Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Arena League done. YES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    how about you shut the **** up before I permanently ban you
    When mild-mannered people get really upset it's scary. Had a boss at work, quiet, really laid back. One day he called us into a meeting after we were screwing around at my desk. He walks in, pounds his fist on the table and says "This is going to stop RIGHT F****** NOW!!!" I'm not ashamed to say I had a few drops of pee in my pants.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    When mild-mannered people get really upset it's scary. Had a boss at work, quiet, really laid back. One day he called us into a meeting after we were screwing around at my desk. He walks in, pounds his fist on the table and says "This is going to stop RIGHT F****** NOW!!!" I'm not ashamed to say I had a few drops of pee in my pants.
    LOL TiMMMAY, you work in the same office as the guy from the office?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    link?

and also tell the story of why you stalked ben

props to jw for getting this thread out of the "Arena sports" forum and back to the hampur where it belongs.
    i never stalked ben

everything i knew about him was on his websites

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    link?

props to jw for getting this thread out of the "Arena sports" forum and back to the hampur where it belongs.

no official link yet but rumors are it will be official next week

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by readyforthedraft View Post
    no official link yet but rumors are it will be official next week
    link?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    link?

and also tell the story of why you stalked ben

that was Buzz...i didn't want to move it when i realized it was a thread I got pissed off in, lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    link?
    Spokane's owner Brady Nelson told KREM 2 in Spokane that, "it's a done deal," that the Shock will leave AF2 to join a more competitive league, and the team feels Keefe will make them more competitive in the higher level of competition.

This new league Spokane is headed for is still a big question mark Nelson says. As many as 20 teams will reorganize into the highest level of arena football. The speculation is that AFL and strong AF2 franchises could make up the league, including perhaps Boise.

The Burn sending an official statement saying only that, "We’re just as anxious as everyone else to see a solution reached so we can prepare to move forward."

An announcement on this new incarnation of the Arena Football league is expected in the coming weeks.

With a change in leadership at the coaching level, the Shock are positioning themselves to compete in a new league with new teams and pay scales. The AFL folded. As of last week no teams remained committed to the af2, and Nelson said he was committed to taking his team to a new league formed by some teams from both organizations. Members of the indoor football league are scheduled to meet Monday and Tuesday in Tulsa where they'll collectively announce the name of the league, along with some its members.

Few details of the new league have been announced or discussed in public. While Nelson said it would be a step up for Spokane, it most definitely would not be an end-all league for players looking to play professionally.

"The pay rate will be higher, but this is not going to be a destination league. This will be a league where players will come to try to get to the NFL," Nelson said, pointing to the fact that the af2 send four players to the NFL this year.

http://www.2news.tv/sports/60813752.html
    Last edited by jetsrule128; 09-24-2009 at 04:00 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    So did Jets For Life get permanently banned for this thread or something else?
    Something else...

Shocking, I know

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Spokane's owner Brady Nelson told KREM 2 in Spokane that, "it's a done deal," that the Shock will leave AF2 to join a more competitive league, and the team feels Keefe will make them more competitive in the higher level of competition.

This new league Spokane is headed for is still a big question mark Nelson says. As many as 20 teams will reorganize into the highest level of arena football. The speculation is that AFL and strong AF2 franchises could make up the league, including perhaps Boise.

The Burn sending an official statement saying only that, "We’re just as anxious as everyone else to see a solution reached so we can prepare to move forward."

An announcement on this new incarnation of the Arena Football league is expected in the coming weeks.

http://www.2news.tv/sports/60813752.html
    It seems as if this Shocker of an announcement may Burn III.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Timmmmmeh.....the above, combined with your drunk and ditching your Jet shirt in the bathroom whilst being chased by a fed up mob of fans and security story, has almost convinced me that you are a substance abusing, psychotic, immature ne'er-do-well qwackadooskie, with a long standing penchant for anti-authoritarian acting out and lechery, whose prolly on his 8th job in 10 years and with a wife who is quietly weighing her options.

But damnit, you're a funny f***

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    It seems as if this Shocker of an announcement may Burn III.
    trust me, if GBIII is gonna get burned by any type of shocker, Big Ragu will be involved...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    trust me, if GBIII is gonna get burned by any type of shocker, Big Ragu will be involved...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Timmmmmeh.....the above, combined with your drunk and ditching your Jet shirt in the bathroom whilst being chased by a fed up mob of fans and security story, has almost convinced me that you are a substance abusing, psychotic, immature ne'er-do-well qwackadooskie, with a long standing penchant for anti-authoritarian acting out and lechery, whose prolly on his 8th job in 10 years and with a wife who is quietly weighing her options.

