Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Knicks Close to Re-Signing Nate Robinson

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Knicks Close to Re-Signing Nate Robinson

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/27/sp.../27knicks.html

    If this works out it's a damn good job by Walsh. 1 yr $5 mil is a great deal for the Knicks. Not only do they avoid Nate taking up cap room next summer he also becomes very attractive trade bait next February when Amare Stoudamire, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade and probably more superstars will be available for sign-and-trade.

    On the David Lee front apparently so far so good. Reportedly no teams have offered Lee anything above the $5 mil mid-level exception. Looks like teams are trying to save cap room for next summer or in the Pistons case already blew their load on overrated Ben Gordon.

    If the Knicks can't lock up Lee to a 1 yr $7 or 8 mil deal there are rumors of a possible trade with the Jazz for Boozer and to the Bulls for Tyrus Thomas.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great news on Nate...

    WTF is up with Thomas though

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Great news on Nate...

    WTF is up with Thomas though
    Tyrus Thomas? I dunno the Bulls are trying to con the Jazz or Knicks into giving them superior players in return.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Tyrus Thomas? I dunno the Bulls are trying to con the Jazz or Knicks into giving them superior players in return.
    Don't get me wrong, I think Thomas will be a good player...

    Just not in NY...

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/27/sp.../27knicks.html

    If this works out it's a damn good job by Walsh. 1 yr $5 mil is a great deal for the Knicks. Not only do they avoid Nate taking up cap room next summer he also becomes very attractive trade bait next February when Amare Stoudamire, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade and probably more superstars will be available for sign-and-trade.

    On the David Lee front apparently so far so good. Reportedly no teams have offered Lee anything above the $5 mil mid-level exception. Looks like teams are trying to save cap room for next summer or in the Pistons case already blew their load on overrated Ben Gordon.

    If the Knicks can't lock up Lee to a 1 yr $7 or 8 mil deal there are rumors of a possible trade with the Jazz for Boozer and to the Bulls for Tyrus Thomas.
    Exactly!!!

    I agree on Ty Thomas. All the talent is there but he just doesn't put in the consistent effort, not sure if he ever will (hmmm sounds like another front court player from the Bulls cough curry)...

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Exactly!!!

    I agree on Ty Thomas. All the talent is there but he just doesn't put in the consistent effort, not sure if he ever will (hmmm sounds like another front court player from the Bulls cough curry)...
    Next season the Knicks could potentially have the most underachieving front court of all-time: Dorko, Fat Eddy and Ty Thomas.

    Would probably rival the Nets in the '90s with Yinka Dare and Derrick Coleman.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was all for letting Nate walk heading into the off-season, but to be able to bring him back on that kind of deal is awesome. Hopefully this gets done and Lee gets figured out shortly after.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I was all for letting Nate walk heading into the off-season, but to be able to bring him back on that kind of deal is awesome. Hopefully this gets done and Lee gets figured out shortly after.
    1 yr at 5 or 6 mil is a great deal for the Knicks and it also tells you that with the economy and teams looking to save cap space for next year there simply was no market for a 5'9 shooting guard. There really isn't much of a market for Lee either even though he's a much more valuable player.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 07-28-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us