Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The Knicks could make the playoffs next year if we sign Jason Kidd

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100

    The Knicks could make the playoffs next year if we sign Jason Kidd

    Something tells me this man is coming to the Knicks!

    Steve Nash is 35 and Kidd is now 36 but these two guys are still great points guards interms of leading their teams and making players around them that much better.

    My question is...Can Jordan Hill and David Lee make for a solid 1-2 punch @ Center/Foward @ times this year?

    Jordan Hill is a big man thats extremely athletic and he runs the floor great for a big man and as we all know, Mike D'Antoni loves big men that can run the floor. J

    Jordan Hill is only a rookie, but he reminds me of a younger Chris Bosh. Bosh is listed @ 6'10/230 pounds - Hill is listed as being 6'10/235 pounds and both can block shots, rebound and run the floor.

    Hill averaged 35 mins per game 18 points (Led the team), 11 rebounds (Led the team) along with 1.7 blocks (Led the team) per game as a Junior last year for the Arizona Wildcats (A great college program) Jordan Hill also led his team in FG % with a FG % of .537

    I would have loved Curry but if the Knicks are really going to make a strong push for either James or Wade this offseason...This was the man to go with.

    I also loved the Tony Douglas deal...wow, we got a steal there. I'm a huge fan of FSU and Douglas is an X-Factor with a sweet shot, I'm talking about nothing but net type of sweet shot. He averaged 21.5 PPG last year as a SG.

    The Knicks have him listed @ 6'1/200 but he's really 6'2/205 pounds.

    He put up 18 points against Duke (W)
    He put up 32 points against UNC (L by 3 points)
    He put up up 27 points against Duke (L by 3 points)
    He put up 28 points against Duke (L by 10)

    Douglas led his team in scoring with 21.5 points per game and it wasn't even close because the 2nd highest scorer on FSU was Soloman who only averaged 8 points per game. Douglas led the team in assist's with 2.9 per night. Douglas also led the team in steals with 1.8 per game. You know what I find amazing though? He averaged a FG % of .446 and for a shooting guard that shoots as much as Douglas does, thats impressive. I love this deal.

    Douglas was a 4 year senior and he simply changed the culture of FSU ball and at first I was sad to see him go, now I'm excited that he's a Knicks and I hope to god he starts as a rookie 2G over Catino Mobley

    PG-Kidd
    SG-Douglas
    SF-Chandler
    PF-Lee
    C-Curry

    Bench- Robinson, Hill, Harrington, Duhon, Darko Milicic, Crawford

    Can we make the playoffs with that roster? We missed the playoffs by 7 games last year with a coach that was coaching his 1st year with us. Lets just say we added Kidd, Douglas along with Hill. Would we atleast have a CHANCE @ making the playoffs? And can we expect to see Lee and Hill or Hill and Lee as a 1-2 punch at C/PF this year? Could it work out?

    PG-Kidd/Robinson
    SG-Wade/Douglas
    SF-King James
    PF-Lee/Hill
    C-Curry

    Am I living in a dream world? Or would it be amazing to see two friends (Wade and King James) Lead the Knicks to the finals year after year? Wade would be 28 years of age and James would be 25 years of age.

    Or...

    What if he get James and Bosh? I'm just confuded...How the hell are we going to work Hill into the swing of things with either Lee or Bosh as the starting PF? I mean, everyone would take Bosh over Hill in a split second but what IF Hill becomes a game changer? Then just forget about Bosh and go after Wade right?

    lol, back on track...Any chances the Knicks make the playoffs with Kidd?

  2. #2
    Danilo Gallinari, read up on him.

    Catino Mobley retired 8 months ago.

    I like the Douglas pick a lot, but he's never going to be a starting SG, unless he has a growth spurt.

    Crawford hasn't been on the team in about 9 months.

    It was reported about 12 hours ago that Kidd was staying with the Mavs, before you posted this.

    Wade and Lebron aren't going to the same team, Lebron and Bosh might.

    Hill isn't like Bosh at all, other than the fact that they are both 6'10, about 230 and can run.


    eLOT

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    3,165
    Ouch, thread de-railment

  4. #4
    How about you stick to talking about the Rays around here . . .


    eLOT

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    Quote Originally Posted by elot View Post
    Danilo Gallinari, read up on him.

