Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let me remind you who the best player on the Jets is.

Veteran

Let me remind you who the best player on the Jets is.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lM_o8RFSKo[/url]

I think Kris Jenkins is our most dominant player, when he's on no one can run on us. These guys only come around every 15-20 years... he's that good. He's I dare say a more athletic Ted Washington. I pray and hope that he can find a way to stay healthy and play 5 more years, that's all I ask of him, 5 good years. Maybe 360 is too much weight, he might be better off getting down to 340 or so, he's so strong the weight loss will not take away any of his power. Haynesworth supposed to be better... a better passrusher maybe, but Jenkins is the better tackle in my opinion.

I agree Revis is up there too, maybe second, he's special.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;3196253]I think Kris Jenkins is our most dominant player, when he's on no one can run on us. These guys only come around every 15-20 years... he's that good. He's I dare say a more athletic Ted Washington. [B]I pray and hope that he can find a way to stay healthy and play 5 more years[/B], that's all I ask of him, 5 good years. Maybe 360 is too much weight, he might be better off getting down to 340 or so, he's so strong the weight loss will not take away any of his power. Haynesworth supposed to be better... a better passrusher maybe, but Jenkins is the better tackle in my opinion.

I agree Revis is up there too, maybe second, he's special.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

All Pro
    The fact that we got Jenkins for a 3rd and a 5th is a joke.

Revis may be more talented but Jenkins is more important to the team than anyone.

All League
    [QUOTE=Austin;3196260]The fact that we got Jenkins for a 3rd and a 5th is a joke.

Revis may be more talented but Jenkins is more important to the team than anyone.[/QUOTE]

+1 Most Definatly Revis is a top 5 CB in this league and dominant at what he does, but Jenkins dictates how good this defense can be and is by far the most valuable player on defense and he can give anyone on offense a run for most valuable player all together

All League
    In 06 and 07 the best player on the team was Kerry Rhodes and I believe he regains his title this year.

All League
    [QUOTE=Woody56;3196366]In 06 and 07 the best player on the team was Kerry Rhodes and I believe he regains his title this year.[/QUOTE]
    if rhodes gets back to being a stud saftey i have a lot of faith in watching a great jets D this season..

i like our DBs as a group a lot..

No one is more dominant at his position than Mangold IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    No, that would be Jenkins.

The most dominant interior D-lineman this side of Haynesworth. If Jenkins goes down, our season goes down with him.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3196415]No, that would be Jenkins.

The most dominant interior D-lineman this side of Haynesworth. If Jenkins goes down, our season goes down with him.[/QUOTE]

UT, I think there is a difference here.

Jenkins is the Jets defensive MVP. He is the only indispensible player mainly because Mike T hasn't been able to find a suitable backup like teams such as the Steelers, Pats, or Chargers have done when their NT is rotated out.

Revis is the Jets best all-around player. He may not be the defensive MVP, but he is the most talented and productive.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SMC;3196439]UT, I think there is a difference here.

Jenkins is the Jets defensive MVP. He is the only indispensible player mainly because Mike T hasn't been able to find a suitable backup like teams such as the Steelers, Pats, or Chargers have done when their NT is rotated out.

Revis is the Jets best all-around player. He may not be the defensive MVP, but he is the most talented and productive.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, I just think Jenkins is easily the most valuable player on our team. If he goes down, we're pretty much finished. If Revis went down, it would be a pretty big blow, but I still think Sheppard/Lowery could step up and do an admirable job.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=raysdaone;3196246][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lM_o8RFSKo[/url][/QUOTE]

Sick play, you're definitely right he's our best player by far.

All League

Jenkins is the Jets defensive MVP. [B] He is the only indispensible player mainly because Mike T hasn't been able to find a suitable backup[/B] like teams such as the Steelers, Pats, or Chargers have done when their NT is rotated out.

Revis is the Jets best all-around player. He may not be the defensive MVP, but he is the most talented and productive.[/QUOTE]
    i like tanny but i can't disagree we have no legit gameplan without the big fella on the field..

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3196475]i like tanny but i can't disagree we have no legit gameplan without the big fella on the field..[/QUOTE]

So what are we going to do on those downs he needs a break? They spend all this time saying they're interviewing recently parolled wide receivers, why haven't they been out having dinner with nose tackles?

Veteran

spot-on dude. MO exactly.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3196443]I hear ya, I just think Jenkins is easily the most valuable player on our team. If he goes down, we're pretty much finished. If Revis went down, it would be a pretty big blow, but I still think Sheppard/Lowery could step up and do an admirable job.[/QUOTE]

With Rhodes, lowery, Shepard and Revis on the field, we'll have one of the best secondaries in football.
    Plus when we go nickel we bring in Ahmad Carroll and become even more dangerous. We'll make QB's miserable all year.

All League
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3196488]So what are we going to do on those downs he needs a break? They spend all this time saying they're interviewing recently parolled wide receivers, why haven't they been out having dinner with nose tackles?[/QUOTE]

there's just not that many serviceable nt's out there. a few teams have gotten lucky to have more than one, but most teams are still looking for that top notch nt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Jenkins = Most valuable

Best Player:
    1a Nick Mangold
    1b Darrelle Revis

Easy, when Jenks is out they will go to a more traditional 4-3 like they did yesterday. Howard Green is a serviceable NT, he showed up in good shape and was dominating first day of camp, Pouha should be better this year too, he's entering his prime.

Hall Of Fame
    (1) Jenkins
    (2) Mangold
    (3) Revis
    (4a, 4b, 4c) Washington/Rhodes/Scott
    (5a, 5b) Harris(I hope)/Pace