Thread: What do we do when Molina is ready?

What do we do when Molina is ready?

He should be ready sometime next week, maybe even earlier.

I guess they have to send Cervelli down.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-30-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Cervelli >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Molina

He gets Ramon Castro'ed? I wouldn't let a classic stop-gap like Molina get in the way of an interesting young player (Even if he's probably just a career backup).

Molina is a superb defensive catcher, and has worked real well with our pitchers the last two seasons, I think the Yankees send Cervelli down to AAA to play everyday.

Ham, very good points...

I like the kid (Cervelli)

But unless Posada finds the fountain of youth, I think we have to keep Molina...

Have to Keep Cervelli up here. He is better than Molina.

Maybe the Yankees can trade Molina at the deadline for someone? Hes a awesome back up catcher as hes great defensively, hes one of the best in the league at throwing people out. His bat isn't good though, when he does get hits though he usually hits the ball hard and gets a double.

I really like Cervelli, the passion he plays with, the hustle every day. He brings energy to this team.

Personally I want Cervelli and Pena sent down to AAA to work on their hitting, and bring up Shelley Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by RjetsR View Post
    Personally I want Cervelli and Pena sent down to AAA to work on their hitting, and bring up Shelley Duncan.
    Makes no sense to me, why do the Yankees need Duncan's offense? Duncan is no where near as valuable to this team as both Pena and Cervelli are.

No chance Pena is sent down this year, he would have been sent already if he was going to be when Ransom came back. They got rid of Berroa though, because they want the best bench possible and Pena is the best option to fill in at SS, hes brilliant defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    No chance Pena is sent down this year, he would have been sent already if he was going to be when Ransom came back. They got rid of Berroa though, because they want the best bench possible and Pena is the best option to fill in at SS, hes brilliant defensively.
    sadtrombone.com

Jets Insider VIP
    Whole different story now...

Quote Originally Posted by RjetsR View Post
    Well that trade changed everything, didn't expect a trade for a bat.

I think we'd all like to see Cervelli continue to see time up here, but the right move is to send him back to Scranton. He'll gain some valuable playing time and it just would not be smart to trade Molina due to Posada's health concerns. I don't think anyone would be comfortable with us having Cervelli and Cash as our catchers for an extended period of time as we get deeper into the season.

Banned
    Sucks that we have to send down Cervelli. Maybe we can send down one of our lesser relievers in the pen? Cervelli more well-rounded than Molina but Molina is a defensive monster.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Sucks that we have to send down Cervelli. Maybe we can send down one of our lesser relievers in the pen? Cervelli more well-rounded than Molina but Molina is a defensive monster.
    We're not going to cary 3 catchers who can't play any other positions. You know that.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I think we'd all like to see Cervelli continue to see time up here, but the right move is to send him back to Scranton. He'll gain some valuable playing time and it just would not be smart to trade Molina due to Posada's health concerns. I don't think anyone would be comfortable with us having Cervelli and Cash as our catchers for an extended period of time as we get deeper into the season.
    Cervelli has actually never been to AAA.. LOL (Same for Ramiro Pena)

He went from AA to the majors. Cervelli to AAA means Kevin Cash is going to be released. Poor guy.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

Not much else going on. Here is the plan for Jose Molina:

Tonight: 5 innings for Scranton.

Friday: 5 innings for Scranton.

Saturday: Day off.

Sunday: 7 innings for Scranton.

Monday: 7 innings for Scranton.

Tuesday: Join Yankees in Minnesota if he feels good.