Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ufc 101

Ufc 101

BJ PENN v Kenny Florian
    Anderson Silva v Forrest Griffin

My first UFC event I'm going to with a couple of buddies, leaving in a couple of hours, should be great time.

Have fun D, I want a full report.

Should be a good fight, watched the countdown last night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Silva's going down tonight. I can feel it.

Griffin by KO in round 2.

No way Silva gets knocked out, If Griffin beats him its gotta be by submission.

BJ Penn 2nd round by Rear Naked Choke

Silva 3rd round by TKO
    Last edited by Martin&theJets; 08-08-2009 at 01:27 PM.

i will also be there. My dad owns a bar in pt pleasant and Kurt Pellegrino lives here and always comes in. There will be about 300 of us there rooting for Kurt. excited to see the forrest and silva match and penn and kflo

Pellegrino beats Neer; Silva pummeled Forrest into a first round ko. I'm a huge Silva fan and I was suprised he pulled it off so easily, I though Forrest's size would create problems.

Tough to argue against Silva being the best p4p.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Pellegrino beats Neer; Silva pummeled Forrest into a first round ko. I'm a huge Silva fan and I was suprised he pulled it off so easily, I though Forrest's size would create problems.

Tough to argue against Silva being the best p4p.
    The fact that he was backing up and was still able to knock out Griffin is truly remarkable. He basically fought the fight with his hands down!

Quote Originally Posted by JetChefJR View Post
    The fact that he was backing up and was still able to knock out Griffin is truly remarkable. He basically fought the fight with his hands down!
    I really think it came down to Forests punching power or lack their off....once Anderson figured out forest wasn't going to hurt him he just toyed with him. I found it pretty amazing that Forest basically cried uncle after all of his "ill fight anyone, i never give up etc..." he just got outclassed.

Apparently Forrest had his jaw broken and went deaf in one ear with Andersons first shot. That's gotta hurt. I was really dissapointed with the undercards they were terrible. Overall it was an ok card not great. Philly is a weird place and it smells like crap. The bars close at 2 and after the fights were done we were like Uhhhhh ok now what. Hotel gave us a suite so at leas that was nice. Another thing that I loved is that ALL the stadiums are together, Eagles, Phillies, 76ers and Flyers stadiums were all across the street together.

Glad you had fun.

Amir was robbed, what a horrible stoppage.

Silva needs to give up the 185 belt and get a title shot at 205 immediately. There is no reason for him to be fighting at 185. After the fight he said the guys at 205 are bigger than him, bull****. He absolutely toyed and played with Forrest last night, I am still baffled as to what happened, crazy.

UFC 102 is a little weak at the end of the month, very excited for Fight Night next month, favorite fighter Huerta is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Glad you had fun.

Amir was robbed, what a horrible stoppage.

Silva needs to give up the 185 belt and get a title shot at 205 immediately. There is no reason for him to be fighting at 185. After the fight he said the guys at 205 are bigger than him, bull****. He absolutely toyed and played with Forrest last night, I am still baffled as to what happened, crazy.

UFC 102 is a little weak at the end of the month, very excited for Fight Night next month, favorite fighter Huerta is back.
    Silva said he has no issue fighting at 205...

White smiled and said he believes him. Unless St Pierre moves up, Anderson belongs at 205 for his next fight...

He should still fight Henderson, if he wants to remain classy about it but I'm sure Henderson won't mind not fighting him again...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Silva's going down tonight. I can feel it.

Griffin by KO in round 2.
    really, LOL.. well shucks. you know you're really starting to win me over there as head of the sanchez support squad (SSS) until i read this. Silva isn't even human. You should know that.

After last night I am not interested in a Silva/Gsp match, whats the point? Silva is a beast and the best matchup out there for him right now is Machida.

Undrafted Free Agent
    heres the link to the silva,griffin match..if no ones seen it yet, i thought forrest woulda lasted to at least the 2nd round lol.. http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Forr...005948&tid=100

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    really, LOL.. well shucks. you know you're really starting to win me over there as head of the sanchez support squad (SSS) until i read this. Silva isn't even human. You should know that.
    Griffin got embarrased. Silva was basically toying with him from the getgo.

