Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official '09-'10 New York Islanders Thread***

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Jeezus krist, 3-2 with just under 6 to go....
    I just came in here to post they were up 3-1 with 6 minutes to go and predict an overtime loss. By your post I see Carolina just scored. I'm changing my prediction to a regulation loss.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I just came in here to post they were up 3-1 with 6 minutes to go and predict an overtime loss. By your post I see Carolina just scored. I'm changing my prediction to a regulation loss.
    Prolly 1-1 odds on that bet!

Timmy, you's missin good fun in the Hamper on the Can I ger a little help? thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha, fans booing as the whistle blows to end the third.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh, to the shootout. Roloson hasn't stopped a shot yet in the SO. The only one he did "stop" hit the post. In Rod We Trust.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap, a W. Rolo stopped 1 of 2, Tavares put it away.

Well, at least officially we're not as bad as Toronto!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would have been devistating. Nobody gives up two goals in the span of a minute like the Isles.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would have been devistating. Nobody gives up two goals in the span of a minute like the Isles.
    They are utmost professionals in that regard, for sure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    After barely squeaking out a W in the SO, they proceed to get whooped up by the Canadians, 5-1, who havent had a 2 goal lead all year.

Just for hoo-ha's, if there were no SO's, and there were still ties after overtime, the Isles would still be winless at 0-5-3.

Rock on, fellas.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, another 2 goal lead blown in the third, to lose in OT. Sheesh

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, my own personal thread!

Another loss in OT last night to the Habs. At least it was an honest loss - they came back to tie it at 2 towards the end. No lead to blow in this game.

Baby steps...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, my own personal thread!

Another loss in OT last night to the Habs. At least it was an honest loss - they came back to tie it at 2 towards the end. No lead to blow in this game.

Baby steps...
    haha, sometimes you just gotta talk to your self...

i do like the steps the team is taking, they seem to be competative in almost everygame they have played, considering their inexperiance thats a step in the right direction, as they grow together they will learn to close out a game...we all knew no playoffs this year...but in two years when they are in suffolk county or las vegas then they will be a very competative team...i just hope garth doesnt buy into the media and fire gordon if the team is in the right direction....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes I think I should talk to myself less. People are starting to give me funny looks

Wow, an actual regulation win last night vs the rangers. Impressive. The young kids look like they played pretty good last night.

Hows the kid they drafted last year doing? Bailey, right?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money View Post
    From last night?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    From last night?
    yup

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    3-3 Isles and Caps early in the third period. Predict the final score.

I say 9-3 Caps

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    4-0 in the third against Sabres. If they hang on they're 4-4-5. If the goalies can get their stuff together in 3rd periods, I can see this team getting a 6th to 8th place playoff spot easy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    4-0 in the third against Sabres. If they hang on they're 4-4-5. If the goalies can get their stuff together in 3rd periods, I can see this team getting a 6th to 8th place playoff spot easy.
    There is some serious talent on this Islanders team, I said that after the last Sabres game. They play very well, and just need to be consistant. That being said, that was a piss-poor effort by Buffalo last night. Derek Roy needs to go. It is like we got rid of Afinogenov, and he figured that someone else needed to handle the "puck handle around 8 guys, and then turn the puck over" role.

Sabres missed Gaustad and Kaleta last night in a bad way. Kaleta may be the most valuable player to this team aside from Miller/Vanek.

I really don't know what it is about Biron though. Since he left Buffalo, we just can't solve him. Between last year and this year, he is undefeated when he starts against us, only giving up 11 goals in 6 games.

Looking forward to Wednesday's game, hopefully it goes a little better for the home team

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    3-3 Isles and Caps early in the third period. Predict the final score.

I say 9-3 Caps
    Seems about right. 4-3 OT win, I'll take it!

Now you're talkin crazy talk. Before the Buffalo game, I read the preview on nhl.com. And they go on to say "the suddenly hot Islanders". I couldnt believe I read that - hot because they beat the Rangers straight up and an OT win vs. the Caps?? I wouldn't say that qualifies as 'hot'.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleRico82 View Post
    There is some serious talent on this Islanders team, I said that after the last Sabres game. They play very well, and just need to be consistant. That being said, that was a piss-poor effort by Buffalo last night. Derek Roy needs to go. It is like we got rid of Afinogenov, and he figured that someone else needed to handle the "puck handle around 8 guys, and then turn the puck over" role.
    Sabres missed Gaustad and Kaleta last night in a bad way. Kaleta may be the most valuable player to this team aside from Miller/Vanek.
    LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be worse - could be a Leafs fan

What do the Leafs and theTitanic have in common?

A: They both look good until they hit the ice.

What's the difference between the Toronto Maple Leafs and a cigarette vending machine?

A: The vending machine has Players!

What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and whales have in common?

A: They both get totally confused when surrounded by ice.

Why are the Toronto Maple Leafs like Canada Post?

A: They both wear uniforms and don't deliver!

Why doesn't Hamilton have an NHL team?

A: Because then Toronto would want one...

What do the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Argonauts and the Toronto Blue Jays all have in common besides being based in Toronto ?

A. None of them can play hockey.

What do you call 30 millionaires around a TV watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

A. The Toronto Maple Leafs.

What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and Billy Graham have in common?

A. They both can make 20,000 people stand up and yell 'Jesus Christ'.

How do you keep the Toronto Maple Leafs out of your yard?

A. Put up a goal net.

What do you call a Toronto Maple Leaf with a Stanley Cup ring?

A. A thief.

What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and possums have in common?

A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

How many Toronto Maple Leafs does it take to win a Stanley Cup?

A. Nobody knows ... And we may never find out.

This guy says to the bartender, "Can my dog and I watch the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game here? My cable is out, and my dog and I always watch the game together."

The bartender replies, "Normally, dogs wouldn't be allowed in my bar, but it's not very busy right now, so you and the dog can have a seat at the end of the bar. But, if there's any trouble with you or the dog, I'll have to ask you to leave."

The guy agrees, and he and his dog start watching the game. Pretty soon, the Leafs manage to score a goal and the excited dog jumps up on the bar, barks loudly, does a back flip and runs over to the bartender and gives him a high-five.

The bartender says, "Wow, that's pretty cool! What does he do when they win a game ?"

The guys answers, "No Idea, I've only had him for 3 years."

The last time the Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup most of their fans were in diapers. Coincidentally, the next time they win it those same fans will be back in diapers again!