Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: 2009 Gold Cup

  1. #1

    2009 Gold Cup

    It starts tomorrow so I figure we might as well have a thread for it.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Group A started last night. Canada beat Jamaica 1-0 and El Salvador won 2-1 against Costa Rica. What happened Dirt?

    Who the **** decided that the US should play at 9:00 on the 4th of July? No one is going to watch that.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Group A started last night. Canada beat Jamaica 1-0 and El Salvador won 2-1 against Costa Rica. What happened Dirt?

    Who the **** decided that the US should play at 9:00 on the 4th of July? No one is going to watch that.
    just a shameful, embarrassing performance all-around


    not that El Salvador did much, they scored both goals on long counters that caught the CR defense sleeping, other than that they had maybe 2-3 shots on goal.

    Costa Rica had the ball and the initiative for the vast majority of the game, but it's like they were afraid to shoot. once we got to the edge of the box, we just started passing around, looking for an open man, but nobody would ****ing shoot!!


    whatever. we've got Jamaica and Canada coming up. need to win both. it just pisses me off to lose to a team as bad as El Salvador. ugh...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    just a shameful, embarrassing performance all-around


    not that El Salvador did much, they scored both goals on long counters that caught the CR defense sleeping, other than that they had maybe 2-3 shots on goal.

    Costa Rica had the ball and the initiative for the vast majority of the game, but it's like they were afraid to shoot. once we got to the edge of the box, we just started passing around, looking for an open man, but nobody would ****ing shoot!!


    whatever. we've got Jamaica and Canada coming up. need to win both. it just pisses me off to lose to a team as bad as El Salvador. ugh...
    It's not really that bad though. You probably only need a third place finish to advance. The goal diff in group B will likely be brutal for the third place team so even three points would likely be good enough. Either way I see Costa Rica bouncing back in the next two games they're too much better than the other two teams not to.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    It's not really that bad though. You probably only need a third place finish to advance. The goal diff in group B will likely be brutal for the third place team so even three points would likely be good enough. Either way I see Costa Rica bouncing back in the next two games they're too much better than the other two teams not to.
    i'm not really worried, to be honest.


    it's just really upsetting to lose to a **** team like El Salvador... especially when they started celebrating as if they had just won the WC or something.


    so annoying.

  7. #7
    yikes, another ugly game by Costa Rica, just barely pulling off the win vs. Jamaica.


    booo.

  8. #8
    I hate watching games on FSC. Its inferior to ESPN in every possible way.

  9. #9
    Finally scored. Santino Quaranta.

  10. #10
    2-0 now. Game over. Group over.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    2-0 now. Game over. Group over.
    let's hope the US can keep the momentum going until August 12th

  12. #12
    1-0 at halftime against Hati.

  13. #13
    Jay Heaps SUCKS. 1-1

  14. #14
    2-1 Haiti. This is a disgrace. Jay Heaps really sucks.

  15. #15
    game ended 2-2. Bad game.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    game ended 2-2. Bad game.
    give Haiti some credit, there not as bad as you might think.


    oh and Robles SUCKS.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us