Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2009-10: All Championships Thread

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone see this?

There is a guy in the background during the Chelsea-ManU match brushing his teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FJt6...layer_embedded

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Anyone see this?

There is a guy in the background during the Chelsea-ManU match brushing his teeth.

lol i was on the road during this match and didnt get a chance to see it...certainly debunks some of those "english people dont care about their teeth"myths doesnt it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude looks like TO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone see this?

Was going to post a separate thread about that - definitely worthy. Someone posted this on RAWK in response to the pic:

Yo yo, Here I stand I'm MC Boss
    You luv the f*ckin smile cos I like a bit of floss
    You know who I am
    You saw in TV
    I'm a c*nt of a rapper and me teeth are damn shineee

Word.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ....also wearing sun glasses....to a game played at night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patrick Vieira has signed with Man City.

He's desperate for playing time which he wasn't getting at Inter Milan. It's his last chance to got to the WC.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey BD we just signed Lucas Neill. The Anzac contingent at Galatasaray grows, mostly because of the success Kewell has had here. at the last match of the seasons fist half this was hung in the stands:

http://staywithusharry.com/

I know I've asked you this before but don't remember when and where: what do you think of him? Particularly would you say he's quick or on the slow side?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey BD we just signed Lucas Neill. The Anzac contingent at Galatasaray grows, mostly because of the success Kewell has had here. at the last match of the seasons fist half this was hung in the stands:

http://staywithusharry.com/

I know I've asked you this before but don't remember when and where: what do you think of him? Particularly would you say he's quick or on the slow side?
    Hey, Turk - he's certainly not blessed with a great amount of speed, but his speed is not a deficiency for him. He's probably middle of the pack in terms of that, though at 31 he will be slowing down. He shouldn't have any issues in Super Lig because the pace in the Premier is frenetic at the worst of times and he hasn't been overly troubled previously (except if caught out of position by players like Fernando Torres - and which defender wouldn't look slow against Torres). Neill gets by with great positioning against quality players.

You have, tactically, a very astute operator who has defended with distinction against some of the best attacking players on the planet - often in a "backs to the wall" type of situation, given the clubs he's been at and the competition they've been in. He can operate anywhere along the backline: I imagine his versatility appealed to Gala. He's also very hard-nosed and tough player - early on in England he used to give away stupid free kicks close to goal, but that trait has disappeared. He is very vocal and a great organiser of defenders around him - but occasionally he can get on the nerves of his own players. Not that long ago the very top clubs were looking at him to play in a back-up capacity - Liverpool were not the only club who tabled a tentative offer for him. United looked at him and at least one of the very top clubs in Spain. In terms of distribution he's certainly no libero, but can put a decent pass together, long or short. He's a good pick up, or rather should be. Can't see him playing anywhere else except in defence, maybe the holding midfield position in a pinch.

As for Kewell, rumours are his Missus desperately wants him to move permanently back to London. Suspect that is what will eventuate, as apparently she's largely calling the shots in what will happen next as it's 'her turn', given that it was Harry's decision to go to Gala in the first place. Sorry to disappoint, and hope for the Gala faithful I'm wrong.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Hey, Turk - he's certainly not blessed with a great amount of speed, but his speed is not a deficiency for him. He's probably middle of the pack in terms of that, though at 31 he will be slowing down. He shouldn't have any issues in Super Lig because the pace in the Premier is frenetic at the worst of times and he hasn't been overly troubled previously (except if caught out of position by players like Fernando Torres - and which defender wouldn't look slow against Torres). Neill gets by with great positioning against quality players.

