Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLB Attendance Averages

Hall Of Fame
    Tampa has a nice ballpark, I enjoyed it the few times I was there when the Yanks were in town. The stadium which was not even sold out for the Yankees though was probably 85% Yankee fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Why not? Why isn't it even?

That could work, or Pittsburgh can go to the AL East.
    The reason it's not even is because they would need to do interleague throughout the entire season then because it's an odd number of teams in each league. What MLB needs to do is eventually expand to 32 teams and put 16 in each league. I tend to think Tampa will do much better when their stadium is no longer a dump anyways.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Tampa has a nice ballpark, I enjoyed it the few times I was there when the Yanks were in town. The stadium which was not even sold out for the Yankees though was probably 85% Yankee fans.
    Ya, these fans who say "who wants to see a ballgame inside" and "that place sucks to watch baseball games" either 1. Haven't been to a game in the last 2 or 3 years OR 2. Don't live in SouthFL.

To have an outdoor stadium here would be absolutely ridiculous. Who the hell wants to see a game in 95 degree heat and 95% humidity, not me i'll tell you that much. The Rays have significantly upgraded that stadium in the last few years, with new scoreboards, new restaurants, etc. It's pretty decent and lastly the Rays had such an advantage in the playoffs last year with the stadium being enclosed it generated tremendous noise and I can vouch for it, being at game 7 of the ALCS last year, place was deafening.

The problem is simply location. It's such a hassle getting to that place, and St. Pete ain't exactly the best place to put a stadium. Move it to Tampa and attendance would rise significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    Ya, these fans who say "who wants to see a ballgame inside" and "that place sucks to watch baseball games" either 1. Haven't been to a game in the last 2 or 3 years OR 2. Don't live in SouthFL.

To have an outdoor stadium here would be absolutely ridiculous. Who the hell wants to see a game in 95 degree heat and 95% humidity, not me i'll tell you that much. The Rays have significantly upgraded that stadium in the last few years, with new scoreboards, new restaurants, etc. It's pretty decent and lastly the Rays had such an advantage in the playoffs last year with the stadium being enclosed it generated tremendous noise and I can vouch for it, being at game 7 of the ALCS last year, place was deafening.

The problem is simply location. It's such a hassle getting to that place, and St. Pete ain't exactly the best place to put a stadium. Move it to Tampa and attendance would rise significantly.
    Agreed, a dome in Florida is almost a must. Too hot, too rainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Why not? Why isn't it even?

That could work, or Pittsburgh can go to the AL East.
    You can't have 15 in each league, otherwise you would need

A) Interleague games every weekend throughout the season

or

B) 1 team in each league not playing every weekend.