Definitely didn't see that coming. I don't think anyone did.

And I totally agree with Mike D. The only way I can see Silva falling is if he makes the jump to 205 and squares up with Machida.

Silva and Machida are good friends and Silva calls him his brother and will never fight him. At the presser though Dana said he will make it happen though, he said "trust me I'll make it happen".

I'd love to see a Silva Rampage

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Silva and Machida are good friends and Silva calls him his brother and will never fight him. At the presser though Dana said he will make it happen though, he said "trust me I'll make it happen".

I'd love to see a Silva Rampage
    Ya, i think it's easier said than done by Dana. I mean he can "make it happen", but he can't make them fight. I always thought that at the end of the day Silva is a competitor and won't shy away from any opportunity to challenge himself... but he reeeeaaally seems committed to not fighting Machida.

Personally i don't think Machida has the goods to beat him. GSP maybe has a small chance out going 5 rnds and outscoring him if he took him down alot, but i can't see Anderson letting that happen.

I don't think Anderson will loose again. He'll retire in a few years without another loss. Ppl should stop looking for who can beat the spider, and start looking for who will put on a great show with him. Rampage, Rashad, Marquardt, Fedor.

Ya, i think it's easier said than done by Dana. I mean he can "make it happen", but he can't make them fight. I always thought that at the end of the day Silva is a competitor and won't shy away from any opportunity to challenge himself... but he reeeeaaally seems committed to not fighting Machida.

Personally i don't think Machida has the goods to beat him. GSP maybe has a small chance out going 5 rnds and outscoring him if he took him down alot, but i can't see Anderson letting that happen.

I don't think Anderson will loose again. He'll retire in a few years without another loss. Ppl should stop looking for who can beat the spider, and start looking for who will put on a great show with him. Rampage, Rashad, Marquardt, Fedor.
    The guy is definitely the best fighter I've ever see. The guy is sick, but there has to SOMEONE out there that will knock his block off and I think Rampage is the man to do it. Rampage has a head like cinder block and has improved his standup dramatically since the days of Pride when he got KOd by Wanderlei and Shogun.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    The guy is definitely the best fighter I've ever see. The guy is sick, but there has to SOMEONE out there that will knock his block off and I think Rampage is the man to do it. Rampage has a head like cinder block and has improved his standup dramatically since the days of Pride when he got KOd by Wanderlei and Shogun.
    I agree that Rampage is much more polished than he was during his Pride era, and is probably my next favorite fighter to watch after Silva. However, I don't think Rampage would be able to pull it off. His crippling knock power would easily be the most dangerous Anderson has seen in the UFC, but much like Cote, Anderson would keep his distance until things slow down while frustrating Rampage over the first few rounds and then pick him apart. His accuracy and placement of his striking is just too good.

If there was ever a combo to put Anderson on his heels it would have to be a significant reach and weight advantage. Literrally diggin into the HW bag for someone. And at that point ppl would begin to question the validity of pitting the two against each other. My dream fight for Anderson would be Fedor at 205. I would be phenomenal to see Anderson dismantle the most inflated MMA star today. Fedor would present a legitimate match that would challenge anderson, but also expose Fedor as the padded champion he is.
    Last edited by Paradis; 08-10-2009 at 12:35 PM.

I agree that Rampage is much more polished than he was during his Pride era, and is probably my next favorite fighter to watch after Silva. However, I don't think Rampage would be able to pull it off. His crippling knock power would easily be the most dangerous Anderson has seen in the UFC, but much like Cote, Anderson would keep his distance until things slow down while frustrating Rampage over the first few rounds and then pick him apart. His accuracy and placement of his striking is just too good.

If there was ever a combo to put Anderson on his heels it would have to be a significant reach and weight advantage. Literrally diggin into the HW bag for someone. And at that point ppl would begin to question the validity of pitting the two against each other.
    I don't think the match between Silva and Machida would be good. I think they'd pace around each other the whole fight.