Thread: Going to US Vs. Mexico - Gold Cup Final

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to US Vs. Mexico - Gold Cup Final

It may be watered down, but I'm going to my first US Vs. Mexico match at Giants Stadium.... Should be amazing, even if it's the US B-/C+ team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good on you! Have a great time.

Still kicking myself for missing the AC Milan/Club America game in Atlanta.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hope the US beats them down...

it was so annoying losing to them on penalty kicks, especially since we dominated the match and should've won in regulation.

worst of all, MF'ers act like the won the World Cup or something.

USA! USA!! USA!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    5-0.

stupid ****ing gringos

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    5-0.

stupid ****ing gringos
    Poor Batman

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    SCCER ... always an exciting sport

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a disaster that game was. I feel ripped off paying $80 for that U.S performance.

One thing that pissed me off is that the stadium was 90% Mexicans and little American support. I was hoping for a little more American support than that, I felt like I was in Mexico. Nothing against Mexicans because I am Hispanic myself, but they are an embarrassment, acting like complete idiots throwing beer and bottles, and not respecting the home country they are IN. I would feel ashamed of myself if my country did that here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never been more embarrassed to root for a team. None of those players should ever be allowed to wear the US jersey, especially the defenders. The 2nd half was nothing short of a total disgrace, the team clearly gave up after the PK.

The crowd was about 70/30 Mexico IMO. Once Mexico started lighting the US up, it was all over for the US fans.

Just disgraceful. I don't care if it was the B, C, or D team, the team just didn't care after they fell behind, they didn't run, and they didn't defend. I just hope the A team can defend the honor of the US team in Azteca on August 12th, because anyone who's connected to this team has got to be ashamed.

5-0. Just pitiful.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I have never been more embarrassed to root for a team. None of those players should ever be allowed to wear the US jersey, especially the defenders. The 2nd half was nothing short of a total disgrace, the team clearly gave up after the PK.

The crowd was about 70/30 Mexico IMO. Once Mexico started lighting the US up, it was all over for the US fans.

Just disgraceful. I don't care if it was the B, C, or D team, the team just didn't care after they fell behind, they didn't run, and they didn't defend. I just hope the A team can defend the honor of the US team in Azteca on August 12th, because anyone who's connected to this team has got to be ashamed.

5-0. Just pitiful.
    Blame Bradley and the US Soccer Federation. How to you put those lightweights on a soccer pitch representing this country? No competent defenders, no strikers or anyone to finish goals, nothing but a total disgrace. No way Italy, Brazil, Argentina, or any other soccer powerhouse would have let this happen. Find out who is responsible, and boot them out the door tonight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Blame Bradley and the US Soccer Federation. How to you put those lightweights on a soccer pitch representing this country? No competent defenders, no strikers or anyone to finish goals, nothing but a total disgrace. No way Italy, Brazil, Argentina, or any other soccer powerhouse would have let this happen. Find out who is responsible, and boot them out the door tonight.
    I don't know... It's tough to boot Bradley after the summer they've had. All of the A guys had to go back to their teams at some point or risk any playing time they have with their European club teams (except maybe Donovan), which matter more in the long run than an off-season Gold Cup. The bottom line is that the team didn't play with any heart after the PK.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know... It's tough to boot Bradley after the summer they've had. All of the A guys had to go back to their teams at some point or risk any playing time they have with their European club teams (except maybe Donovan), which matter more in the long run than an off-season Gold Cup. The bottom line is that the team didn't play with any heart after the PK.
    You're right, of course. I'm just still pi$$ed after that performance. I hate losing to Mexico and all the other Latin American sides which treat us like trash when we get on their turf.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    Guess you've never seen Brian Urlacher play....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I'm not sure why Bob Bradley could have expected this. It's not like Mexico played particularly well in the tournament before this game, look at the results

Nicaragua 0*-*2 Mexico
    Mexico 1*-*1 Panama
    Mexico 2*-*0 Guadeloupe
    Mexico 4*-*0 Haiti
    Costa Rica 1*-*1 Mexico

Vs.

Grenada 0*-*4 United States
    United States 2*-*0 Honduras
    United States 2*-*2 Haiti
    United States 2*-*1 Panama
    Honduras 0*-*2 United States

I'm not saying there were signs that the US wasn't going to be as good as Mexico, but I don't see how anyone could have thought the US would just fall apart like that in the 2nd half.

I hope that it ends any conversation of any of these players ever playing in an important match again, including Brian Ching.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure why Bob Bradley could have expected this. It's not like Mexico played particularly well in the tournament before this game, look at the results

Nicaragua 0*-*2 Mexico
    Mexico 1*-*1 Panama
    Mexico 2*-*0 Guadeloupe
    Mexico 4*-*0 Haiti
    Costa Rica 1*-*1 Mexico

Vs.

Grenada 0*-*4 United States
    United States 2*-*0 Honduras
    United States 2*-*2 Haiti
    United States 2*-*1 Panama
    Honduras 0*-*2 United States

I'm not saying there were signs that the US wasn't going to be as good as Mexico, but I don't see how anyone could have thought the US would just fall apart like that in the 2nd half.

I hope that it ends any conversation of any of these players ever playing in an important match again, including Brian Ching.
    Great post. Often, when I watch the National Team, I have a difficult time believing that these players are the best we can field. Most of our defenders and midfielders still haven't grasped the importance of maintaining possession, and give up the ball in our own zone way too much.

I'm glad you mentioned Ching. I was watching a play yesterday when he was trying to out run a Mexican defender for a loose ball. It looked like he was running in quick sand. But what should we expect from a 31 year-old "striker"? Anyone looking at our team yesterday knew that we had no one to finish goals. I guess I'll take this loss in a meaningless tournament and hope that a properly stocked team on August 12 will beat Mexico at the Estadio Azteca. Now that would be sweet.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Guess you've never seen Brian Urlacher play....
    lol