Thread: Madden Demo Out

Madden Demo Out

downloaded the demo (5 minute quarters with EBGames card)....i like it...its a bit weird with the game slowed down so much...but makes it a bit more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    downloaded the demo (5 minute quarters with EBGames card)....i like it...its a bit weird with the game slowed down so much...but makes it a bit more realistic.

game has a much different feel than the past few years.. And I'm loving it..

1. No more QB's running around outside the pocket to throw the ball on every play..
    2. No more full back dives or QB sneaks for guaranteed 1st downs on short yardage
    3. Top Players like Fitzgerald are noticeably quicker..
    4. When you hit the QB the ball goes up in the air .
    5. This game is much more like a SIMULATION than Arcade style..
    6. The blocking all around is 100% better.. On runs, punt or kick returns.. Last year I couldn't return a kick off.. Already got one down to the 20 and the other I scored.. in 5 games..
    Last edited by mcsully; 07-25-2009 at 06:47 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    yeah the game has a whole better feel to it,maybe less cheeser's now!!u actually have to wrk alittle now on D.and O. its actually hard to go threw all ur reads on passing plays,by the time i check for my 2nd option my oline is starting to crumble so i haffta check it off to my rb..iam surprized the jets overall rnk is a 78.i thought we would of gone higher in rank. so we went from a 82 to a 78.. its good to see also that EA got the Sound track right for 1nce this yr http://www.ea.com/music/the-official...-10-soundtrack

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSackExchange View Post
    yeah the game has a whole better feel to it,maybe less cheeser's now!!u actually have to wrk alittle now on D.and O. its actually hard to go threw all ur reads on passing plays,by the time i check for my 2nd option my oline is starting to crumble so i haffta check it off to my rb..iam surprized the jets overall rnk is a 78.i thought we would of gone higher in rank. so we went from a 82 to a 78.. its good to see also that EA got the Sound track right for 1nce this yr http://www.ea.com/music/the-official...-10-soundtrack
    Well EA has spread out the ratings to make the superstars more dominant against average players so in reality a 78 overall team rating this year would equal a 82 or so rating in past years maddens so seems were about the same, I can see our defense rating go up significantly while our offense takes a hit since we lost Favre and Coles

All League
    do you have to preorder it to get the demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    do you have to preorder it to get the demo?

There are two Demo's out. They are

1. XBOX LIVE Gold Members can download a 1 gig demo featuring Dallas vs Giants. Its four 1 minute quarters

2. Preorder at Gamestop (5 bucks minimum) and get a code. This code allows you to download another DEMO which features last years Super Bowl Teams.. Arizona vs Pitt.. Its four five minute quarters..

Quote Originally Posted by mcsully View Post
    There are two Demo's out. They are

1. XBOX LIVE Gold Members can download a 1 gig demo featuring Dallas vs Giants. Its four 1 minute quarters

2. Preorder at Gamestop (5 bucks minimum) and get a code. This code allows you to download another DEMO which features last years Super Bowl Teams.. Arizona vs Pitt.. Its four five minute quarters..
    i downloaded the "good demo"...no sound, and accelerated clock which makes 5 minutes feel like 2....not exactly what i had in mind but better then the 1 minute crap demo in the snow.

i like the game, but i am afraid its a bit slow....i cant seem to get anywhere with the running game at all...

Undrafted Free Agent
    its weird that its seems so slow in the demo, but when u watch this it seems fast.. but i guess it is a demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqJrd...layer_embedded

the demo and that video are the same speed..

Kmets

The accelerated clock is optional but I hope they keep it. I hate playing games where it takes 1 hour.. This will speed up the game.. Hopefully they continue with players getting tired... The past 2-3 years, you could run a 10 minute drive and no one would be tired... Ridiculous..

Follow your blockers.. Running is much better this year..

I haven't had a Madden game since the late 90's, I'm thinking I should get this (for Wii)...obviously the people in this thread like the game, but should I get it?

So is there a PLAYSTATION 3 MADDEN LEAGUE here at jetsinsider?
    im joining the PS3 network today.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i downloaded the "good demo"...no sound, and accelerated clock which makes 5 minutes feel like 2....not exactly what i had in mind but better then the 1 minute crap demo in the snow.

i like the game, but i am afraid its a bit slow....i cant seem to get anywhere with the running game at all...
    Well they slowed the game speed down to make it match a real NFL game but there is an option in the game to change the speed to match last years Madden if you prefer the players to play at a faster speed, and the accelerated clock is also opional so you can edit the game to your prefrences