Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs. Blue Jays @ Yankee Stadium

Yankees vs. Blue Jays @ Yankee Stadium

NEW YORK YANKEES VS. BLUE JAYS

Saturday: RHP Chien-Ming Wang (1-6, 10.06) vs. RHP Roy Halladay (10-2, 2.56) @ 1:05 p.m

Sunday: RHP Joba Chamberlain (4-2, 3.89) vs. RHP Scott Richmond (6-5, 3.69) @ 1:05 p.m

Monday: LHP Andy Pettitte (8-3, 4.25) vs. LHP Ricky Romero (6-3, 2.85) @ 1:05 p.m

Yankees win the first of 4 games. Burnett continuing to pitch really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Yankees win the first of 4 games. Burnett continuing to pitch really well.
    I'm glad because tomorrow is probably an L...

Next 3 games are going to be tough, which is why today was a must win. Halliday obviously owns us, but Richmond and Romero are good pitchers, though we did knock around Richmond up in Toronto this year, he didn't get out of the 2nd inning.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-03-2009 at 06:47 PM.

I'd be happy if we split the series, we most likely lose tomorrow unless the guys can knock Halladay out. I have 0 confidence in Wang.

Wow, I'm not liking the looks of tomorrow's game.

Banned
    Great W for the Yankees today-Burnett has simply been lights out.

Both the Rays and Red Sox gotta take advantage of this 4 game Yankee-Jays series and gain ground on either or of the two teams.

Halliday is a great pitcher but this is only his 2nd start coming back from the DL and if the Yankees have any type of chance they gotta attack him early before he gets into the swing of things.

The Yankees MUST work his pitch count and get into the Jays bullpen around the 6th or 7th inning

All League
    Who is Halliday? and Holliday?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I love winning

PS. TD, please the length of your pics from left to right

Each is 275 in length, which equals 825 total ... way above the

If you can shorten each pick to 250 in length, that would equal 750 in total and that would be fine

Thanks
    Done

I went to the game today. First off it was my first time at NYS and that place is absolutely beautiful. That main concourse when you walk in is unbelievable. I do miss old Yankee Stadium but this place is so nice. The only thing I don't like is the outfield walls being glaringly more in. But that HD screen in center is unlike anything I've seen at a stadium. You could sit in the grandstand and follow the game on that.

I was glad with Burnett. He wasn't as lights out as he was against the Mets but got himself into trouble and worked out of it. Can't complain about 7 innings, 2 runs and 7 strikeouts.

Tallet absolutely imploded in the 5th. The Yankees were lucky he could not find the plate, then made that error on Damon's bunt and had the wild pitch. Otherwise we pretty much grounded out on those bases loaded situations.

Tomorrow could be rough but I guess you never know.

Red Sox lost to the Mariners. We're now 2 back in the division.

Rays are down 3-1 in the 7th inning, if that scores holds we'll be up 3 games in the wild card.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-04-2009 at 12:05 AM.

So what are we now, two games out?
    Yeah

Tampa lost too
    being as much a believer into what DWC says, how is this possible?

wangs movement is looking good so far with the first batter, hopefully this is a good sign

wow we need to score on that, runner on 3rd 1 out.

All Pro
    Ugh.

Now what sucks is that if Wang has to miss time now, Hughes isn't going to be able to jump right back into the rotation as he past the deadline, he needs to be stretched out.

After today can we just put Hughes back in the rotation already? Also Bruney looked brutal in the 7th. Outside of the Rolen pop up which he missed on location, everything was a hard liner. Case in point why bunting in most cases is a terrible call. They gave away an out.

HAHAHAH DAMON 2 RUN HOME RUN 5-5 THERE WE GO BABY! AND THANKS tO YANKEES STADIUM BABY!