Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now I mentioned this yesterday and I was dogpiled.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Now I mentioned this yesterday and I was dogpiled.

And I was accused of being biased for Clemens to win the job. Well, here it is again from the JI home page right now, as we speak:

[QUOTE][B]In the battle between Mark Sanchez and Kellen Clemens for the starting Quarterback job, the edge at this point must be given to the incumbent, who has shown flashes of being able to totally command the offense.[/B] This fact is no surprise, being that Clemens has worked within the system since his rookie season. Clemens’ downfall during camp has been his inability to sustain momentum, scuttling otherwise impressive sessions with a propensity to turn the ball over. The theme returned again today, but to pin the setback entirely on Clemens would be harsh. Clemens was operating the offense perfectly, dashing it down field during the 11 on 11 drill. He had driven inside the ten, before one of his passes was batted at the line by Bart Scott, into the hands of Darrele Revis. Drive over.

“How bout that,” said Clemens about the pick. “Talk about bad luck. As far as myself, really, in this offense you have your starting point and we have just continued to progress and get a little bit better each day. That’s all you can look for. Obviously, the last drive for us, offensively, I think we showed our potential and what we’re able to do against this defense.”

[B]If Clemens can curtail his lapses and avoid bad breaks, [U]he may easily win the job[/U].[/B][/QUOTE]

Come one, come all and give your opinions on the QB competition thus far.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-03-2009 at 07:15 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    What does this prove? Do you feel better?

You obviously haven't been reading Twitter.

My impression has been that Clemens is winning also, but if the rookie deserves to win it and does then thats a little awesome.

And yes, this is also considering his training camp INTs.

[QUOTE=SBIII;3197130]What does this prove? Do you feel better?[/QUOTE]

gee Sunshine, who **** in your Cheerios this morning? or was it Cookie Crisp?

can't you participate in a thread without being a total dick? :rolleyes:

All League
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3197127]Well, here it is again:[/QUOTE]

I truly believe it's in the Jets' best interest for Kellen to win the job easily and perform well. We all know Sanchez is the future, but I really don't want to see him starting unless Clemens is stinking up the joint. For this season, a successful Clemens gives the Jets a better chance at success than a learning Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SBIII;3197130]What does this prove? Do you feel better?[/QUOTE]

It proves that there is a pretty stark contrast of opinions on this competition [B]jerkoff.[/B]
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-03-2009 at 07:24 PM.

I find the blind hate for Clemens from a few on here to be as tired and boring as some find my sarcasm shtick.

It doesn't even make sense...and while I realize things don't always have to make sense it's still pretty stupid.

Ignore the power of Shiny New Toy Syndrome.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3197132][B]You obviously haven't been reading Twitter.[/B]

My impression has been that Clemens is winning also, but if the rookie deserves to win it and does then thats a little awesome.

And yes, this is also considering his training camp INTs.[/QUOTE]

SO the JI editors, some of whom are at training camp every day, don't know what's going on, that's essentially what you're saying.

You're joking right??

When did Twitter become the end all be all of training camp reports anyway??

This time last year, twitter didn't even exist.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-03-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Veteran
    Give it a rest. Holy **** all this inconclusive, inconsequential quarterback talk is just getting ridiculous. I'd hope Clemens is winning the job and can grasp the offense better than the rookie. Unfortunately, flashes is what we should be getting from Sanchez not Clemens who should be more consistent. I hope that after the first preseason game Clemens will finally start gelling but as it stands a four year veteran who's been in this system since it was implemented should not be getting looked at and evaluated the same way a rookie is evaluated. Flashes are for someone who hasn't had the opportunities and experience he has had.

But alas in the end my best case scenario works out as Clemens winning the job based on talent not the rookie cliche. And if he pans out then we can trade him for picks next year which should good times had by all Jets fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=simijet;3197134][B]I truly believe it's in the Jets' best interest for Kellen to win the job easily and perform well. We all know Sanchez is the future, but I really don't want to see him starting unless Clemens is stinking up the joint. For this season, a successful Clemens gives the Jets a better chance at success than a learning Sanchez[/B].[/QUOTE]

Well stated and I agree with you 100%.

I think Clemens is ahead of Sanchez now in camp but we can't judge these guys until preseason is over pretty much. AND Sanchez has hardly gotten any snaps with the first team.

So lets see how it goes when they switch and how they do in a live game.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3197141]SO the JI editors, some of whom are at training camp every day, don't know what's going on, that's essentially what you're saying.

[B]You're joking right??[/B]

When did Twitter become the end all be all of training camp reports anyway??

This time last year, twitter didn't even exist.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Sarcasm Gato, sure he was.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3197133]gee Sunshine, who **** in your Cheerios this morning? or was it Cookie Crisp?

can't you participate in a thread without being a total dick? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

LOL serious? Did you ever see threads where every time you post you're being a dick.

ARod.. you post this trying to toot your own horn.

[QUOTE=SBIII;3197153]LOL serious? [B]Did you ever see threads where every time you post you're being a dick.[/B]

ARod.. you post this trying to toot your own horn.[/QUOTE]

the nerve :eek:

i'm [I]this[/I] close to reporting your vicious personal attack :mad:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Oh and twitter has been around since 2006.

Someone's always being a dick to everyone else here...maybe the victims here can start a thread where they can exchange tales of poster on poster cruelty and meanypooness.

Maybe JI can take a visit to Oprah or Dr. Phil?

Or maybe the gd season could start...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SBIII;3197153]LOL serious? Did you ever see threads where every time you post you're being a dick.

ARod.. you post this trying to toot your own horn.[/QUOTE]

No donkey, I posted this to make a point. Big difference.

Funny thing is, I have been one of the very few people here who actually defends you when everyone picks on you and now you want talk sh!t??

Don't you have some homework to do jitterbug??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3197176]No donkey, I posted this to make a point. Big difference.

Funny thing is, I have been one of the very few people here who actually defends you when everyone picks on you and now you want talk sh!t??

Don't you have some homework to do jitterbug??[/QUOTE]

No I don't have hw. Who does in August anyway?

1. I don't remember you ever defending me
    2. I know what you are trying to get at, we know you want Clemens to win this battle. You don't even want Sanchez to have a shot

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SBIII;3197185]No I don't have hw. Who does in August anyway?

[B]1. I don't remember you ever defending me
    2. I know what you are trying to get at, we know you want Clemens to win this battle. You don't even want Sanchez to have a shot[/B][/QUOTE]

Well than your memory is about as good as your mind reading.

As usual, you're way off base.

I conceded yesterday that I want the best player to start regradless of who it is.

If Sanchez proves himself to be the better QB, then by all means start him and I will be behind him 100%.

My point was yesterday, I said that all reports that I had read said Clemens was winning the battle and Sanchez was struggling and I cited the article that was on the JI hompage yesterday morning. Then I had like 8 or 10 guys telling me the exact opposite was true. Then I get on the home page again tonight and the same thing again with the JI editors saying Clemens is winning the battle.

My point is that there seems to be a pretty wide contrast of opinions as to who is really winning this battle.

I just want the best QB to start regardless of who it is.

I get the feeling I'm one of those people that hates Sanchez.