Thread: Lebron Gets Dunked On, Then Requests That Nike Destroy The Tape

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Lebron Gets Dunked On, Then Requests That Nike Destroy The Tape

AKRON, Ohio -- You want to see video of Xavier's Jordan Crawford dunking on LeBron James?

If so, too bad.

Because you're not going to see it.

Thanks to Nike.

Turns out, there were at least two cameras rolling Monday night when Crawford dunked on James during a pick-up game here at the LeBron James Skills Academy. It was a two-handed jam, the kind that would've circulated quickly on YouTube. But Nike officials eliminated that possibility shortly after the dunk happened by allegedly confiscating tapes from various cameramen.

Freelance photographer Ryan Miller was one of the cameramen shooting the game.

He told CBSSports.com that Nike Basketball Senior Director Lynn Merritt took his tape.

"He just said, 'We have to take your tape,'" Miller said. "They took it from other guys, too."

Worth noting is that there is no policy against filming at the LeBron James Skills Academy, and Miller said he had been filming all day without incident. Nobody ever told him to stop. Nobody ever said there was a problem ... until after Crawford dunked on James.

"LeBron called Lynn over and told him something," Miller said. "That's how I knew his name was Lynn. LeBron said, 'Hey, Lynn. Come here.'"

Minutes later, Miller said Merritt demanded his tape.

"There's nothing I can think of besides LeBron just not wanting it online," Miller said. "It's a good story to tell people, I guess. But then again, I'm kind of pissed. I lost my tape."
    http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...71764/15942689

Can someone photoshop "The King's" mug onto the below pic. Thanks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I give a sh*t why?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    too bad he couldn't get someone to stop big dwight from eliminating his ass.