Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solid AL East lineups: A-B & C teams.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Solid AL East lineups: A-B & C teams.

I'm going to list (MY) A-Team, B-Team and C-Team. It's just amazing how talented the AL East is and I'm not sure any divison can match this talent.

A-Team
    Halliday
    Beckett
    Sabathia
    Garza
    Romero (Rookie)

1B-Teixeira
    2B-Pedroia
    3B-Longoria
    SS-Jeter
    DH-A-Rod
    LF-Crawford
    CF-Upton
    RF-Markakis
    C-Varitek

B-Team
    Shields
    Burnett
    Kazmir
    Lester
    Guthrie

1B-Youkillis
    2B-Roberts
    3B-Lowell
    SS-Bartlett
    DH-Lind
    LF-Bay
    CF-Jones
    RF-Drew
    C-Barajas

C-Team

Chamberlain
    Price
    Pettitte
    Bergesen
    Wakefield

1B-Pena
    2B-Cano
    3B-Rolen
    SS-Zobrist
    DH-Ortiz
    LF-Wells
    CF-Ellsbury
    RF-Swisher
    C-Posada

Players who just missed the cut:
    Rios, Hill, Damon, Gardner, Navarro, Burrell and Matsui

All in all...I'm not sure everyone will agree on the pitching rotations, lineups and everything like that, but I'm 100% sure that no baseball fan around here can come up with 3 rotations along with 3 lineups that can compete with these 3 lineups...I could amost make a bet on it. Thats only because the AL East is stacked with nothing but talent, potential along with all star types of players.

Dream Bullpen:
    Long Relief-Hughes
    Long Relief-Masterson

Middle relief-J.P Howell
    Middle relief-Bruney

7th inning-Balfour

Setup-Papelbon
    Closer-Rivera
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 07-03-2009 at 01:24 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    And yet the AL East is 36-42 against the AL West.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it fair that Lester made both the B & C team? Also, Adam Jones may be better then Upton.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 07-03-2009 at 01:19 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Is it fair that Lester made both the B & C team? Also, Adam Jones may be better then Upton.
    lol, fixed...And like I said, I know everyone wont agree with all the starting rotations along with the lineups but I feel Upton is the much better overall player as of right now but Jones does have the potential to become the best overall CF over the next couple of years...Just not as of right now

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is Romero doing on the first team?

Great arm and all...but what?

Lester and Burnett should replace Garza and Romero.

Adam Jones >> injured BJ Upton

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill should be on the B Team.

Ellsbury should beat out Drew on the B team...

Plus, the pitching on all the B-C teams are weaker than SUPER TALENTED, especially C.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Just not as of right now
    OK Mr. stat boy! If you were a Balt fan, you'd be throwing all kinds of stats at me to prove that Jones at this point is better then Upton.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Team:

1B:Tex
    2B: Pedrioa
    SS: Jeter
    3B: Longoria
    LF:Bay
    CF: Jones
    RF: Markakis
    DH: A-Rod

Rotation:
    Halladay
    Beckett
    Sabathia
    Lester
    Burnett

Bullpen
    Rivera
    Papelbon
    Howell
    Masterson
    Hughes

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyjets212 View Post
    Hill should be on the B Team.

Ellsbury should beat out Drew on the B team...

Plus, the pitching on all the B-C teams are weaker than SUPER TALENTED, especially C.
    What?

On what planet?

.265/.386/.487/.873

vs.

.304/.352/.405/.757

Despite Ellsbury's almost 40 point lead in batting average he's still behind in OBP and he's got no power to speak of.

Both are very good defensive OFers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chica me Tipo View Post
    What is Romero doing on the first team?

Great arm and all...but what?

Lester and Burnett should replace Garza and Romero.

Adam Jones >> injured BJ Upton
    Romero may be a rookie, but I would take him over Burnett and Lester any day of the week and the Rays starting rotation is one of the best in the league and Garza has the best stuff of any pitcher on this team. His W-L may not show that but he's been great here in 2009 and...He's #2 in the AL with opposing batting average.

Garza is 6-5, 104 innings pitched, 81 hits allowed, 42 walks/88 K's, .214 batting average against with a 3.45 era after 16 starts (Average of 6.5 innings per start) Has allowed 14 HR's.

Lester is 7-6, 99.1 innings pitched, 100 hits allowed, 30 walks/104 K's, .261 batting average against with a 4.35 era after 16 starts (Average of 6.1 innings per start) Has allowed 13 HR's.

Burnett is 6-4, 96 innings pitched, 83 hits allowed, 48 walks/95 K's, .236 batting average against with a 3.84 era after 16 starts (Average of 6 innings per start) Has allowed 13 HR's.

