Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to man up!

Time to man up!

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...&postcount=495

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Yankees will be in 3rd place by July 4th...the aren't going away, & they're a better team.

As an aside, the new Yankee Stadium truly does - double the cost of Citi Field, with half the atmosphere...like your average Yankee trade.
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...&postcount=509

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    I'll take that bet. The loser can't post about the winners team for a month.

Are you man enough? Or are you like the Mets, full of talk but otherwise... depleted.
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...&postcount=511

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    yer done
    It's impossible for the Yankees to be in 3rd place by July 4th. The worst they can do is be tied for 2nd.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-02-2009 at 05:53 PM.

All Pro
    T will have a whole list of excuses and will welch on his bet. I don't need to see him posting about the Yankees anyway.

He'll just say "they won't finish the month in 2nd" and when that doesn't come true he'll set another deadline... we've all seen this movie before.

The Yankees aren't going anywhere, in fact, they're getting better. Many of their players are 2nd half producers. Once again, the best records in the AL will be owned by Boston and New York.

Banned
    "the best records in the AL will be owned by Boston and New York."

Mike, How can you sleep on the Rays? Lets not forget...The Yankees are an aging team and thats never a good sign come August and September.

Rivera-39
    Posada-37
    Pettitte-37
    Matsui-35
    Jeter-35
    Damon-35
    A-Rod-33

I could see some of those players breaking down by the end of the season and yeah, the Yankees are full of talent but the age factor is the #1 reason why I feel the Red Sox and Rays will finish 1-2 here in the East this year...Youth.

Those were 7 of the Yankees oldest players-Now lets look at the Rays 7 oldest starters

Burrell-32
    Pena-31
    Gross-29
    Bartlett-29
    Zobrist-28
    Shields-27
    Crawford-27

I'm not saying that the Yankees won't break down, but I can honestly see the Rays out playing these guys with youth, speed and hustle when it's all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    How can you all sleep on the Rays? Lets not forget...The are an aging and thats never a good sign come August and September.

Rivera-39
    Posada-37
    Pettitte-37
    Matsui-35
    Jeter-35
    Damon-35
    A-Rod-33

I could see some of those players breaking down by the end of the and yeah, the Yankees are full of talent but the age factor is the #1 reason why I feel the Red Sox and Rays will finish 1-2 here in the East this year...Youth.

Those were 7 of the Yankees oldest players-Now lets look at the Rays 7 oldest starters

Burrell-32
    Pena-31
    Gross-29
    Bartlett-29
    Zobrist-28
    Shields-27
    Crawford-27

I'm not saying that the Yankees won't break down, but I can honestly see the Rays out these guys with youth, speed and hustle when it's all said and done.
    Go away, I thought Ham told you to keep your Rays crap in one thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Go away, I thought Ham told you to keep your Rays crap in one thread.
    That post was in reply to Mike saying the Red Sox and Yankees would finish off 1-2 and my post was the reasons why I feel this is more than just a 2 team race here in the AL East. That post was more about the Yankees aging than it was anything else

I'm not trying to argue with you, but...This thread was about a Mets fan having to own up...This thread was about calling someone out and all I did was call the Yankees age out

Quote Originally Posted by defensewinschampionships2 View Post
    that post was in reply to mike saying the red and would finish off 1-2 and my post was the reasons why i feel this is more than just a 2 race here in the al east. That post was more about the aging than it was anything else
    Go away. Troll.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...&postcount=495

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...&postcount=509

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...&postcount=511

It's impossible for the Yankees to be in 3rd place by July 4th. The worst they can do is be tied for 2nd.
    I almost forgot about that. No way he does it. None.

All Pro
    That post was in reply to Mike saying the Red Sox and Yankees would finish off 1-2 and my post was the reasons why I feel this is more than just a 2 team race here in the AL East. That post was more about the Yankees aging than it was anything else

I'm not trying to argue with you, but...This thread was about a Mets fan having to own up...This thread was about calling someone out and all I did was call the Yankees age out
    I think the Yankees are MORE TALENTED than the Rays. Their starting pitching is better, their bulpen is better, their closer is better. The Yankees lineup is getting it together and can hit with any team in baseball.

I think the Rays will end up in 3rd place, about 8 games behind 2nd.

I know you'll disagree and that's fine. I don't need to see a 400 word post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I think the Yankees are MORE TALENTED than the Rays. Their starting pitching is better, their bulpen is better, their closer is better. The Yankees lineup is getting it together and can hit with any team in baseball.

Well, I don't wanna talk about the Rays like crazy in this thread because I don't wanna get banned but...If your down for making a Rays vs Yankees thread...Or just post about this stuff in the Rays thread, I'm down to explain why I disagree and no...I don't think the Yankees rotation is better than the Rays rotation of Shields, Garza, Kazmir, Price and Niemann and there is no way in hell that the Yankees bullpen is better than the Rays, other than Mo as the closer. You do know the Rays bullpen has the 2nd best ERA of any AL team right? We were also lights out last year.

Enough about the Rays in this thread...The Met fan has been wrong about the Yankees and thats something I have never done...I have never said the Yankees have no chance here in 2009 because they have a STRONG chance to win the East but then again...So do the Rays and Red Sox.

The AL East is tough this year and thats not going to change over night

haha at the tag "you win @ the internet"

Well, I don't wanna talk about the Rays like crazy in this thread because I don't wanna get banned but...If your down for making a Rays vs Yankees thread...Or just post about this stuff in the Rays thread, I'm down to explain why I disagree and no...I don't think the Yankees rotation is better than the Rays rotation of Shields, Garza, Kazmir, Price and Niemann and there is no way in hell that the Yankees bullpen is better than the Rays, other than Mo as the closer. You do know the Rays bullpen has the 2nd best ERA of any AL team right? We were also lights out last year.

