Thread: New Guy

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking New Guy

Hi all! Long time NYJ fan here, since 1969. Lived in Bayside, Queens and moved to Los Angeles in 1973, after 2 years at Queens College, needed a change of scenery. Have managed to follow the jets either by buying magazines and newspapers, radio, and thankfully the internet and NFL Ticket. I am taking a very cautiously, optimistic approach to the season, being careful not to buy too much into Rex Ryan's rhetoric ala Herm Edwards. favorite Jets, both defensive backs: John Dockery, the thinking man's player (Harvard grad) and Steve Tannen (a nice Jewish boy in the NFL). I think it's a travesty that Woody Johnson turned down the city's offer to practically give him Flushing Meadows Park for the stadium (Queens and Long Island are the Jets true fan base) and that they left Hofstra, but who am I, just an other hopelessly, addicted fan.

David

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsGuy;3191515]Hi all! Long time NYJ fan here, since 1969. Lived in Bayside, Queens and moved to Los Angeles in 1973, after 2 years at Queens College, needed a change of scenery. Have managed to follow the jets either by buying magazines and newspapers, radio, and thankfully the internet and NFL Ticket. I am taking a very cautiously, optimistic approach to the season, being careful not to buy too much into Rex Ryan's rhetoric ala Herm Edwards. favorite Jets, both defensive backs: John Dockery, the thinking man's player (Harvard grad) and Steve Tannen (a nice Jewish boy in the NFL). I think it's a travesty that Woody Johnson turned down the city's offer to practically give him Flushing Meadows Park for the stadium (Queens and Long Island are the Jets true fan base) and that they left Hofstra, but who am I, just an other hopelessly, addicted fan.

David [Don't steal it, if you can't retire on it!]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David and welcome

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... toss aside the cautious optimism david ...

... rex is going to lead us to the mountaintop!! ... he just may need us to carry him after about 5 steps ... and scream our way to the top starting at 1pm tomorrow! ...

l_j_r