Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Leinart's Stunning Freefall Continues

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guido Monzino;3197014]Sar fail[/QUOTE]

lets hope there is no correlation between SAR's drafting strategy and his PSL strategy. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

YUP :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3197112]SAR wants a Franchise QB. Now that we have one, SAR is following through and offering his body to the Franchize.

I think he's acting like a model Jets fan, if you ask me.

[/QUOTE]

He's not renewing his season tickets too ? :P

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    stunning how fast leinert has fallen. i thought he was a sure fire front line qb coming out of college. USC is gaining a rep as a school that is big on names but short on production lately. leinert, lendale, mike williams, and to some extent bush. i can only think of palmer..tatupu...and polamalu as the only stand out guys, im sure there are more but all you hear is how they have all these "nfl caliber" guys on the team.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3197219]He's not renewing his season tickets too ? :P[/QUOTE]

Zzzzzzzzzzzing! :D

(Don't answer your phone!)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lendale led the league in tds one year. Cant say he is a bust.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3197008][url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/around_the_nfl/post/Leinart-sinking-?urn=nfl,180260[/url]

Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:07 pm EDT

Leinart sinking?

By Jason Cole

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - Will Matt Leinart's(notes) freefall continue?

A year ago, the 2006 first-round pick and Heisman Trophy winner was the No. 1 quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals going into training camp before he was beaten out for the job by veteran Kurt Warner(notes).

With Warner fresh off having led the Cardinals to their first Super Bowl, Leinart (at right) is not even competing for the No. 1 job anymore. But he is still competing. Arizona brought back veteran backup Brian St. Pierre(notes) and promised him a chance to compete with Leinart for the No. 2 job.

That's stunning considering that the 29-year-old St. Pierre has thrown all of one pass in six years. St. Pierre was a fifth-round draft pick by Pittsburgh in 2003. While some people believe the promise to St. Pierre by coach Ken Whisenhunt was an empty ploy, two sources indicated that the threat is very real for Leinart and that he needs to improve his game and show better mental toughness.

Both sources also rolled their eyes when asked about Leinart's offseason MMA training, which was advertised as a way to improve Leinart's toughness.

As for Leinart, he took the news in stride.

"Everybody has to compete for a job out there," Leinart said. "I'm not worried about it. I'm going to keep doing my thing."

Photo courtesy of Getty Images[/QUOTE]

This is so shocking! Matty has always seemed to have his priorities straight and put football first...

[IMG]http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/matt_leinart_drunk11.jpg[/IMG]

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would take matt over clemens. The order of the jets justed past this bust for this bust.:confused:

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3197361]This is so shocking! Matty has always seemed to have his priorities straight and put football first...

[IMG]http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/matt_leinart_drunk11.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

This is the only thing I actually respect about this guy. :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3197387]This is the only thing I actually respect about this guy. :yes:[/QUOTE]

looks like he made the wrong read again...the blonde at the far left should be the one closest to him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3197112]lol, the #2 post is about SAR I.

SAR [I]wants[/I] a Franchise QB. Now that we have one, SAR is following through and offering his body to the Franchize. I think he's acting like a model Jets fan, if you ask me.

SAR isn't the one in the wrong, here in '09. :jets17[/QUOTE]

In 2006 I beg the Jets to take a franchise quarterback, choose to tie my wagon to the stud from USC whom I've never seen a play a down, somehow I'm an idiot.

In 2009 I beg the Jets to take a franchise quarterback, choose to tie my wagon to the stud from USC whom I've never seen play a down, somehow I'm a hero.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3197027]:yes:[/QUOTE]

If we're hurting for traffic that badly, just shut down the damned hangar already and free the off topic posts from their prison. What's next? A post begging for the return of Johnny Mitchell?

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3197418]If we're hurting for traffic that badly, just shut down the damned hangar already and free the off topic posts from their prison. What's next? [B]A post begging for the return of Johnny Mitchell?[/B]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Funny you should ask....

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197281[/url]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3197417]In 2006 I beg the Jets to take a franchise quarterback, choose to tie my wagon to the stud from USC whom I've never seen a play a down, somehow I'm an idiot.

In 2009 I beg the Jets to take a franchise quarterback, choose to tie my wagon to the stud from USC whom I've never seen play a down, somehow I'm a hero.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

ha... you're definitely not wrong, I'll give you that.

Leinart sucks pretty bad, and at this point I almost feel sorry for him. I hope he gets a shot at being a decent backup somewhere, if not in AZ.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Lienart was coming out I thought he had great accuracy and decision making but suspect arm strength and mobility. The few times I've seen him play in the pros his arm and mobility looked NFL caliber but he's firing bullets to the other team. This is why the Pats are so lucky to have gotten Brady in the sixth round, that means 10-15 years of not having to waste first round picks looking for a messiah QB.

Like someone said, I feel sorry for Lienart. He seems like a nice guy and he's turning himself into a joke. But I honestly can't say what I myself would do if I had the chance to get more tang than an astronaut because its never happened. There but for the curse of God go I.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing "stunning" about this news is that anybody would find it stunning.

First round QBs bust more often than not. Just in the last decade we've had Alex Smith, JP Losman, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Patrick Ramsey, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, and Byron Leftwich -- who have all been major disappointments or outright busts. Then there's Michael Vick, of course...not sure if he's a bust, or a tragedy...or just a travesty.

Anyway, it's really no surprise that Vince Young, Jamarcus Russel, and Leinart are now teetering on the brink.

Here's to hoping that Sanchez can buck the odds.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    first thing that popped in my head also...lol, hey we all get it wrong sometimes

btw Rex heaping praise upon D'Brick last night on ESPN radio.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3197639]

btw Rex heaping praise upon D'Brick last night on ESPN radio.[/QUOTE]

btw Rex heaping praise upon D'Gholston last night on ESPN radio too.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing stunning... I had Leinart marked as a bust since I started watching him in college lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ryan Boru;3197526]Like someone said, I feel sorry for Lienart. He seems like a nice guy and he's turning himself into a joke.[/QUOTE]
    Nice guy? Leinart has had a long-time rep as one of the biggest douchebags in any sport at any level...

You want a genuinely nice guy? Terrell Owens.