Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Johnny Mitchell

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3197383]I think it's time for Tannenbaum to get on the horn and coax this guy into another comeback attempt. We need some help at TE!

[IMG]http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/t_26768_05.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

It ain't no surprise!!

Well, just wait a few weeks because a talented TE will be cut from the Patriots at some point..

They are stacked right now at TE with Baker, Alex Smith, Ben Watson, Dave Thomas and Tyson Devree (my sleeper to make the patriots).

One or two of these guys will be released...so there is a chance you could pick up some talent from this pool.

Any observations (serious ones) regarding Andrew Davie yet out of TC?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3197580]Mitchell goes down as one of the top five Jet busts of all time. He had size, speed, and all world talent. Unfortunately, he also possessed the work ethic of an opium den devotee, and the brain power of syphilitic carnival worker from the[I] Grapes of Wrath[/I] era.[/QUOTE]

I take exception to this. Do you realize how much work it is to keep a nice, neat opium den?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3197593]Did anyone see the Real Sports special on Johnny Mitchell a few years ago. Man it was awful.

If I remember correctly, he got a girl in Brazil pregnant, the kid had mental/physical health issues, Mitchell ran away to the US AND THEN TOLD HIS MOM THE BABY WAS DEAD! Only when the baby's mother sent Mitchell's mom photos of the baby, did she learn the baby was alive. The story was supposed to be how Mitchell turned his life around and has since saw the baby.

Boomer was talking about it afterwards, and his comment on Mitchell was, "This just seems like his last desperate attempt to get into the NFL" It was direct and brutal.

Also, I'll never forget when he tried to come back into the NFL when Parcells was coaching the Jets.
    [B]One day into Training Camp, "Guess who quit!?[/B]"[/QUOTE]

I think it was written that he made millions after leaving football, real estate?

Walked out on Parcells and the Jets in 99.

Signed by the Saints for last 2 games of 2001

Signed by the Jags in 2003.

He's due.:eek:

[QUOTE=Guido Monzino;3197689]I take exception to this. Do you realize how much work it is to keep a nice, neat opium den?[/QUOTE]

Of course, I appreciate the ardor, Guido. My post addresses the clients of the den, not management.