comfortable with us having Cervelli and Cash as our catchers for an extended period of time as we get deeper into the season.
    Cervelli has actually never been to AAA.. LOL (Same for Ramiro Pena)

    He went from AA to the majors. Cervelli to AAA means Kevin Cash is going to be released. Poor guy.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

    Not much else going on. Here is the plan for Jose Molina:

    Tonight: 5 innings for Scranton.

    Friday: 5 innings for Scranton.

    Saturday: Day off.

    Sunday: 7 innings for Scranton.

    Monday: 7 innings for Scranton.

    Tuesday: Join Yankees in Minnesota if he feels good.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us