Enough about the Rays in this thread...The Met fan has been wrong about the Yankees and thats something I have never done...I have never said the Yankees have no chance here in 2009 because they have a STRONG chance to win the East but then again...So do the Rays and Red Sox.

The AL East is tough this year and thats not going to change over night
    Uh?? No........... Seattle is #2.... And saying Mo is our only good RP shows you know nothing about the Yankees, Aceves has been lights out. 33 innings and 28 SO only 7 BB and has a 2.14 ERA. Phil Coke has also been lights out lately, ERA dropped to a 3.18 had a 0.71 ERA in June. Most likely the real Coke is being shown now.
    Once Bruney warms back up as he just came back from injury so I expect some struggles, but he has flithy stuff and Phil Hughes in the pen is lights out.

You also have to remember, the Yankees play in a hitters park. Reason why the ERA is higher. The Yankees pitching staff has the 2nd best ERA in the AL on the road.
    Last edited by k.Rhodes25; 07-02-2009 at 06:41 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Uh?? No........... Seattle is #2.... And saying Mo is our only good RP shows you know nothing about the Yankees, Aceves has been lights out. 33 innings and 28 SO only 7 BB and has a 2.14 ERA. Phil Coke has also been lights out lately, ERA dropped to a 3.18 had a 0.71 ERA in June. Most likely the real Coke is being shown now.
    Once Bruney warms back up as he just came back from injury so I expect some struggles, but he has flithy stuff and Phil Hughes in the pen is lights out.

You also have to remember, the Yankees play in a hitters park. Reason why the ERA is higher. The Yankees pitching staff has the 2nd best ERA in the AL on the road.
    Stop it!! This is about me and Tucker!!

Rays are good. Yanks are good. We'll find in August/September who keeps going.

Banned
    Uh?? No........... Seattle is #2....
    No...Seattle and the Rays both have the 2nd best bullpen ERA's of any American League teams with a bullpen era of .333 here in 2009.

See for yourself http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...gular.html&t=0

As far as overall pitching goes...Starters along with Bullpens...

Seattle actually has the best overall ERA of any pitching rotation out of the American Leauge with an era of 3.69

The Rays are ranked 3rd in the AL with an overall pitching era of 4.09

The Red Sox are ranked 4th in the AL with an overall pitching era of 4.11

And the Yankees overall pitching era is near the very bottom of the AL, ranked 11th out of 14 teams with an ERA of 4.44

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Stop it!! This is about me and Tucker!!

Rays are good. Yanks are good. We'll find in August/September who keeps going.
    It's obvious that Tucker and his predictions had no chance with his AAA Mets team against a solid Yankees team.

No...Seattle and the Rays both have the 2nd best bullpen ERA's of any American League teams with a bullpen era of .333 here in 2009.

See for yourself http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...gular.html&t=0

As far as overall pitching goes...Starters along with Bullpens...

Seattle actually has the best overall ERA of any pitching rotation out of the American Leauge with an era of 3.69

The Rays are ranked 3rd in the AL with an overall pitching era of 4.09

The Red Sox are ranked 4th in the AL with an overall pitching era of 4.11

And the Yankees overall pitching era is near the very bottom of the AL, ranked 11th out of 14 teams with an ERA of 4.44
    Guess this wasn't updated yet. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/...ching&type=reg

Like I said, the Yankees pitching is ranked where it is because they pitch at the hardest stadium to pitch at this year, Yankees stadium. On the road they have the 2nd best ERA in AL.

Banned
    Guess this wasn't updated yet. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/...ching&type=reg

Like I said, the Yankees pitching is ranked where it is because they pitch at the hardest stadium to pitch at this year, Yankees stadium. On the road they have the 2nd best ERA in AL.
    Nah, the Rays have played 80 games but with the link you showed me...They had the rankings of the Rays after 79 games. I take it the Rays bullpen lowered our era some during yesterdays loss.

You mentioned a good point about the Yankees rotation giving up more runs @ home, but at the same time...That would be like saying the Yankees Offense is a product of the stadium that they play in and I would have to agree to disagree on that.

Nah, the Rays have played 80 games but with the link you showed me...They had the rankings of the Rays after 79 games. I take it the Rays bullpen lowered our era some during yesterdays loss.

You mentioned a good point about the Yankees rotation giving up more runs @ home, but at the same time...That would be like saying the Yankees Offense is a product of the stadium that they play in and I would have to agree to disagree on that.
    No, because the Yankees are 2nd in runs scored on the road in the AL, and tied for 1st in OPS on the road. The Yankees lineup is stacked, if you look at their careers of the players you would see that they aren't a product of any stadium, they are just good hitters.

The AL east is a 3-team race no matter what. It will come down to the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays.
    Last edited by k.Rhodes25; 07-02-2009 at 07:14 PM.

All League
    I dont care what the e.r.a. is. If you cant see the Rays have serious issues closing out games then watch another sport. it will bite them in the ass before seasons end

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

I'm not here to defend the Rays by any means, but when I read this, all I can think of is the following:

New York Yankees payroll: $201,449,189

Tampa Bay Rays payroll: $63,313,034

Shouldn't the Yankees be more talented?

Seriously.

Banned
    Who cares about Tucker anymore?