Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs. Blue Jays @ Yankee Stadium

Banned
    Great W for the Yankees today, wow...Great came though. Red Sox lost which means a W from my team today and we are only 4 games back!

AL East is getting ready to get inanse

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Bunting on 3-0? ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS?
    Pretty much my reaction as well. He better buy Georgie a watch or something.

I love these walk-off wins, always a good ending. Good to see the bullpen really lock things down for so long. Give this win to them.

Okay this might be dumb but why is so horrendous to bunt on 3-0? I understand you're one pitch away from getting a walk but at the same time, he was gonna throw a strike, so then you only get one more chance to bunt. Sure, there is a high likelihood of walking with a 3-0 count and his bunt was bad but at the same time, with the way Cano is hitting I wouldn't have put it past him to hit into a double play.

I don't think bunting was the right thing to do but I wasn't flipping out about it, like Kay.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post
    Okay this might be dumb but why is so horrendous to bunt on 3-0? I understand you're one pitch away from getting a walk but at the same time, he was gonna throw a strike, so then you only get one more chance to bunt. Sure, there is a high likelihood of walking with a 3-0 count and his bunt was bad but at the same time, with the way Cano is hitting I wouldn't have put it past him to hit into a double play.

I don't think bunting was the right thing to do but I wasn't flipping out about it, like Kay.
    Bunts are good for double plays as well.

The way Cano is hitting, he should have had the red light and nothing else there.

Not only did Boston lose today, but Tampa is down 6-1. David Price got rocked once again, knocked out in the 2nd inning. Still a long game, but hopefully Texas holds up and wins this. It would be a good overall day.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Not only did Boston lose today, but Tampa is down 6-1. David Price got rocked once again, knocked out in the 2nd inning. Still a long game, but hopefully Texas holds up and wins this. It would be a good overall day.
    They need to move Price back to the pen.. It's obvious he doesn't cut it as a starter.

(The above statement is fully and completely sarcastic).

That HR definitely was a product of Yankees stadium. Damon seems to be the hitter most impacted by this stadium.
    Which is exactly why I would bring him back to be our DH.

These people on WFAN drive me up the wall.

First is was Joba... "We have our future closer" , Now with Hughes... "We have our future closer"

It's not going to happen. They are starters. Why are they so surprised when they see a starting pitcher succeed in the bullpen?

Banned
    Good day to be a Yankee fan.

yeah but if you saw the quality of pitches price threw in that loss it shows a lot about his heart

Lineup today
    Jeter SS
    Damon LF
    Teixeira 1B
    Posada C
    Matsui DH
    Swisher RF
    Cano 2B
    Cabrera CF
    Ransom 3B

A-Rod got the day off.

Not sure what's up with Richmond, but Brett Cecil is now pitching for the Jays.

Mark Teixeira is the starting 1B for the all star team! He got over Youlk by 200 votes!!
    Hell yeah!

We got 2 IFers in the AS game with Jeter and Teixeira.

BS that Josh Hamilton was voted in, should of been Torri Hunter at CF, hes been awesome this year.

Dustin Pedroia is the 2B which is BS too.

All Pro
    Lineup today
    Jeter SS
    Damon LF
    Teixeira 1B
    Posada C
    Matsui DH
    Swisher RF
    Cano 2B
    Cabrera CF
    Ransom 3B

A-Rod got the day off.
    About time he dropped Cano

2-0 Yanks after 1. Hopefully Joba can come out and pitch an economical 2nd.

wow another awful call to get tex out at the plate for 2 time in 3 days. but yeah were going to murder this guy

****ing Sterling teasing me with that deep Matsui foul ball. He made no hint of that ball being anywhere close to foul territory.

Swisher is too patient....