    Catino Mobley retired 8 months ago.

    I like the Douglas pick a lot, but he's never going to be a starting SG, unless he has a growth spurt.

    Crawford hasn't been on the team in about 9 months.

    It was reported about 12 hours ago that Kidd was staying with the Mavs, before you posted this.

    Wade and Lebron aren't going to the same team, Lebron and Bosh might.

    Hill isn't like Bosh at all, other than the fact that they are both 6'10, about 230 and can run.


    eLOT
    You know I was talking about Joe Crawford right?

    Show me a link where James and Wade said they wouldn't play for the same team...Show me that think and don't believe your own thoughts because they would both love to win championship after championship

    Dont believe your own thoughts...Just like you thought David Lee was nothing more than a Backup or how you "Thought" I was talking about "Jamal Crawford"

    Also...About Tony Douglas, how can you say he's never going to be a starting 2 Guard because he's "2 small"?

    Iverson is only 6'0-180 pounds.

    Tony Douglas is 6'2-205 pounds.

    Ben Gordon is 6'3-200 pounds.

    Monta Ellis is 6'3-180 pounds.

    Jason Terry is only 6'2-180 pounds.

    You know nothing about this game do you? First you say that David Lee is nothing more than a solid backup. Now you say that Tony Douglas doesn't have the overall size to be a starting shooting guard, are you kidding me guy?

    Not only can Tony Douglas shoot lights out (My favorite FSU guard ever) But...He's also tough, strong and plays a physical style of Defense because he's over 200 pounds.

    He's not a 2 Guard/Small foward type of player like a Brant or McGrady...He's a pure shooting guard and thats something you would know if you knew anything about this game or anything about Tony Douglas other than what you've seen him do on youtube.

    You say Hill is nothing like Bosh? Yeah, ok...I'll take your word for it (Not really).

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    You know I was talking about Joe Crawford right?

    Show me a link where James and Wade said they wouldn't play for the same team...Show me that think and don't believe your own thoughts because they would both love to win championship after championship

    Dont believe your own thoughts...Just like you thought David Lee was nothing more than a Backup or how you "Thought" I was talking about "Jamal Crawford"

    Also...About Tony Douglas, how can you say he's never going to be a starting 2 Guard because he's "2 small"?

    Iverson is only 6'0-180 pounds.

    Tony Douglas is 6'2-205 pounds.

    Ben Gordon is 6'3-200 pounds.

    Monta Ellis is 6'3-180 pounds.

    Jason Terry is only 6'2-180 pounds.

    You know nothing about this game do you? First you say that David Lee is nothing more than a solid backup. Now you say that Tony Douglas doesn't have the overall size to be a starting shooting guard, are you kidding me guy?

    Not only can Tony Douglas shoot lights out (My favorite FSU guard ever) But...He's also tough, strong and plays a physical style of Defense because he's over 200 pounds.

    He's not a 2 Guard/Small foward type of player like a Brant or McGrady...He's a pure shooting guard and thats something you would know if you knew anything about this game or anything about Tony Douglas other than what you've seen him do on youtube.

    You say Hill is nothing like Bosh? Yeah, ok...I'll take your word for it (Not really).
    Funny, you saying someone knows nothing about the game of basketball. I believe you just said you don't want Cuttino Mobley back as the starting PG of the New York Knicks next season. Cuttino Mobley, a guy who has never stepped on to a basketball court wearing a Knicks uniform.

    What has given you any hint that Eddy Curry is our starting center next season? He played a grand total of 12 minutes all of last season.

    Where are Gallinari and Jeffries in this "dream rotation" you have created?

    Please, watch just 1 Knicks game before you give us another 5,000 word essay about the team.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Something tells me this man is coming to the Knicks!
    Something was lying to you!

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Something was lying to you!
    LOL

    The Knicks are a disaster and they will continue to be a disaster so long as James "Lucky Sperm" Dolan is running the team. The day Cablevision sells the Knicks will be the greastest day in team history since the day they drafted Patrick Ewing.

