Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mets Not Top Plays

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Many of mistakes the Mets have made aren't errors in the book.

Murphy totally misjudging a ball and allows it to sail over his head, that's not an error in the book. Cora only gets 1 error for that double play ball he botched, because you can't assume a DP. Wright doesn't get an error for that botched pop up vs. the Phillies. Church doesn't get an error for missing 3rd. Also the Mets mistakes come in bunches.
    During key points in the game, at that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah.. the mets play great D.. hahaha. do you seriously watch their games?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many of mistakes the Mets have made aren't errors in the book.

Murphy totally misjudging a ball and allows it to sail over his head, that's not an error in the book. Cora only gets 1 error for that double play ball he botched, because you can't assume a DP. Wright doesn't get an error for that botched pop up vs. the Phillies. Church doesn't get an error for missing 3rd. Also the Mets mistakes come in bunches.
    And other teams don't make plays that are the equivalent of that? The Mets are the only team that makes those mental mistakes? Please. I just named 8 teams with a better record then the Mets with close to as many or more errors this season.

Obviously the Mets have made a ton of dumb plays, but most of the league is guilty of the same things and nobody says a damn word about that, but the Mets get their own dedicated blooper reels, it is unnecessarily singling them out.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 07-07-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    yeah.. the mets play great D.. hahaha. do you seriously watch their games?
    Where did anybody say that? You might want to learn how to actually read before talking with the big boys.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    And other teams don't make plays that are the equivalent of that? The Mets are the only team that makes those mental mistakes? Please. I just named 8 teams with a better record then the Mets with close to as many or more errors this season.

Obviously the Mets have made a ton of dumb plays, but most of the league is guilty of the same things and nobody says a damn word about that, but the Mets get their own dedicated blooper reels, it is unnecessarily singling them out.
    The reason those teams have a better record is partly because those errors have directly caused the Mets to lose games. That's why their errors are particularly glaring.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    And other teams don't make plays that are the equivalent of that? The are the only that makes those mental ? Please.

Obviously the have made a ton of dumb plays, but most of the league is guilty of the same things and nobody says a damn word about that, but the Mets get their own dedicated blooper reels, it is unnecessarily singling them out.
    I've never seen a player miss 3B on what would be the go ahead run in the 9th inning, and then have a few errors to lose the game in bottom of the inning.

I've never seen a player drop a routine fly ball that would of ended the game in the bottom of the 9th, and dropping that ball allowed the tying and winning run to score.

Have you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never seen a player miss 3B on what would be the go ahead run in the 9th inning, and then have a few errors to lose the game in bottom of the inning.

I've never seen a player drop a routine fly ball that would of ended the game in the bottom of the 9th, and dropping that ball allowed the tying and winning run to score.

Have you?
    And I haven't seen a player mistake how many outs there were and throw a live ball into the stands in almost a decade, but Milton Bradley did that one. I've seen teams walk in the winning run (The Mets did that once this year too), I've seen teams wild pitch in the winning run, I've seen teams make errors that put winning runs on base, move them over, and score them. Maybe the Mets errors have more style points or something, but an error is an error. I see no reason for them to be making blooper reals for them and not anybody else, it's a low blow on their part. That's all I'm saying.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I haven't seen a player mistake how many outs there were and throw a live ball into the stands in almost a decade, but Milton Bradley did that one.
    haha, and who was the last player to do that before him? Benny Agbayani, of the NY Mets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I haven't seen a player mistake how many outs there were and throw a live ball into the stands in almost a decade, but Milton Bradley did that one. I've seen teams walk in the winning run (The Mets did that once this year too), I've seen teams wild pitch in the winning run, I've seen teams make errors that put winning runs on base, move them over, and score them. Maybe the Mets errors have more style points or something, but an error is an error. I see no reason for them to be making blooper reals for them and not anybody else, it's a low blow on their part. That's all I'm saying.
    Yes, but what TD mentioned was this year and all one team...game losing mistakes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats exactly what it is. Style points.

The Mets don't just make errors, they make absurd comedy reel errors. We've all seen a guy over throw a base or misplay a grounder. It's baseball. The Mets this year have gone above and beyond the typical error way more often than other teams have.

It's Martinez landing on his face, it's Murphy looking like a little league player once or twice a week, it's Evans catching a grounder and dropping it on the way to touch first. Not exactly what I'd describe as "an error is an error"

Sure they mean the same thing in the stat column -- similarly to the way an infield bleeder and a ball ripped off the wall could both end up as singles -- but we all know that they're not the same thing.

Keep thinking that the world is out to get them, that everybody is picking on the the poor little Mets... kicking them while they're down. It will all stop when they quit the buffoonery.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The "Shets" are an embarrassment.
    They make rooting for the Jets seem intelligent.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Thats exactly what it is. Style points.

I got it!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post

I got it!!
    lol