Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex on Lowery...

Rex on Lowery...

"he's playing too well not to be a major contributor"

This guy will be starting by the end of TC, my money's on Lowery.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;3194490]"he's playing too well not to be a major contributor"

This guy will be starting by the end of TC, my money's on Lowery.[/QUOTE]

Lowery looked pretty good this morning. #21 :yes: He's also Taller then Lito by a couple inches. Lowery looked like he had some swagger at practice today!!

All League
    wouldnt suprise me, he played very well the first half of the season, fell off after that....probably learned a lot from that, hopefully this year he can play good the entire year

This guy has been working like a mad man to get better, he'll be faster, stronger this year.

Never close the door on a rookie corner.

I remember a Cowboys corner named Michael Downs(1980s), got toasted plenty as a starting rookie. Everybody was savaging him, saying he was too slow to play CB, and gave up on him. Except his coaches and teamates. Next year Downs came back strong...went to one of many Pro Bowls. Was a Cowboys starter for many years..

I'm not saying Lowery's going to be that good...but who knows. Lowery is a dedicated student of the game. Next to Family...football's his life. So I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

IMO...yes...Lowery could end up being a solid starting corner. He's young and still learning. If not this year then maybe next it could happen. I've not given up on him, and neither has Ryan. And there'll be no doghouse with Rex. When he sees the passion in a player that Lowery has...Rex will work with him.

Veteran
    if he can be as good as he was in the beginning of the season last year all season there is no reason he should not be starting opposite of Revis.

I said this Day 1 last year...this guy is a ballplayer.
    Dont listen to the knuckleheads here at JI. They know nothing. Lowery will be a major asset for us this year and for many years to come.

Veteran
    Lowery was one of the main reasons we were good early in the year, and once the New England came came around, he started to get burned every time

but hes a good tackler and i expect big things out of Lowery in 09

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[quote=baddniss;3194567]i said this day 1 last year...this guy is a ballplayer.
    Dont listen to the knuckleheads here at ji. They know nothing. Lowery will be a major asset for us this year and for many years to come.[/quote]

+ 1

I said it a million times...I think he ends up our version of Samuel/Sheppard.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;3194556]This guy has been working like a mad man to get better, he'll be faster, stronger this year.[/QUOTE]

He might end up being the starting CB opposite D revis, that might be more of indictment against Lito Sheppard . Dwight Lowery just dosen't have the speed to stay with the fast Wr's in the NFL. In Rex Ryan system a Cb going to be ask to play alot more man to man. Lets see Jets don't have any Wr with size and speed. Maybe that a large reason why he looking so good.

BTW Yes you can improve your speed somewhat, but your not going to be able to get to level he needs to get to to cover Nfl Wrs. Jmo he has a better chance starting at safety with rhodes than he does playing Cb. With his instincts and nose for football. Safety is where you probably get the most impact out of him. He fast enough to play safety.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-01-2009 at 01:25 AM.

[QUOTE=Raider9175;3194585]He might end up being the starting CB opposite D revis, that might be more of indictment against Lito Sheppard . Dwight Lowery just dosen't have the speed to stay with the fast Wr's in the NFL. In Rex Ryan system a Cb going to be ask to play alot more man to man. Lets see Jets don't have any Wr with size and speed. Maybe that a large reason why he looking so good.

BTW Yes you can improve your speed somewhat, but your not going to be able to get to level he needs to get to to cover Nfl Wrs. Jmo he has a better chance starting at safety with rhodes than he does playing Cb. With his instincts and nose for football. Safety is where you probably get the most impact out of him.[/QUOTE]

I think Lowery has very good technique and has good football awareness. I would rather take a CB with good technique and sound fundamentals than a CB with just speed. Some corners with just speed don't know how to recover when they get "LEFT". Lowery will be fine, especially with this unit. I think the Jets secondary will play together and create a buzz in the league this year.

[QUOTE=BXJETSBULLY;3194588]I think Lowery has very good technique and has good football awareness. I would rather take a CB with good technique and sound fundamentals than a CB with just speed. Some corners with just speed don't know how to recover when they get "LEFT". Lowery will be fine, especially with this unit. I think the Jets secondary will play together and create a buzz in the league this year.[/QUOTE]

IT depends on the system. Your a zone defense and as a rhonde barber proved you can have a very very sucessful career. The problem is in Rex ryan system hes going to leave his Cb's on an Island alot more times.(man to man) You better have Cb with speed. Rhode Barber couldn't survive in that system and JMo neither can Dwight Lowery. You were more a zone defense and there is a good chance Lowery thrives.

Raiders play more man to man than any team. You can bet Dwight Lowery wasn't even on their draft board. He dosen't have the speed to be left on an Island.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-01-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    you can also bet he wasn't on the raiders draft board because he wasn't a complete bust from the minute he showed up

crazy al would have chosen some track star with no football ability instead

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3194490]"he's playing too well not to be a major contributor"

This guy will be starting by the end of TC, my money's on Lowery.[/QUOTE]

You bet on CHADWICK the alleged great as our starter last year too! LOL How are you doing? I hope to be well enough to drive to WPB soon for lunch!

Even Lowery's supporters are saying he is slow. He didn't look slow early in the season, when he was playing well. I bet Manboob's coaching is what sunk the kid, that fat fraud was prolly yelling at him after practice with all his stupid ideas. There is a reason Rex was so excited to take over this team rather than one of the other coaching vacancies, he figured if this team can win 9 games with Manboobs it will be a SB contender with a real coach.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3194632]You bet on CHADWICK the alleged great as our starter last year too! LOL How are you doing? I hope to be well enough to drive to WPB soon for lunch![/QUOTE]

How you doing KJ? We miss you at the JA... By the way Chawick beat the pants out of KC last summer just like I knew he would and should've gone to the probowl, I would feel way more comfortable with Chad teaching the young Sanchez over KC... Damn Favre!! And I told you so.

[QUOTE=Ryan Boru;3195142]Even Lowery's supporters are saying he is slow. He didn't look slow early in the season, when he was playing well. I bet Manboob's coaching is what sunk the kid, that fat fraud was prolly yelling at him after practice with all his stupid ideas. There is a reason Rex was so excited to take over this team rather than one of the other coaching vacancies, he figured if this team can win 9 games with Manboobs it will be a SB contender with a real coach.[/QUOTE]

So true...so true.

Lowery's a lost cause because of that fat loudmouth.

[QUOTE=sg3;3194610]you can also bet he wasn't on the raiders draft board because he wasn't a complete bust from the minute he showed up

crazy al would have chosen some track star with no football ability instead[/QUOTE]

Other than Nnamdi who's the best corner in football, I wouldn't take any other corner on that pathetic squad over Lowery.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;3195152]Other than Nnamdi who's the best corner in football, I wouldn't take any other corner on that pathetic squad over Lowery.[/QUOTE]

I'd take Routt and probably Johnson...but yea...I'm still higher on Lowery than many seem to be.