    Walsh and Ron Burgandy can try their best, but this is a perpetually losing team that won't attract the big name FAs that they think they will in 2010. The Knicks will have all that cap space and noone to sign.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    You know I was talking about Joe Crawford right?

    Show me a link where James and Wade said they wouldn't play for the same team...Show me that think and don't believe your own thoughts because they would both love to win championship after championship

    Dont believe your own thoughts...Just like you thought David Lee was nothing more than a Backup or how you "Thought" I was talking about "Jamal Crawford"

    Also...About Tony Douglas, how can you say he's never going to be a starting 2 Guard because he's "2 small"?

    Iverson is only 6'0-180 pounds.

    Tony Douglas is 6'2-205 pounds.

    Ben Gordon is 6'3-200 pounds.

    Monta Ellis is 6'3-180 pounds.

    Jason Terry is only 6'2-180 pounds.

    You know nothing about this game do you? First you say that David Lee is nothing more than a solid backup. Now you say that Tony Douglas doesn't have the overall size to be a starting shooting guard, are you kidding me guy?

    Not only can Tony Douglas shoot lights out (My favorite FSU guard ever) But...He's also tough, strong and plays a physical style of Defense because he's over 200 pounds.

    He's not a 2 Guard/Small foward type of player like a Brant or McGrady...He's a pure shooting guard and thats something you would know if you knew anything about this game or anything about Tony Douglas other than what you've seen him do on youtube.

    You say Hill is nothing like Bosh? Yeah, ok...I'll take your word for it (Not really).
    Douglas and Hill were pretty much drafted as Nate's and Lee's replacement. Look for them to be shipped of in a S&T once there aloud too and Lee gets an offer he doesn't deserve. (Maybe to somewhere like Toronto for Bosh and Delfino, Speculation). Toronto won't want to lose Bosh for nothing.

    I love Lee as a player, but Mike's offensive system made his numbers skyrocket. Hill has great potential, but the last player we took at 8 from Arizona who everyone was excited about was Channing Frye. He started playing basketball at a late age but if anyone can turn him into a stud its D'Antoni.

    Walsh purposley brought the Lakers pick at 29 because he LOVED Douglas. I think he comes off the bench the first year, but then he has a chance to start, great great player at FSU.

    Also, Milicic will be the starting C, because even though he can't play offense he gives the team a Tall guy inside because last year the Knicks were killed with height teams walked right into the lane and the one thing he can do right is block shots.

    And, IMO Wade stays in Miami, he loves it there. He will get any contract he wants, he's the star of the state, and no link, but I remember reading in the post that he said he doesn't want to leave Miami.

    But at the end of the day if he comes here I will be nothing more then happy

    Starting 5 (If Lee and Robinson dont get Resigned)

    Duhon
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Hill
    Milicic

    Bench- Douglas, Gallo, Hughes etc.

    Stating 5 ( If there resigned)

    Duhon
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Hill
    Lee

    Bench- Robinson, Douglas, Hughes, Gallo.

    Hill helps Lee immensley in the post on how he's a 6'10 guy who can provided a presence and block some shots.

    Thats my take..

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Douglas and Hill were pretty much drafted as Nate's and Lee's replacement. Look for them to be shipped of in a S&T once there aloud too and Lee gets an offer he doesn't deserve. (Maybe to somewhere like Toronto for Bosh and Delfino, Speculation). Toronto won't want to lose Bosh for nothing.

    I love Lee as a player, but Mike's offensive system made his numbers skyrocket. Hill has great potential, but the last player we took at 8 from Arizona who everyone was excited about was Channing Frye. He started playing basketball at a late age but if anyone can turn him into a stud its D'Antoni.

    Walsh purposley brought the Lakers pick at 29 because he LOVED Douglas. I think he comes off the bench the first year, but then he has a chance to start, great great player at FSU.

    Also, Milicic will be the starting C, because even though he can't play offense he gives the team a Tall guy inside because last year the Knicks were killed with height teams walked right into the lane and the one thing he can do right is block shots.

    And, IMO Wade stays in Miami, he loves it there. He will get any contract he wants, he's the star of the state, and no link, but I remember reading in the post that he said he doesn't want to leave Miami.

