Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Mitchell

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Johnny Mitchell

I think it's time for Tannenbaum to get on the horn and coax this guy into another comeback attempt. We need some help at TE!

[IMG]http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/t_26768_05.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has it really gotten that bad already?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats now have FIVE guys, each who would make a fine #2 TE for the Jets, all you have to do is wait for them to let one go in the next 4 weeks and snap him up. Most likely it'll be Tyson Devryss

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3197441]The Pats now have FIVE guys, each who would make a fine #2 TE for the Jets, all you have to do is wait for them to let one go in the next 4 weeks and snap him up. Most likely it'll be Tyson Devryss[/QUOTE]

Then we can debrief him of all the special Pat secrets that led them to finish behind the Dolphins, lol, last year.:rolleyes:

No way jose, we are onto that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Just left the Leinart thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3197383]I think it's time for Tannenbaum to get on the horn and coax this guy into another comeback attempt. We need some help at TE!

[IMG]http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/t_26768_05.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

was that the pose that made him think being a male model was better than NFL?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3197383]I think it's time for Tannenbaum to get on the horn and coax this guy into another comeback attempt. We need some help at TE!

Lol - 7-11 is always open!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3197451]Then we can debrief him of all the special Pat secrets that led them to finish behind the Dolphins, lol, last year.:rolleyes:

No way jose, we are onto that.[/QUOTE]

You can couch it any way you want. The fact of the matter is the Pats won ELEVEN games last season, WITHOUT thier MVP QB, WITHOUT their all pro SS, WITHOUT their all pro OLB, etc etc etc. Thats ELEVEN games. I'm sure you geniuses can tell me when the last time the JETS won 11 games in a season. No?....well I'm not surprised. I can't either All I can be sure of is, it wasn't THIS decade.

Its both hilarious and kind of pathetic that you guys try to dog the Pats citing accomplishments YOUR team can only dream of attaining. :rolleyes:

...And here I am trying to help your sorry team find a legitimate 2nd TE or actually a first TE since the one you have can only catch the ball. Well if that's the way you feel about it, perhaps Sooth is right. Because next to what you have in camp, Johnny Mitchell is looking GOOD
    Last edited by patsfanken; 08-04-2009 at 12:53 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3197441]The Pats now have FIVE guys, each who would make a fine #2 TE for the Jets, all you have to do is wait for them to let one go in the next 4 weeks and snap him up. Most likely it'll be Tyson Devryss[/QUOTE]

unbelievable really how these arrogant delusional gnat fans of filthy cheating keep showing up spewing nonsense

lets review

the pats don't even have ONE tight end that is remotely in the same area code in quality as is Keller.

the four UDFA's the Jets signed in the offseason are ALL better than Benjaming Bigbust Watsonand the rest of the campcuts of the Patriot TE corpse.

for example, Chris "Oops, I'm a Clod" Baker a player who probably would have been cut by the Jets this training camp (and who SHOULD HAVE BEEN CUT every season for the last five years) is probably going to start for the Filthy Cheaters

That, my friends, says it ALL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3197491]You can couch it any way you want. The fact of the matter is the Pats won ELEVEN games last season, WITHOUT thier MVP QB, WITHOUT their all pro SS, WITHOUT their all pro OLB, etc etc etc. Thats ELEVEN games. I'm sure you geniuses can tell me when the last time the JETS won 11 games in a season. No?....well I'm not surprised. I can't either All I can be sure of is, it wasn't THIS decade.

Its both hilarious and kind of pathetic that you guys try to dog the Pats citing accomplishments YOUR team can only dream of attaining. :rolleyes:

...And here I am trying to help your sorry team find a legitimate 2nd TE or actually a first TE since the one you have can only catch the ball. Well if that's the way you feel about it, perhaps Sooth is right. Because next to what you have in camp, Johnny Mitchell is looking GOOD[/QUOTE]

You can couch it anyway you want, but the Jets won 9 games last year WITH Mangini as coach WITH a fat moron running the team WITH a know nothing fraud trying to fake his way through a highly paid career.

300 million people in this country, and only 32 NFL head coaching jobs. And Manboobs gets one????????????????????????????????????????????

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry cheatfanken

but without estrella and filthy cheating, video bill and the entire patrat franchise have a total of ZERO untainted titles and/or accomplishments in their entire 49 year history as a doormat

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife met him in the Boca Raton Post Office, she said he is a very nice guy

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

lol...I'll never forget the "Superman" pose after that long TD he had, I'm not sure if that was a bigger career highlight or not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3197574]lol...I'll never forget the "Superman" pose after that long TD he had, I'm not sure if that was a bigger career highlight or not.[/QUOTE]

Mitchell goes down as one of the top five Jet busts of all time. He had size, speed, and all world talent. Unfortunately, he also possessed the work ethic of an opium den devotee, and the brain power of syphilitic carnival worker from the[I] Grapes of Wrath[/I] era.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3197580]syphilitic carnival worker from the[I] Grapes of Wrath[/I] era.[/QUOTE]
    Steinbeck would be proud. :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3197580]Mitchell goes down as one of the top five Jet busts of all time. He had size, speed, and all world talent. Unfortunately, he also possessed the work ethic of an opium den devotee, and the brain power of syphilitic carnival worker from the[I] Grapes of Wrath[/I] era.[/QUOTE]

Johnny Mitchell was one of the most disapointing Jet draft picks of all time, worse than Blair. More people believed in the Mitchell pick at the time than the Blair pick, a lot more. We had VERY high hopes for Mitchell. I know, because I was there and drank the mead.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ryan Boru;3197584]Johnny Mitchell was one of the most disapointing Jet draft picks of all time, worse than Blair. More people believed in the Mitchell pick at the time than the Blair pick, a lot more. We had VERY high hopes for Mitchell. I know, because I was there and drank the mead.[/QUOTE]

+1 I was at all those games, too. I was very psyched when we drafted Mitchell, but could never figure out why he just gave up. Remember the "comeback"? What'd he last, two practices before he went home? The talent he possessed does not come around very often. He was built like a brick [I]ess-house[/I], and could outrun most receivers and D-backs. But, he became another of the myriad Jet jokes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone see the Real Sports special on Johnny Mitchell a few years ago. Man it was awful.

If I remember correctly, he got a girl in Brazil pregnant, the kid had mental/physical health issues, Mitchell ran away to the US AND THEN TOLD HIS MOM THE BABY WAS DEAD! Only when the baby's mother sent Mitchell's mom photos of the baby, did she learn the baby was alive. The story was supposed to be how Mitchell turned his life around and has since saw the baby.

Boomer was talking about it afterwards, and his comment on Mitchell was, "This just seems like his last desperate attempt to get into the NFL" It was direct and brutal.

Also, I'll never forget when he tried to come back into the NFL when Parcells was coaching the Jets.
    One day into Training Camp, "Guess who quit!?"

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnny Mitchell was one of the most gifted athletes ever pass through this organization. And it ended up being a tragic waste of a career because he was a total flake.

Still tho - he was still better than Derek Brown. THAT was a draft bust.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mitchell just did not possess the work ethic needed to be an NFL star. That was the problem........... he got swept up by his own hype :yes: