Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ufc 100.

Like I said:

Prior to this past Saturday's UFC 100 event, an underground movement took root and called for mixed-martial-arts fan who would attend the show to begin "Fedor!" chants throughout the night.

The thought, of course, was to make UFC executives well aware of the fans' desire to have Fedor Emelianenko, the world's top-ranked heavyweight and arguably the greatest MMA fighter in the division's history, fighting in the octagon.

The chants were never heard, but after UFC 100, UFC President Dana White said he wants Emelianenko in the UFC, that it's eventually going to happen, and that a fight with Brock Lesnar is imminent.

Lesnar, the former World Wrestling Entertainment superstar and NCAA Division I national wrestling champion, picked up his third consecutive UFC victory and first-ever title defense with a dominant second-round TKO of interim title-holder Frank Mir in UFC 100's main event.

With Lesnar's current streak of wins over Heath Herring, then-champ Randy Couture and now Mir, many are looking to possible future opponents for the seemingly invincible ground-and-pound machine.

Emelianenko, the former longtime PRIDE heavyweight champion, is the man many see as most likely to topple Lesnar. At 30-1, with back-to-back Affliction wins over two former UFC champions (Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski) and a 26-0 record (with one no-contest) over the past nine years, many fans are clamoring for the Russian fighter to take on the top talent in the world's premier fight organization.

"This Fedor thing has gone on and on and on," White said in the post-UFC 100 press conference. "Eventually, Fedor's going to be here. I want Fedor. I want him to come to the UFC and everything else.

"This guy (Brock Lesnar) just won the heavyweight title, and we'll end up getting that deal done. And then we'll do Brock vs. Fedor, and it'll be a huge fight."

How soon could we such the fight?

"Who knows," White said. "He's obviously contractually obligated to fight (with Affliction). Once that's over, we'll figure it out."

UFC officials have met with Emelianenko and his representatives multiple times. However, the meetings proved far from productive and often left each side blaming the other for the inability to get a deal done. The UFC said Emelianenko's demands were too outrageous, not necessarily from a monetary standpoint (though Emelianenko is believed to make at least $2 million per fight) but because a deal would essentially require the organization to enter the Russian market as business partners with Emelianenko's manager, Vadim Finkelchtein. Emelianenko's people say the UFC's contract demands are too restrictive without any allowances, for example, for Sambo competitions and would dictate all aspects of the fighter's career.

Concessions will be need to be made, and that's often led White to predict a slim chance of a deal coming to fruition. In fact, White has often criticized the fighter, going so far as saying Emelianenko "sucks" while mocking past recent opponents such as kickboxer Hong Man Choi and Matt Lindland, who normally fights at middleweight.

However, White's tune has changed, and on Saturday, he spoke rather definitely about the fighter's future in the UFC.

Of course, that future could hinge on Emelianenko's upcoming Aug. 1 fight at "Affliction" Trilogy." There, Emelianenko meets another former UFC champ, Josh Barnett, who many rank among the division's top three or four.

However, don't expect Barnett to get the same invitation to the UFC is he knocks off Emelianenko.

Why?

"No one's beating down my door to get Barnett," White said.

First let me say, i went to Radio City music hall for the event...it was awesome...got to talk to Frankie Edgar and Matt Hamell...cool guys. Also saw Dante Rivera after the event, and a ridiculous blonde wearing almost nothing trying to catch a cab in the rain good day.

Anyways...

Lesner is a no class douche....and if Dana white is going to let this ****ing monkey flip off UFC fans for excessing a right they paid good money for (to boo) then i am not sure i want to put money in his pocket anymore. Mark my words if Lesner is not fined you wont see me pony up another 50 bucks for a loooong time (yeah i know...who cares about my 50 bucks? hopefully i am not the only one)

On a different note, Lesner is an animal...the way he cradled Mir's head between his forearm and his bicep while he punched the living crap out of his was ridiculous. I am not sure what to think about the Fedor possibility...i would hate to see Fedor get out muscled and manhandled like Randy did.

