Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matt Leinart's Stunning Freefall Continues

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3197657]btw Rex heaping praise upon D'Gholston last night on ESPN radio too.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    that's true...in fact the only thing he sounded unhappy about was the liquid diet :cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3197112]lol, the #2 post is about SAR I.

SAR [I]wants[/I] a Franchise QB. Now that we have one, SAR is following through and offering his body to the Franchize. I think he's acting like a model Jets fan, if you ask me.

SAR isn't the one in the wrong, here in '09. :jets17[/QUOTE]

If you think back to that argument, there were several of us that argued that those years ago a franchise QB was pointless because we had a swiss cheese o-line that would have gotten him a bad case of happy feet and/or injured.

We argued you build up front first, then go for your franchise QB. Which is exactly what was done by our front office. A dominant o-line was built. Then a trade up was made to draft a QB early and develop him with a solid base in front. I am so happy they went this, the correct route to building a team.

Meanwhile we heard endless posts of "D'Bust" and that you could sign "Any fat guy" and put them in front. How wrong that was.

Not to even mention most of the "model fans" :rolleyes: realized Leinart was the most overhyped guy in that draft.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guido Monzino;3197674]If you think back to that argument, there were several of us that argued that those years ago a franchise QB was pointless because we had a swiss cheese o-line that would have gotten him a bad case of happy feet and/or injured.

[B]We argued you build up front first, then go for your franchise QB. Which is exactly what was done by our front office. A dominant o-line was built.[/B] [B]Then a trade up was made to draft a QB early and develop him with a solid base in front. I am so happy they went this, the correct route to building a team.[/B]

Meanwhile we heard endless posts of "D'Bust" and that you could sign "Any fat guy" and put them in front. How wrong that was.

Not to even mention most of the "model fans" :rolleyes: realized Leinart was the most overhyped guy in that draft.[/QUOTE]
    Okay, alright, I forgot. I owe you a beer. I agree that it worked out great. I remember agreeing with you at that time, as I was not crazy about Leinart, but I was tired of the Jets whiffing on Franchise QB's in past drafts. Building a solid team was an option that has worked for us. No guarantees, right, Guido?

Now, back to Jets football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe she is. we can't see his right hand.

[QUOTE=CaliJetsFan;3197394]looks like he made the wrong read again...the blonde at the far left should be the one closest to him.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3197778]Okay, alright, I forgot. I owe you a beer. I agree that it worked out great. I remember agreeing with you at that time, as I was not crazy about Leinart, but I was tired of the Jets whiffing on Franchise QB's in past drafts. Building a solid team was an option that has worked for us. No guarantees, right, Guido?

Now, back to Jets football.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, no guarantees. But I am very happy we went down a calculated, methodical and logical approach towards it. Although not a guarantee, I believe it has increased our odds of a "hit" dramatically.

btw, how is this not a discussion on Jets football? The Sar stuff was just a little jab. But it did serve a purpose in reminding us of two paths we were discussing 3 years ago and where we are now.

Could you imagine the pain you would have felt if we not only had drafted Leinart, who has turned out to be a BAD QB, but at the same time we would be without D'Brick, Mangold, Faneca and co.?
    Last edited by JetPotato; 08-04-2009 at 01:44 PM.