Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official '09-'10 New York Islanders Thread***

All League
    So I tune in for the last 5 minutes of Saturdays game. Isles up, 3-2. Then proceed to blow it, and lose in the SO. Typical. Kinda like watching the Jets.

Anyway, whats up with DP? Is he playing this year? Hurt his 80yr old hip again? How many years left, 7?

How does the league have the Isles play Saturday, then not again till Thursday? I hate the Isles but it seems that the league does this to them every year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Avery View Post
    How does the league have the Isles play Saturday, then not again till Thursday? I hate the Isles but it seems that the league does this to them every year.
    Definately odd. I was looking at todays games figuring there had to be an Isles game. Nope. Tomorrow, then, must be. Nope. Holy crap, Thursday? Yep.

Hall Of Fame
    Am I correct thinking the Islanders can't move for another four or five years?

As for DP, I don't even consider him an Islander anymore. If he comes back great, but I doubt it. I suspect in a few months he'll start a game, give up several over the shoulder goals, then be declared out for the season before the end of the second period. Kudos to Snow for getting good goalies.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Am I correct thinking the Islanders can't move for another four or five years?

As for DP, I don't even consider him an Islander anymore. If he comes back great, but I doubt it. I suspect in a few months he'll start a game, give up several over the shoulder goals, then be declared out for the season before the end of the second period. Kudos to Snow for getting good goalies.
    Nailed that one right on the head.

Didn't Snow draft a goalie or two? That, plus his FA goalie additions, signal that DP is done, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Nailed that one right on the head.

Didn't Snow draft a goalie or two? That, plus his FA goalie additions, signal that DP is done, I'd say.
    yes he did draft a goalie some say the best goalie in the draft i think hes a big boy too, well over 6ft.... i like roloston and biron right now have them split games they can win with these goalies no doubt about it...they say rick will be back before the end of the calander year.....

All League
    Okposo scored a goal last night, and I think Tavares had an assist. Good to see Okposo back on the ice.

So I got to see the third period last night until about 4 minutes to go then my ustream cut out. Pisser. But didn't miss much, I guess. Isles lost first two games, but still undefeated! Go figure.

Props to the Senators announcers, though. I had to watch the Senators stream, and they were fair announcers. The crowd was getting on the refs because they hadn't called any penalties on the Isles yet. The announcers said "thats because the Isles haven't committed any penalties yet". And then Biron made a great save on Kovalev, and the announcers ate it up - 'what a save by Biron!! Wow, look at that!' . Seriously, some unbiased announcing is refreshing!

Hall Of Fame
    OK, squandering a three goal lead with less than half the third period left is bad, but I like this team. Three games against excellent teams, with two on the road, and coming away with a point in each is not bad. The offense looks nice and will only get better.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    OK, squandering a three goal lead with less than half the third period left is bad, but I like this team. Three games against excellent teams, with two on the road, and coming away with a point in each is not bad. The offense looks nice and will only get better.
    ..... I caught a bit of the second period and the first 11 or so minutes of the third. 3-1 I figured was OK, but you never know..... Then I see the score later.... Jeezus..... Didn't the Isles have the same problem last year? Blowing leads late?

I do like Gordon, though. If the Isles can just stop playing their version of Mangina's prevent defense late in the game, they should be OK.

All League
    Isles down 1-0 going in to the third. I swear, I damn near listen to every Columbus day game at work for years now, and I cannot recall the last time the Isles won. They got whooped up last year by Buffalo, if I remember correctly.

All League
    Kings 2, Isles 1.

I know the season just started, but would it be going out on a limb here and say the Isles will suck again this year?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Kings 2, Isles 1.

I know the season just started, but would it be going out on a limb here and say the Isles will suck again this year?
    I believe they have a shot at 500, it's been a tough schedule so far and they've been right there in every game. This young team should get better. Okposo looks like real deal.

All League
    A monday game, then next game isnt until Friday? Jeez. Isles will be playing a bunch of back-2-backs late in the season i guess.

Okposo looks legit, so does Tavares. A good friend of mine is Canadian (follows the Leafs, poor fella). He said he's watched a ton of Tavares play through the juniors and the junior world championships, and said Tavares is actually a really tough kid with a great shot. He said Tavares isn't afraid to get his nose dirty right in the action. And all the talk before the draft was just that, talk. He said the Isles would have been nuts not to take Tavares. Tavares was the best player out there by far.

Sabres were too much for the Isles tonight...Horrible decision to play Roloson instead of Biron. Biron has played lights out against us since he left.

It looks like we both have a rookie that is the real deal...Tyler Myers could be the next Chara. That Tavares is unreal...He just has a nose for the net. He is going to be very good.

We play again in NY at the end of the month. I would be surprised if Biron wasnt playing then. I'm sure that game will be a lot closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7 View Post
    Sabres were too much for the Isles tonight...Horrible decision to play Roloson instead of Biron. Biron has played lights out against us since he left.

It looks like we both have a rookie that is the real deal...Tyler Myers could be the next Chara. That Tavares is unreal...He just has a nose for the net. He is going to be very good.

We play again in NY at the end of the month. I would be surprised if Biron wasnt playing then. I'm sure that game will be a lot closer.
    I dont like what Gordon is doing with the goalies at all, seems to be a 50/50 split...Biron should be the Number 1 and the split shjould be 65/35 or 70/30...Let Biron get in a groove they can win with him in the net, roloston is decent but should not have the same or more playing time then Biron... although whom ever scored on the penalty shot made him look kinda silly.... So far the young talent on the team is starting to look good, i cant wait until they find the right lines and the team really gels, they are going to be a very tough team to play in a year or two,

All League
    They were playing good at the end of last year, but apparently forgot that this year. Almost 10% of the season is over, and not one W to show.

All League
    I guess it could be worse - could be the Maple Leafs.

All League
    Isles up 3-1 over the Canes with just under 10 mins to go..... Ut oh....

All League
    Jeezus krist, 3-2 with just under 6 to go....

All League
    Oh look, surprise surprise. All tied at 3.

Just shoot me now.