As far as Dan Henderson goes, Mario Yamasaki needs to go away...the fact that he allowed Henderson to throw that punch on a down and out opponent was just not ok (and i was rooting for Henderson!).

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    First let me say, i went to Radio City music hall for the event...it was awesome...got to talk to Frankie Edgar and Matt Hamell...cool guys. Also saw Dante Rivera after the event, and a ridiculous blonde wearing almost nothing trying to catch a cab in the rain good day.

Anyways...

Lesner is a no class douche....and if Dana white is going to let this ****ing monkey flip off UFC fans for excessing a right they paid good money for (to boo) then i am not sure i want to put money in his pocket anymore. Mark my words if Lesner is not fined you wont see me pony up another 50 bucks for a loooong time (yeah i know...who cares about my 50 bucks? hopefully i am not the only one)

On a different note, Lesner is an animal...the way he cradled Mir's head between his forearm and his bicep while he punched the living crap out of his was ridiculous. I am not sure what to think about the Fedor possibility...i would hate to see Fedor get out muscled and manhandled like Randy did.

As far as Dan Henderson goes, Mario Yamasaki needs to go away...the fact that he allowed Henderson to throw that punch on a down and out opponent was just not ok (and i was rooting for Henderson!).
    Hendo didn't stop until Yamasaki pulled him off of Bisping. It was the on that dropped him and then the punch on the ground... that's it, it's not like he was excessively pounding Bisping. It was less then an instant and impossible to stop through Hendo's emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Hendo didn't stop until Yamasaki pulled him off of Bisping. It was the on that dropped him and then the punch on the ground... that's it, it's not like he was excessively pounding Bisping. It was less then an instant and impossible to stop through Hendo's emotions.
    all i am saying is when Henderson dropped the second punch will all his body weight behind it...bisping was already asleep. Yamasaki has a reputation for "letting them fight"...and he should have pulled off henderson after the initial KO.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    all i am saying is when Henderson dropped the second punch will all his body weight behind it...bisping was already asleep. Yamasaki has a reputation for "letting them fight"...and he should have pulled off henderson after the initial KO.
    Oh, yea... he's done that a few times. It happened so fast though I guess he did the best he could...

Oh, yea... he's done that a few times. It happened so fast though I guess he did the best he could...
    it could be, just saying with someone like him its easy to second guess.

Hey guys. Just saw the line up for next ultimate fighter on spike. Kimbo? BRILLIANT! There is your Brock Lesnar match a year from now after Kimbo Slice has trained with other guys that atke it so seriously. Best thing to happen to Kimbo IN HIS LIFE is to have been picked for this show and be filmed TRAINING as well as fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    Hey guys. Just saw the line up for next ultimate fighter on spike. Kimbo? BRILLIANT! There is your Brock Lesnar match a year from now after Kimbo Slice has trained with other guys that atke it so seriously. Best thing to happen to Kimbo IN HIS LIFE is to have been picked for this show and be filmed TRAINING as well as fighting.
    haha i told my cousin last night that Kimbo should fight Lesner...he laughed at me

If Kimbo wins the shows finale, or even makes it to it in December, he'll probably get one b.s. fight in the UFC and than fight Brock, maybe next summer. That's if Brock is still the champ. I think Velasquez is next up for Brock in Nov/Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    If Kimbo wins the shows finale, or even makes it to it in December, he'll probably get one b.s. fight in the UFC and than fight Brock, maybe next summer. That's if Brock is still the champ. I think Velasquez is next up for Brock in Nov/Dec.
    I doubt Kimbo makes it to finals, he might win a fight if that but there a few good guys this season. As for Brock, he would absolutely destroy Kimbo. I hope they never fight.
    Last edited by Dimitri_0515; 07-13-2009 at 01:37 AM.

I doubt Kimbo makes it to finals, he might win a fight if that but there a few good guys this season. As for Brock, he would absolutely destroy Lesnar. I hope they never fight.
    Brock would destroy Lesner?

