Thread: Michael Bradley, stupid suspension

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Michael Bradley, stupid suspension

Michael Bradley got suspended for 4 games for his outburst at the refs after his absurd red card at the Confed Cup.

I understand why he got suspended... BUT IT INCLUDES GAMES IN THE GOLD CUP!!!

What's the point of the suspension, if Bradley isn't even on the gold cup roster.

As long as the US makes it out of their group (which they are almost assured of doing already) then he's free to play Mexico. I don't understand the point of the suspension at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Michael Bradley got suspended for 4 games for his outburst at the refs after his absurd red card at the Confed Cup.

I understand why he got suspended... BUT IT INCLUDES GAMES IN THE GOLD CUP!!!

What's the point of the suspension, if Bradley isn't even on the gold cup roster.

As long as the US makes it out of their group (which they are almost assured of doing already) then he's free to play Mexico. I don't understand the point of the suspension at all.
    i don't understand a lot of things about how cards and suspensions work in CONCACAF.

for instance, one of Costa Rica's best young players, Bryan Ruiz, picked up his 2nd yellow in the WC qualifying game vs. Trinidad last month, so he has to serve a 1-game suspension. for some reason that has yet to be properly explained to me, he CANNOT serve that suspension during the Gold Cup, so he will miss the WC qualifier in Honduras on August 12th.

HOWEVER, if guys accumulate cards and get suspended during the Gold Cup, those suspensions WILL also be enforced during WC qualifying matches... huh???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i don't understand a lot of things about how cards and suspensions work in CONCACAF.

for instance, one of Costa Rica's best young players, Bryan Ruiz, picked up his 2nd yellow in the WC qualifying game vs. Trinidad last month, so he has to serve a 1-game suspension. for some reason that has yet to be properly explained to me, he CANNOT serve that suspension during the Gold Cup, so he will miss the WC qualifier in Honduras on August 12th.

HOWEVER, if guys accumulate cards and get suspended during the Gold Cup, those suspensions WILL also be enforced during WC qualifying matches... huh???
    Does CONCACAF make that call or FIFA?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Does CONCACAF make that call or FIFA?
    not sure, but it's retarded either way.

how can Bradley serve the suspension if he's not even on the official roster??

and how are we getting ****ed up the ass on this one???