Thread: How is Mr. Brett Ratliff doing?

How is Mr. Brett Ratliff doing?

How is he doing in Brown's camp. I know he is long gone but just wondering because soo many of you had him being a superstar in this league. I imagine all of the Ratliff lovers believe he will beat out a very avg tandem of Quinn and Anderson.

Hall Of Fame
    Probably going to hear about him as much as you hear about other 3rd string QB's in this league.

All League
    From the Browns Board. All I could find.

I know Twitter seems like something the neighbor's babysitter is doing, but following newsfeeds and the like is pretty useful.

This morning, OBR is having at it and answering questions. Pretty cool. Here's a copy/paste so far, then the link.

@ryangetty Lane Adkins is watching practice. I'll ask him.
    7 minutes ago from HootSuite in reply to ryangetty

@siddfinch Quinn's arm doesn't seem to suffering any ill effects to date. Those reports remain unconfirmed.8 minutes ago from HootSuite in reply to siddfinch

Coach Bryan Cox is intense -- very vocal and a nice change for this organization
    23 minutes ago from txt

Less contact and more technique and coaching work early in the session
    24 minutes ago from txt

Former head coach Buddy Ryan continues to survey the Browns defense under his son, Rob throughout drills
    25 minutes ago from txt

[B]DA and Quinn alternating throwing behind receivers in passing drills -- Ratliff throwing the ball very well29 minutes ago from txt [/B]Defensive backs working on technique drills
    31 minutes ago from txt

Massaquoi hauls in frozen rope from Anderson against tight coverage
    37 minutes ago from txt

Quinn completes dart to Cribbs in passing drills, then hits Furrey against McDonald
    39 minutes ago from txt

Gerard Lawson now running a lap
    42 minutes ago from txt

Josh Cribbs running a lap -- unsure of the specific reason
    about 1 hour ago from txt

Team conducting individual tacking drills

Updated Best Available Free Agents-Defense: Will Donnie Edwards sign on with another team or retire? Is this the.. [url]http://bit.ly/q9dYI[/url]
    about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

Updated Best Available Free Agents-Offense: It's a little surprising that Amani Toomer hasn't found a new team t.. [url]http://bit.ly/hHOu9[/url]
    about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

HC Mangini active and vocal in conditioning drills -- as a wide array of musical tastes blares on the practice fields in Berea

TE Steve Heiden now wearing regular jersey -- the red injury jersey has been shelved

Edwards and Rogers riding stationary bikes as practice commences

@Swarner23 Prepare yourself to be tweeted at. We tweet without mercy. ;-)
    about 1 hour ago from HootSuite in reply to Swarner23

@DJLitten That article almost made me choke on my breakfast Buffalo wings. [url]http://bit.ly/PEViC[/url]
    about 1 hour ago from HootSuite in reply to DJLitten

Good morning Twitterverse! Browns practice from 8:45-10:45 this morning and again at 5:45 this evening. Both are open to the public.
    about 2 hours ago from HootSuite

Hall Of Fame
    Here's a Browns QB article, no mention of Ratty.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?id=09000d5d8119de69&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true[/url]

Undrafted Free Agent
    Brett Ratliff will be QB'ing the Browns (if Mangini is still there by then) 2-3 years from now. I think this guy has all the tools and a good moxy, if Mangini can get Crennel's boys out of town wich will take time and possibly some swaying by him to convince the GM that its the right move I am telling you he will start the "other" Brett as soon as he can.

Actually this post has a little more importance just because you do remember all of the cry babies on this site saying we gave up too much to trade up and get Sanchez.:huh::huh: Just funny to see how much us Jet fans were proppring this guy up and honestly he is and will be nothing more then a clipboard carrying QB. Come on where did all the love go for "Ratty"?

[QUOTE=LanceMehl;3197364]Actually this post has a little more importance just because you do remember all of the cry babies on this site saying we gave up too much to trade up and get Sanchez.:huh::huh: Just funny to see how much us Jet fans were proppring this guy up and honestly he is and will be nothing more then a clipboard carrying QB. Come on where did all the love go for "Ratty"?[/QUOTE]

I think Ratty is going to be the starter in Cleveland for alot of years.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3197379]I think Ratty is going to be the starter in Cleveland for alot of years.:yes:[/QUOTE]

I think that is insane. Ratty is a guy you love to root for, but he has shown nothing that he can beat out a Quinn or Anderson in my opinion. If he winds up a QB2, I honestly think that is an achievement for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quinn will be starting this season, Anderson will be the veteran backup and Ratliff will be holding that clipboard tightly on the inactive list.

When the Browns finally realize what a big fat mistake hiring the gumchewing robot was and fire him (probably at the end of another dismal season) there will be some big personnel changes including the outright release of Ratliff, Abram Elam and Kenyon Coleman

Our eternal thanks to the fat gumchewing robot for giving us Mark Sanchez for pretty much nothing

[QUOTE=sg3;3197531]Quinn will be starting this season, Anderson will be the veteran backup and Ratliff will be holding that clipboard tightly on the inactive list.

When the Browns finally realize what a big fat mistake hiring the gumchewing robot was and fire him (probably at the end of another dismal season) there will be some big personnel changes including the outright release of Ratliff, Abram Elam and Kenyon Coleman

Our eternal thanks to the fat gumchewing robot for giving us Mark Sanchez for pretty much nothing[/QUOTE]

Can I get an AMEN!!! LOL!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Well on his way to becoming the next Tony Romo.

I know I read that here at least 100 times. T.hen again, that was when he was a Jet :D

Hall Of Fame
    I heard he sprained his ankle.

No information on which one.

Banned
    Quinn is going to be the Browns starting QB. Rat was waayyyy overrated by Jets fans while he was here - same like Kellen but unlike Kellen Ratliff never self-destructed during the regular season.

Anderson will be the starter in Cleveland. Quinn sucks so Ratliff may end up as the backup, but Anderson is the best and Mangini knows it. Guarantee he starts game one for the Browns.

Couple years ago during Anderson's best year, Mangini went out of his way to comment on him in a way that made it clear Mangini thought highly of him.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=LanceMehl;3197262]How is he doing in Brown's camp. I know he is long gone but just wondering because soo many of you had him being a superstar in this league. I imagine all of the Ratliff lovers believe he will beat out a very avg tandem of Quinn and Anderson.[/QUOTE]

I predict he will be the highest rated 3rd stringer in the league.

I've been hearing that Quinn has gotten himself in the famed Mangini doghouse and isn't getting a lot of reps lately.It looks like Anderson will be starting.