Also sharted myself at a Blue Oyster Cult concert and ditched underwear in men's room. Poor janitor.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

My nod for teh funnist gosh darn post of teh year, Also out of teh year!
    Last edited by BURGERMIKE; 09-24-2009 at 04:32 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.swxrightnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=11193630

Newly formed league of Arena Football teams to be unveiled

TULSA, Okla. - Arena Football Commissioner Jerry Kurz will be holding a press conference Monday to unveil the newly formed league of Arena Football teams.

The press conference begins at 1:30 p.m.

The Spokane Shock will join the newly-formed league comprised of at least a twenty teams. The new organization would include a mix of current af2 teams and teams from the defunct AFL, and would include a schedule of eight home games - just like last season.

Stay with SWXrightnow.com for more information on this developing story.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    New arena football league in the works
    (AP) – 10 minutes ago

OKLAHOMA CITY — A news conference is planned Monday to announce the formation of a new arena football league with teams from the former AFL and arenafootball2 leagues.

Representatives of the af2 teams in Oklahoma City, Arkansas, and Spokane, Wash., all confirmed to The Associated Press on Thursday that they intend to be part of the new league that will be based in Tulsa, Okla.

Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz general manager Christie Cook says ownership meetings are planned this weekend in Tulsa to finalize which other cities will have teams.

The old AFL canceled its 2009 season before eventually folding in August, while af2 continued play in smaller cities across the U.S.

Games in the new league called Arena Football 1 are to start in late March or early April

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    YOU LOSE SBIII

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    YOU LOSE SBIII
    I LOL'd

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    YOU LOSE SBIII

GBIII got the first shot in, but readyforthebushes came back with the knockout:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    New arena football league in the works
    By JEFF LATZKE (AP) – 10 minutes ago

OKLAHOMA CITY — Get the scoreboard warmed up. Arena football is making a comeback.

A news conference is planned Monday to announce the formation of a new league called Arena Football 1 with teams from the former AFL and arenafootball2 leagues.

"The owners meetings are Monday morning, and they're really going to line everything out on Monday morning as far as how the divisions go and what teams from the AFL are actually going to join Arena Football 1 and what teams from AF2 are going to join," said Troy Thompson, director of operations for the Arkansas Twisters.

Representatives of the af2 teams in Oklahoma City, Arkansas, and Spokane, Wash., all confirmed to The Associated Press on Thursday that they intend to participate. Iowa's af2 franchise also plans to send a representative to the meetings.

"There's still a lot that's going to be finalized over the weekend but everyone's excited about the movement of the league," Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz general manager Christie Cook said.

The old AFL canceled its 2009 season before eventually folding in August, ending a 22-year run for the high-scoring indoor brand of football that helped launch the career of NFL MVP and Super Bowl winner Kurt Warner. Play in af2 was never disrupted, but teams ended the season unsure of what would happen next.

"When the AFL went bankrupt and dissolved the AFL, because the af2 was an arm of the AFL, af2 in a sense was dissolved as well. This is basically the af2 reforming itself, and then from there, whatever they're going to do with the remaining AFL teams that want to continue to play," Thompson said.

The AFL had 17 teams during the 2008 season, but the Los Angeles and New Orleans franchises folded before the 2009 season was canceled. There were another 25 teams in af2 last season.

"There could be an upper tier and a lower tier in Arena Football 1, almost like college football has a Division I and a Division II," Thompson said. "Arena Football 1 could have a Division I and a Division II. That's still kind of unclear."

Jerry Kurz, the commissioner of af2, did not immediately return telephone calls from The Associated Press on Thursday. Senior director of team development Ron Armour also did not return messages.

"It's a higher level of football than the af2. It is going to be closely akin to the AFL," said Kevin Maloney, spokesman for the Spokane Shock — winners of this year's ArenaCup given to the af2 champions.

"It will be the best brand of arena football there is in the world."

Cook said training camps will open in March and a 16-week season will begin in either late March or early April, the same basic timeframe as before for the leagues — filling the football void opposite the NFL and college seasons.

Maloney said the business model of the new league will closely mimic that of af2, with players all receiving the same salary.

Beyond the high-scoring games that made it onto network television, the original Arena Football League made headlines with owners that included Jon Bon Jovi, Mike Ditka and John Elway. Teams were located in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and other major markets.