Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 2 QB league advice

  1. #1

    2 QB league advice

    I am looking for advice on a 2 QB league. Just wanted to see what everyone thinks about 2 QB leagues and how they would address the draft. I would also love to know what you think the best setup is for a 2 QB points league. Last year I was in a 2 QB league that had: 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF and 4 bench spots. Any advice on the best 2 QB league setup and how you would score it would be much appreciated. I thank you in advance for your opinions and expertise.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Usually I play in 2 Qb leagues. They're conventional scoring not PPR.

    TD: 4 pt
    30 yds passing: 1 pt
    +300 yds passing: 5 pts
    no points for completions

    Qb's get the same points for rushing yds and rushing tds that other offensive players do.

    I won 3 leagues in that format and came runner up in 2 others. Usually I wait until the later rounds to draft qb's because that's a deep position. One year I think both of my qb's weren't even drafted it was '06 when Romo and Rivers both had breakout years. Unless you want a superstar qb like Brees, Manning or Brady you can afford to wait until round 7 or later.

  3. #3
    If you have 12 guys in your league it sucks. Just not enough Qb's.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Avery View Post
    If you have 12 guys in your league it sucks. Just not enough Qb's.
    Can't imagine doing it with a 12 team league. Brett Ratliff might end up starting on someone's team.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Can't imagine doing it with a 12 team league. Brett Ratliff might end up starting on someone's team.
    Someone in my league persuaded everyone to do it. I was the only one to decline. I had Brodie Croyle, and JP Losman at some points during the season. We wont be doing that again this year.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Avery View Post
    Someone in my league persuaded everyone to do it. I was the only one to decline. I had Brodie Croyle, and JP Losman at some points during the season. We wont be doing that again this year.
    Wow that bad? What was Brodie Croyle's avg ppg? -20?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Wow that bad? What was Brodie Croyle's avg ppg? -20?
    Well he only played that one game and got hurt. Luckily i had Kurt Warner and Larry Fitz, along with Forte, LT, Chris Johnson and Thomas Jones. So i was sill good for the season.

  8. #8
    All solid points. Thanks guys! Would it work for say a 10 person league? Anything over that should be a 1 QB league it sounds like. I am new at this. Played for the first time last year and loved it.

  9. #9
    Even with ten its annoying. I dont like 2 qbs's. Big issues on bye weeks and such.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfaneh View Post
    All solid points. Thanks guys! Would it work for say a 10 person league? Anything over that should be a 1 QB league it sounds like. I am new at this. Played for the first time last year and loved it.
    It's ok for 10 but you have to be real careful and make sure you have at least two decent qb's. Don't necessarily need Manning and Brady but you don't want to be that guy who is forced to start Tarvris Jackson.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us