Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mets Not Top Plays

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Mets Not Top Plays

I was just sitting here at my desk, literally LOL'ing. I don't mean to rub it in, but damn. This is some pathetic baseball. Zero fundamentals.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nym

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is not nice

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's great, good stuff.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahahahah

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    need to put it to some good blooper music

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    not to rub it in but here's some proof of the mets sucking

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much every team this year has made some awfully stupid mistakes, should we make not-so-highlight clips of all of them as well? Granted, the Mets have made more then many, but how many of those are because of people playing out of position? Murphy is a natural 3B who was forced to try to learn the OF because of Wright being in town, Pagan is a CF playing Corner OF and didn't listen to Beltran calling him off, Reed is an CF playing 1B because of injury, ect.

It was kinda funny, but the singling out of the Mets is a bit ridiculous.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Luis Castillo drop....you are asking for a blooper reel then.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Pretty much every team this year has made some awfully stupid mistakes, should we make not-so-highlight clips of all of them as well? Granted, the Mets have made more then many, but how many of those are because of people playing out of position? Murphy is a natural 3B who was forced to try to learn the OF because of Wright being in town, Pagan is a CF playing Corner OF and didn't listen to Beltran calling him off, Reed is an CF playing 1B because of injury, ect.

It was kinda funny, but the singling out of the Mets is a bit ridiculous.
    Every team makes errors, but most of them aren't as silly or costly as the Mets have made.

None of the errors shown in that clip were difficult plays -- in fact they were all routine, which is why that was so funny. Don't bother with the "out of position" argument when they were plays that an average HS player makes with regularity. Fly ball to CF? Throwing from first to home? Really? Out of position?

Also, they didn't even show my favorite one. Evans fields a grounder then drops it on his way to touch first base.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 07-07-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much every this year has made some awfully stupid mistakes, should we make not-so-highlight clips of all of them as well? Granted, the Mets have made more then many, but how many of those are because of people playing out of position? Murphy is a natural 3B who was forced to try to learn the OF because of Wright being in town, Pagan is a CF playing Corner OF and didn't listen to Beltran calling him off, Reed is an CF playing 1B because of injury, ect.

It was kinda , but the singling out of the Mets is a bit .
    I'm sorry, I watch a lot baseball, the Mets by far have more bonehead and head scratching mistakes than any team I've watched this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN was being nice, there were a few more plays missing .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    ESPN was being nice, there were a few more plays missing .
    I was thinking the same thing, they even missed David Wright and Santo's dropepd pops up over the weekend, and all of Wrights horrible throws. How about all those errors vs. the Yankees last week? Wright throwing the ball away, Cora botching a routine double play, Evans bobbling a grounder to 1st. Oh and what about Santana throwing the ball into LF allowing a run to score.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-07-2009 at 01:57 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 2 horrible plays from the Yankees I can think of are Johnny Damon in LF in Fenway and Swisher in RF.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahaha are you serious? you think your mets are getting singled out? you must only watch the mets if you think every team does that. hahah

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, they even missed David Wright and Santo's dropepd pops up over the weekend, and all of Wrights horrible throws. How about all those errors vs. the Yankees last week? Wright throwing the ball away, Cora botching a routine double play, Evans bobbling a grounder to 1st. Oh and what about Santana throwing the ball into LF allowing a run to score.
    Actually, the entire Top 10 was on TV, they only posted Top 5 on the web site.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry, I watch a lot baseball, the Mets by far have more bonehead and head scratching mistakes than any team I've watched this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    hahaha are you serious? you think your mets are getting singled out? you must only watch the mets if you think every team does that. hahah
    The Mets are only, believe it or not, tied for 10th in the league in errors, Seattle has made more errors, Florida has made more errors, Chicago White Sox have made more errors, Cincinnati has made more errors, St. Louis has made more errors. Those are all teams with a better record then the Mets, so I'm excluding the teams we all know suck. Texas, Tampa Bay, Chicago Cubs are also in the same neighborhood as the Mets. Why are there no blooper reels for those teams?

They're absolutely being singled out by ESPN for what is pretty much an epidemic in baseball this year, all around shoddy defense, and it's something that most of the league is guilty of.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Actually, the entire Top 10 was on TV, they only posted Top 5 on the web site.
    I just saw it on ESPN.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mets are only, believe it or not, tied for 10th in the league in errors, Seattle has made more errors, Florida has made more errors, Chicago White Sox have made more errors, Cincinnati has made more errors, St. Louis has made more errors. Those are all teams with a better record then the Mets, so I'm excluding the teams we all know suck. Texas, Tampa Bay, Chicago Cubs are also in the same neighborhood as the Mets. Why are there no blooper reels for those teams?

They're absolutely being singled out by ESPN for what is pretty much an epidemic in baseball this year, all around shoddy defense, and it's something that most of the league is guilty of.
    I agree with you but the Mets have brought this upon themselves. The Luis Castillo drop game, Church missing third along with the bottom half of the innings comedy of errors in LA, and Murphy dropping the fly ball that cost us a game in FL. All of these games were lost due to little league type errors and when you are in a big media market like NY you are going to get picked on for these embarassing moments.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The are only, or not, tied for 10th in the league in errors, Seattle has made more errors, Florida has made more errors, Chicago White Sox have made more errors, Cincinnati has made more errors, St. Louis has made more errors. Those are all teams with a better record then the Mets, so I'm excluding the teams we all know suck. Texas, Tampa Bay, Chicago Cubs are also in the same neighborhood as the Mets. Why are there no blooper reels for those teams?

Many of mistakes the Mets have made aren't errors in the book.

Murphy totally misjudging a ball and allows it to sail over his head, that's not an error in the book. Cora only gets 1 error for that double play ball he botched, because you can't assume a DP. Wright doesn't get an error for that botched pop up vs. the Phillies. Church doesn't get an error for missing 3rd. Also the Mets mistakes come in bunches.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-07-2009 at 02:53 PM.