Thread: Knicks, sessions near pact

Knicks, sessions near pact

August 3, 2009

The Knicks' tango with Ramon Sessions could wrap up tomorrow, according to his agent.

BACK PAGE: MARBURY'S INTERNET DISASTER

Chubby Wells, agent for the young Bucks point guard, told The Post yesterday Sessions could accept a Knicks offer either today or tomorrow.

"We've been playing footsie with the Knicks the last two weeks," Wells said. "I'm sure we'll clarify something in the next couple days with the Knicks or another team and figure out what's going on."

The Clippers, who waived guard Mike Taylor, are the other team

involved, but the Knicks appear to be the frontrunners because they are able to offer Sessions a starting role.

In a nutshell, Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni is lobbying to sign

Sessions, 23, but team president Donnie Walsh is concerned a long-term deal starting at the mid-level exception of $5.8 million will compromise the Knicks' 2010 salary cap space, even though free-agent forward David Lee could be headed for a one-year pact.

According to a source, Walsh wants to sign Sessions to a long-term deal starting at less than $5.8 million so that his 2010-2011 cap number will be less than $6 million. The source said a number of proposals have been discussed, including a one-year contract.

The Bucks, tapped out financially because of luxury-tax concerns and content with rookie point guard Brandon Jennings, are not expected to match an offer for Sessions, a former second-round pick.

The Knicks' interest in un-retired point guard Jason Williams, whom they will work out this week, has no effect on the Sessions pursuit. Williams is a cheaper alternative if they can't re-sign Nate Robinson for one year.

Are you here proving your IQ descends by the minute?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    And do yourself a favor and keep distance from me. You're nothing but a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY JOHNSON View Post
    And do yourself a favor and keep distance from me. You're nothing but a troll.
    Don't hurt me mister...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    One day ban for this and the other attacks you hurled yesterday. You can choose to be civil, or the next one will be substantially longer.

Hope they sign Sessions and Williams.

If BigCock can be healthy, and Chandler busts out, maybe they can get into the playoffs. IMO, Knicks need to get into the playoffs to land one or two of those 2010 big three FAs.
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 08-03-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Hope they sign Sessions and Williams.

If BigCock can be healthy, and Chandler busts out, maybe they can get into the playoffs. IMO, Knicks need to get into the playoffs to land one or two of those 2010 big three FAs.
    agreed through and through. Sessions set the franchise record for assists in a game for the bucks - 24 dimes if I recall. -Also had at least 20 points in that game as well;

Game high in points last year was 44 or 42, -his line along with that went to the tune of 15 assists and at least 5 boards -in that same game. And at 23, shows the ability and enormous upside this player has.

Also has that ability to be a GREAT on the ball defender -which is huge for NYK- as long as he's consistent with that effort that is;

not a knicks fan, but sessions would be a nice pick up..he can play..and would help to keep duhon fresh as well as he really wore down..

JJ, thanks for posting this...not sure what AGAW's problem was -- solid update thanks. This story has lasted about 3 solid weeks now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sessions not only is a fantastic fit for the offense but at 23 he is our PG of the future and with a solid point, Danilo, Wilson, and the likes of yet to be seen Hill and Douglas the team is not that bad in terms of attracting a big time FA.

Banned
    Very good pickup for the Knicks if this happens. Sessions is talented, young cheap and could very well be a solid starting pg for us for several years to come.

I am all for this deal. This kid can play and in turn makes Duhon much more valuable. We saw how Duhon wore down last year. He would be much better in a back-up role. Looks like we can get him relatively cheap as well, so I'll commend Walsh if this deal gets done.

Banned
    Tough situation for Sessions. Apparently his agent is playing hardball and is holding out for the full mid-level exception contracct of $33 mil. Luckily it seems the only other team interested is the Clippers who already have Baron Davis, Eric Gordon and Telfair so if Sessions goes there he'll be burried on the bench.