Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official NHL Free Agent Signings Thread - 2009**

JetsInsider.com Legend

**Official NHL Free Agent Signings Thread - 2009**

Starts in about 3 hours.

Unfortunately, I won't be around this afternoon, but I look forward to coming back and reading about all the signings later.

Enjoy!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    As a Ranger fan, my fear is that Sather will once again sign someone (Gaborik, Komisarek) to a ridiculous contract now that he has money to spend.

I'd like to see him go after a guy like Mike Cammalleri. He's a good offensive player who can score. And he's only 27. A little suspect on the defensive side although how many goal scorers aren't? He is a smaller player and that goes against the trend and he's coming off a career year so my concern is that he will be overpaid. But if Sather can get him for a reasonable price, say $4M-$4.5M for 3 years, I think it would be well worth it. He could then go after a guy like Mike Knuble to balance out the size up front.

I know Sather has always had a mancrush on Komisarek. I would not be surprised to see that happen. Komisarek was a bargain at $1.9M for the Habs although he had a down year. But that might help keep his price tag down a bit. Who knows. But don't be surprised to see Sather go all in on him.

Sedins are back with vancouver 5 yrs 6.1 per...

All Pro
    NHL has the best free agency....one day and most of the good names are gone....I love it. I'll try and post as much as I can.

......aaaaaaaand we're off!

ohlund to tampa for 7 years...i think 3.7 per... seems like a good deal for tampa it will lower their cap hit, there is no way ohlund plays the full 7 years...

Seems like the isles are on Komisarik, i hope they dont over pay for him.....

Hossa sign by the hawks, 5.2M a season over 12 years.....seems like a contract like ohlunds, prob front loaded and expect the guy to retire with 4-5 years left...
    Last edited by GeorgeJetson80; 07-01-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeJetson80 View Post
    ohlund to tampa for 7 years...i think 3.7 per... seems like a good deal for tampa it will lower their cap hit, there is no way ohlund plays the full 7 years...

Seems like the isles are on Komisarik, i hope they dont over pay for him.....

Hossa sign by the hawks, 5.2M a season over 12 years.....seems like a contract like ohlunds, prob front loaded and expect the guy to retire with 4-5 years left...
    please tell me where you heard the isles were on komisarek... that would make me estatic.....

That Hossa contract is still ridiculous, lol. 12 years for a 30 year old....damn.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan66 View Post
    please tell me where you heard the isles were on komisarek... that would make me estatic.....
    Bossa is saying he's signing in NY but with the Rangers

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    That Hossa contract is still ridiculous, lol. 12 years for a 30 year old....damn.
    It's the only way to make the cap hit 5 million. they want to add a veteran piece to Kane/Toews/Duncan and actually resign those guys

roloston signed for 2 years 2.5 per to the isles, they needed a back up...decent signing...

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan66 View Post
    some hockey forums which i came across...prob wont happen, hes going to be over payed..... the rangers are dumb to sign him unless they can trade rosival and/or redden....

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Hossa will make $59.3 mil in the first 8 years and $3.5 over final four. www.tsn.ca

LOL, Brashear to the rangers 2 years 2.8 mill.... maybe him and Betts can have a beer and make up?

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    LOL, Brashear to the rangers 2 years 2.8 mill.... maybe him and Betts can have a beer and make up?
    This really pisses me off. I liked Orr and absolutely hate that parm Brashear.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by baldnuts1 View Post
    This really pisses me off. I liked Orr and absolutely hate that parm Brashear.
    Brashear actually has a lot more hockey skills than Orr and is a better heavyweight. I hated the guy because he scared the living crap outta me. I do think $1.4M per is too high. But then we're talking Glen Sather here.

Brashear and Avery. That's gonna be interesting.

I'm disappointed that the Rangers didn't snag Knuble. He's solid. He signed for the same money that he made last year.

Rangers should re-sign Sjostrom.
    Last edited by Jordy; 07-01-2009 at 03:42 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Brian Boucher goes back to where he started...Philly.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Betts is most likely going to Edmonton and reunite with Tom Renney.

Orr got a big raise from last year. I'm glad Sather finally cut him loose.

I'm a big time Rangers fan. I don't think I will watch another game until Brashear is off the team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Canadiens signed Spacek to a 3yr $11.5M contract. He's 35.

It seems like the NHL GM's/owners are not being as conservative as MLB was this past Spring.