I doubt Kimbo makes it to finals, he might win a fight if that but there a few good guys this season. As for Brock, he would absolutely destroy Lesnar. I hope they never fight.
    You never know, we'll see. He has been training for a while since his last fight. Should be an interesting season, I would guess he will be pick #1.

No one else here thinks that the winner of Nougeira vs Couture will get the next shot at Lesnar?

I would love to see a Nougeira/Lesnar fight, maybe in November.

Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    No one else here thinks that the winner of Nougeira vs Couture will get the next shot at Lesnar?

I would love to see a Nougeira/Lesnar fight, maybe in November.
    After watching Mir mess up Nougeira in the stand up, it sort of defeats the purpose to put him against Lesnar, he needs to beat Randy and someone else after that to get a shot.

Brock would destroy Lesner?
    fixed

Veteran
    Lesnar is a beast...he is great for UFC. I know a ton of wrestling people that watch him fight in ufc now that have never watched ufc before. and as they say...there is no such thing as bad publicity! if you dont think dana white is loving this...having ufc all over the media...then you are crazy. please make fedor vs lesnar happen!

Kimbo sucks and will never come close to winning TUF let alone sniff a title shot. I'll be surprised if he wins one fight on TUF.

On a separate note I don't get the hate for Bisping. His "trash talk" to me, is clearly tongue in cheek and in real life he's a real cool guy, but nationalism is a ***** I guess. To me, Hendo was a much bigger a-hole in the run up to this fight and on TUF than Bisping was. But for some reason everyone likes rrepeating the lie that "Hendo doesn't run his mouth, he does his talking in the ring" until they actually believe it. Lost a lot of respect for Henderson lately.

People who knock MMA only get fueled by the types that actually enjoyed watching that knockout last night. I've been a fan of MMA for a long time and that was one of the most brutal KOs I've ever seen, and anyone who isn't an absolute animal should have been concerned for Bisping in that spot whether you like him or not. He seriously could have died the way Hendo came down on him for the second shot.

And Lesnar makes me sick. If this is gonna become a promotion with all of the childish histrionics of WWE in order to "sell more" then not only does that make me not want to buy PPVs but it makes me wonder about the average intelligence of UFC fans. If you need "villains" and theater and all that crap to buy a PPV then you aren't a fan of MMA. And Lesnar is a giant tool who has nearly a 60lb weight (read: strength) advantage on his opponents. How anyone is a fan of this clown is beyond me. I can only hope Fedor can save us from this ass.

P.S. GSP looks invincible as usual. If he can gain the weight the right way and not lose too much speed, I think he can give Silva a run for his money.
    Last edited by JetsFan24; 07-13-2009 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan24 View Post
    kimbo sucks and will never come close to winning tuf let alone sniff a title shot. I'll be surprised if he wins one fight on tuf.

On a separate note i don't get the hate for bisping. His "trash talk" to me, is clearly tongue in cheek and in real life he's a real cool guy, but nationalism is a ***** i guess. To me, hendo was a much bigger a-hole in the run up to this fight and on tuf than bisping was. But for some reason everyone likes rrepeating the lie that "hendo doesn't run his mouth, he does his talking in the ring" until they actually believe it. Lost a lot of respect for henderson lately.

People who knock mma only get fueled by the types that actually enjoyed watching that knockout last night. I've been a fan of mma for a long time and that was one of the most brutal kos i've ever seen, and anyone who isn't an absolute animal should have been concerned for bisping in that spot whether you like him or not. He seriously could have died the way hendo came down on him for the second shot.

And lesnar makes me sick. If this is gonna become a promotion with all of the childish histrionics of wwe in order to "sell more" then not only does that make me not want to buy ppvs but it makes me wonder about the average intelligence of ufc fans. If you need "villains" and theater and all that crap to buy a ppv then you aren't a fan of mma. and lesnar is a giant tool who has nearly a 60lb weight (read: Strength) advantage on his opponents. How anyone is a fan of this clown is beyond me. I can only hope fedor can save us from this ass.

p.s. Gsp looks invincible as usual. If he can gain the weight the right way and not lose too much speed, i think he can give silva a run for his money.
    +1