As of right now, none of those pitchers can bump Garza from the starting rotation (In my eyes).

As far as overall talent and POTENTIAL goes, I'm going...

Price
    Romero
    Garza
    Lester
    Chamberlain

(All 25 years of age or younger)

BJ Upton isn't injured anymore...Just look @ what he did during the month of June.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    upton isn't even batting 250.. but hes better than jones because of his 2007 numbers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Jones is better then Upton, sorry.

- Posada is better then Varitek, and I'd take Wieters upside over any of them if I was building a team.

- Romero is not a Top 5 starter in the AL East. I'd take pretty much the entire B team rotation over him except maybe Guthrie. I'd probably take Shields over Garza as well.

- Aaron Hill is probably the best 2B in the AL East right now, that he's left off entirely is insane.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread was just something to have fun with...I really don't care for arguing on "who's better" as far as Upton/Jones go because in my eyes, they are both special talents and Upton started off slow and thats the reason for his average a little under .250 but all you gotta do is look @ what Upton did in June and he simply dominated like Jones has yet to do here in 2009 as a rookie. Look @ what he did against the Red Sox during the ALCS...He dominated like no other. By the time the season is over, I could make an Avatar Bet/Sig Bet that Upton will have the better batting average when it's all said and done...I would have you all rocking TB avatars for 2 months.

If you all can come up with 3 better rotations, lineups...Go ahead, I have yet to see someone come up with 3 lineups but just remember one thing, any baseball fan can argue these rotations or lineups like no tomorrow.

I'm just amazed at the overall talent of the AL East and compared to other divisons...It's not even close.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    .I really don't care for arguing on "who's better" as far as Upton/Jones
    Only because Upton's not the better player right now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, since everyone called me out on taking Upton on the A-Team over Jones, guess what? Upton just earned the honors for AL Player of the month!

B.J. Upton just hit for .324, 34 hits, 10 doubles, 5 HR's, 22 RBI's, .395 on base % with a slugging % of .562 to along with 14 stolen bases during the month of June.

Adam Jones only hit for .229, 22 hits, 4 doubles, 1 HR, 8 RBI's, .286 on bae % with a slugging % of .323 to go along with 1 stolen base during the month of June.

Upton's numbers has been going up each and every month of the year, Adam Jones? His numbers have been going down.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish...Just remember that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only because Upton's not the better player right now.
    As of right now? Upton is the much better player and it's not even close, just check the month of June. Also, Upton is 24 years of age with years of MLB experience, a player who dominated during the playoffs last year and a player thats starting to dominate once again here in 2009.

Adam Jones? He's a rookie who got off to a red hot start during April but guess what? His numbers have been dropping during the months of May and June.

So yeah, as of right now...Upton is the much better ball player.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As of right now? Upton is the much better player and it's not even close, just check the month of June. Also, Upton is 24 years of age with years of MLB experience, a player who dominated during the playoffs last year and a player thats starting to dominate once again here in 2009.

Adam Jones? He's a rookie who got off to a red hot start during April but guess what? His numbers have been dropping during the months of May and June.

So yeah, as of right now...Upton is the much better ball player.
    .300 .355 .502 .857 - Jones

.246 .334 .386 .720 - Upton

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vartiek over Posada made me laugh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread was just something to have fun with...I really don't care for arguing on "who's better" as far as Upton/Jones go because in my eyes, they are both special talents and Upton started off slow and thats the reason for his average a little under .250 but all you gotta do is look @ what Upton did in June and he simply dominated like Jones has yet to do here in 2009 as a rookie. Look @ what he did against the Red Sox during the ALCS...He dominated like no other. By the time the season is over, I could make an Avatar Bet/Sig Bet that Upton will have the better batting average when it's all said and done...I would have you all rocking TB avatars for 2 months.
    Upton is hitting .246, Jones is hitting .300 and we're pretty much halfway through the season. That's a bet you're almost guaranteed to lose, even if he's better from here on out, he's not making up 54 points in batting average. I'll spare you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    .300 .355 .502 .857 - Jones

.246 .334 .386 .720 - Upton
    You wanna make an avatar/Sig bet on who will end up with the better batting average here in 2009 when it's all said and done as far as the regualr season goes? You even have the head start if you take Jones as far as batting average goes.

I'm confident in Uptons ability to out perform Jones...Will you put your money where your mouth is?

If I win the bet...I'll have you rocking a BJ Upton Avatar along with a Tampa Bay Rays sig...If you win, I'll rock whatever you come up with.

Something tells me that you and all your baseball Knowledge wants nothing to do with this bet.

The sig/avatar Bet would last for 2 whole months, the loser gotta sport the Avatar/Sig for 2 full months