Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Jets Working on Unbalanced Line? Brick an Woody together?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Working on Unbalanced Line? Brick an Woody together?

Just got done watching one of the fan videos that someone had posted on another thread and there is a shot that caught my eye.

Kellen yells a shift and D'Brick gets up shifts to the right side the TE comes onto the LOS making it a legal formation and as soon as Brick getsinto stance the ball is snapped with a counter action coming right behind both of our tackles who are now on the right side of the line together.

Wanted to get a feel for what people thought of it...I know it is popular in HS ball, my team used it as well as others in our conference but I have never seen it really used in that form on this level.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!. And there's the reason the Pats don't let video cams into their open practices....

BTW, The rest of the Jets opponents this season thank you. You know only told them about the unbalanced line, you broke it down for them. THANKS!
    :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loose Lips Sink Ships

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reallly though run that ONE time in this league and you will never have to do it again an it'll give teams something to plan and work on. I highly doubt i am exposing confidential info because evry and any person there could have watched it happen... Just wanted to see what people thought of the idea with the lack of TE depth that could maybe be the plan to cover it up

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3197497]SSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!. And there's the reason the Pats don't let video cams into their open practices....

BTW, The rest of the Jets opponents this season thank you. You know only told them about the unbalanced line, you broke it down for them. THANKS!
    :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It really makes no difference, ken

what with the patriots' aging defense sucking worse this year than last, the now four barren drafts in a row providing only ONE solid player (mayo) out of nearly 60 tries, a lame quarterback behind a substandard offense line with 63 year old Fred Taylor as your running back AND most importantly, with defensive signals wireless transmission meaning that poor Tommi Namathknees won't know which direction the defense will come at her before every snap...

Your filthy cheating patrats are, pretty much, irrelevant

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The part about the Wildcat which is easy for me to understand is how the running back goes in motion and the ball is snapped and the QB has a split second to decide to hand the ball off, run into the middle, run left, throw, or run left and throw on the run. Thats a lot of options for the defense to keep track of, I get it.

But why move both tackles to one side and line them up next together? I don't get that part.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ryan Boru;3197540]The part about the Wildcat which is easy for me to understand is how the running back goes in motion and the ball is snapped and the QB has a split second to decide to hand the ball off, run into the middle, run left, throw, or run left and throw on the run. Thats a lot of options for the defense to keep track of, I get it.

But why move both tackles to one side and line them up next together? I don't get that part.[/QUOTE]

It's a HS formation (occasionally in college) to put a lot of muscle at the point of attack. Good for physical mismatches on short yardage. Good against a small 4-3 DE. In the pros? I haven't seen it, but maybe it's used somewhere.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3197544]It's a HS formation (occasionally in college) to put a lot of muscle at the point of attack. Good for physical mismatches on short yardage. Good against a small 4-3 DE. In the pros? I haven't seen it, but maybe it's used somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I think the Jets used an unbalanced line in Supe III...first LOS play of the game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3197544]It's a HS formation (occasionally in college) to put a lot of muscle at the point of attack. Good for physical mismatches on short yardage. Good against a small 4-3 DE. In the pros? I haven't seen it, but maybe it's used somewhere.[/QUOTE]

The MIA wildcat has both tackles on the right side and the TE on the left side.

The only explanation I can think of is that if the defense shifts right and the QB goes left or middle the two tackles keep the defense on the wrong side. And if the defense bites on the ball going left or up the middle they keep the D on the wrong side. Anyway, I think you need a left handed RB like Ronnie Brown to make this work.

Or a lefty QB like Vick.