    But at the end of the day if he comes here I will be nothing more then happy

    Starting 5 (If Lee and Robinson dont get Resigned)

    Duhon
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Hill
    Milicic

    Bench- Douglas, Gallo, Hughes etc.

    Stating 5 ( If there resigned)

    Duhon
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Hill
    Lee

    Bench- Robinson, Douglas, Hughes, Gallo.

    Hill helps Lee immensley in the post on how he's a 6'10 guy who can provided a presence and block some shots.

    Thats my take..
    Awesome sig.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    You know I was talking about Joe Crawford right?

    Show me a link where James and Wade said they wouldn't play for the same team...Show me that think and don't believe your own thoughts because they would both love to win championship after championship

    Dont believe your own thoughts...Just like you thought David Lee was nothing more than a Backup or how you "Thought" I was talking about "Jamal Crawford"

    Also...About Tony Douglas, how can you say he's never going to be a starting 2 Guard because he's "2 small"?

    Iverson is only 6'0-180 pounds.

    Tony Douglas is 6'2-205 pounds.

    Ben Gordon is 6'3-200 pounds.

    Monta Ellis is 6'3-180 pounds.

    Jason Terry is only 6'2-180 pounds.

    You know nothing about this game do you? First you say that David Lee is nothing more than a solid backup. Now you say that Tony Douglas doesn't have the overall size to be a starting shooting guard, are you kidding me guy? Not only can Tony Douglas shoot lights out (My favorite FSU guard ever) But...He's also tough, strong and plays a physical style of Defense because he's over 200 pounds.

    He's not a 2 Guard/Small foward type of player like a Brant or McGrady...He's a pure shooting guard and thats something you would know if you knew anything about this game or anything about Tony Douglas other than what you've seen him do on youtube.
    You say Hill is nothing like Bosh? Yeah, ok...I'll take your word for it (Not really).
    It's so nice to see you making friends everywhere you go. Your most recent ban has made you a changed man. DWC2 for president!!!

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    I'm glad Kidd didn't sign here. That would have been a stupid move that Isiah Thomas or Scott Layden would have done which is sign a past his prime 36 year old to a big cap-clogging deal.

    Save the space so we can sign or sign-and-trade 2 major FA's next summer.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    You know I was talking about Joe Crawford right?

    Show me a link where James and Wade said they wouldn't play for the same team...Show me that think and don't believe your own thoughts because they would both love to win championship after championship

    Dont believe your own thoughts...Just like you thought David Lee was nothing more than a Backup or how you "Thought" I was talking about "Jamal Crawford"

    Also...About Tony Douglas, how can you say he's never going to be a starting 2 Guard because he's "2 small"?

    Iverson is only 6'0-180 pounds.

    Tony Douglas is 6'2-205 pounds.

    Ben Gordon is 6'3-200 pounds.

    Monta Ellis is 6'3-180 pounds.

    Jason Terry is only 6'2-180 pounds.

    You know nothing about this game do you? First you say that David Lee is nothing more than a solid backup. Now you say that Tony Douglas doesn't have the overall size to be a starting shooting guard, are you kidding me guy?

    Not only can Tony Douglas shoot lights out (My favorite FSU guard ever) But...He's also tough, strong and plays a physical style of Defense because he's over 200 pounds.

    He's not a 2 Guard/Small foward type of player like a Brant or McGrady...He's a pure shooting guard and thats something you would know if you knew anything about this game or anything about Tony Douglas other than what you've seen him do on youtube.

    You say Hill is nothing like Bosh? Yeah, ok...I'll take your word for it (Not really).
    How would each of these players make out in Croatia?

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Scratch Hill off the Knicks list.

    Now they want Andre Miller. LOL. Whatta joke.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Scratch Hill off the Knicks list.

    Now they want Andre Miller. LOL. Whatta joke.
    Hill has been cooked for almost 10 years now. Knicks wanted him b/c D'Antoni likes him and he fits his offense.

    Miller is a good player but this really doesn't make sense. I thought it was all about creating as much cap room as possible to sign 2 big free agents next year. Why are doing a sign-and-trade now for a good not great player who is going to want a big contract?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us