Thread: Bulls About to Ge Boozer

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulls About to Ge Boozer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4317515

And all they're giving up is Hinrich, who they have no need for now, and bust Tyrus Thomas. So they're getting a 16-10 guy who is also an expiring contract for a backup pg and a bust.

Wow.

I'm sure David Stern is jumping for joy that one of his pet franchises is getting this heist just 1 year after they got gift wrapped Derrick Rose.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Bulls About to Get Boozer
    Ragu plays basketball?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are the Jazz not better off just keeping Boozer for 1 more year and letting his contract run out? They're going to be almost $20 mil under the cap next summer if they don't do this trade.

If the Jazz don't do this trade they're in prime position to go after Amare or Chris Bosh next summer.

It's not like they're even getting fair compensation for Boozer. Tyrus Thomas sucks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are the Jazz not better off just keeping Boozer for 1 more year and letting his contract run out? They're going to be almost $20 mil under the cap next summer if they don't do this trade.

If the Jazz don't do this trade they're in prime position to go after Amare or Chris Bosh next summer.

It's not like they're even getting fair compensation for Boozer. Tyrus Thomas sucks.
    luxury tax

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't win in the NBA w/ dookies.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boozer is a terrible defender unless he plays in a system where he gets help defense (my cousin is a 15 year Jazz fan and is willing to give up boozer for free due to his lack of toughness and defense), he is also hurt all the time...

Tyrus Thomas is not as bad as you think he is, and he is a guy who came out of school based on nothing but athleticism...if at all guys like that don't blossom until they are in the league for a little while (he is only 22)...i say he is a borderline all star by the time he is 25.

I think its a decent trade.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Tyrus Thomas is not as bad as you think he is, and he is a guy who came out of school based on nothing but athleticism...if at all guys like that don't blossom until they are in the league for a little while (he is only 22)...i say he is a borderline all star by the time he is 25.

What on earth has Tyrus Thomas done in the nba to make you think that? He's been a very big disappointment for the Bulls. They traded f'n Lamarcus Aldridge for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What on earth has Tyrus Thomas done in the nba to make you think that? He's been a very big disappointment for the Bulls. They traded f'n Lamarcus Aldridge for him.
    athletic
    strong
    big

showed flashes of balls skills and shooting ability last year (watch game 6 of the celtics series again) i am just guessing...but like i said guys like that take a while to come around.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4317515

And all they're giving up is Hinrich, who they have no need for now, and bust Tyrus Thomas. So they're getting a 16-10 guy who is also an expiring contract for a backup pg and a bust.

Wow.

I'm sure David Stern is jumping for joy that one of his pet franchises is getting this heist just 1 year after they got gift wrapped Derrick Rose.
    Hinrich < Stockton.... keep dreaming Jazz

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Boozer is a terrible defender unless he plays in a system where he gets help defense (my cousin is a 15 year Jazz fan and is willing to give up boozer for free due to his lack of toughness and defense), he is also hurt all the time...

I think its a decent trade.

100% agree!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a Bulls fan...please don't let this trade go through.

Tyrus Thomas is a 15-10 guy in the making...22 years old...shotblocker and can score.

Kirk is a great PG defender that can shoot the ball and run an offenese...now that DRose is there he is a perfect 6th man.

Boozer is a lazy soft player with talent..no thanks