You have, tactically, a very astute operator who has defended with distinction against some of the best attacking players on the planet - often in a "backs to the wall" type of situation, given the clubs he's been at and the competition they've been in. He can operate anywhere along the backline: I imagine his versatility appealed to Gala. He's also very hard-nosed and tough player - early on in England he used to give away stupid free kicks close to goal, but that trait has disappeared. He is very vocal and a great organiser of defenders around him - but occasionally he can get on the nerves of his own players. Not that long ago the very top clubs were looking at him to play in a back-up capacity - Liverpool were not the only club who tabled a tentative offer for him. United looked at him and at least one of the very top clubs in Spain. In terms of distribution he's certainly no libero, but can put a decent pass together, long or short. He's a good pick up, or rather should be. Can't see him playing anywhere else except in defence, maybe the holding midfield position in a pinch.

As for Kewell, rumours are his Missus desperately wants him to move permanently back to London. Suspect that is what will eventuate, as apparently she's largely calling the shots in what will happen next as it's 'her turn', given that it was Harry's decision to go to Gala in the first place. Sorry to disappoint, and hope for the Gala faithful I'm wrong.
    Thanks a lot mate. We've been hearing the same things regarding Kewell. Personally I love what the guy brings to the table from a leadership standpoint. I'll be very disappointed if he leaves. He can be replaced from a pure football point of view, he's not what he was back in Leeds, but he makes everyone who plays with him that much better. He's like Alan Faneca in a way, when you watch him one on one somethimes he whiffs and he doesn't dominate like he used to. But when you think of how much the Offensive Line - especcially D'brick and even Mangold - as a unit has improved he's been worth every penny they're paying him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot mate. We've been hearing the same things regarding Kewell. Personally I love what the guy brings to the table from a leadership standpoint. I'll be very disappointed if he leaves. He can be replaced from a pure football point of view, he's not what he was back in Leeds, but he makes everyone who plays with him that much better. He's like Alan Faneca in a way, when you watch him one on one somethimes he whiffs and he doesn't dominate like he used to. But when you think of how much the Offensive Line - especcially D'brick and even Mangold - as a unit has improved he's been worth every penny they're paying him.
    Yep - they talk a lot about "intangibles" in American football - and it certainly applies in football (soccer) as well - though for some reason its not discussed muchly as an asset in the World Game. "Intangibles" is one of the things I think should be taken more a note of in every other sport apart from the NFL.

I think Kewell would be a fool to go back to England from Gala from a footballing standpoint. At Liverpool he regularly had his car urinated on when he was based there, despite the fact Liverpool FC totally screwed him - God knows what awaits him in London and what club he'll play for. TBH the fans in England are sh*t - he was a brilliant player for Leeds but talk to a Leeds fan and they curse the day he was born. At Gala he is rightly worshiped as a leader among the squad. He should see out his European career at Gala as it's not as if it's going to be decades - his Missus can wait if you ask me. She has it pretty good as it is, so its a small sacrifice to make.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW doesn't he look like he's about to kick in Aussie rules futbol match in the picture on the right?

We have ourselves our own Ben Graham

One more thing; as of today he's become immensely popular amongst the GS fans because of an unfortunate incident of him killing a bird w'th a ball during a game. They've dubbed him the "Bird Killer". Why is this important?

Fenerbahce are known as the Canaries and Besiktas as the Eagles.
    Last edited by The Turk; 01-15-2010 at 10:18 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW doesn't he look like he's about to kick in Aussie rules futbol match in the picture on the right?

We have ourselves our own Ben Graham

One more thing; as of today he's become immensely popular amongst the GS fans because of an unfortunate incident of him killing a bird w'th a ball during a game. They've dubbed him the "Bird Killer". Why is this important?

Fenerbahce are known as the Canaries and Besiktas as the Eagles.
    Class - always wondered why Gala fans referred to the "Sewerbirds", so now I know! The Fener and Besi attacking players should know that if their lower legs get anywhere near the penalty area a dislocation of the kneecap is a great possibility.

In that pic,, the Aussie Rules/Ben Graham look certainly applies.

Many Everton fans are not particularly happy he's being sold.

One point behind in Super Lig - Gala is the team I'll be cheering on from now on - hopefully in the Europa Liverpool and Gala won't meet until the final.
    Last edited by Soberphobia; 01-15-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Class - always wondered why Gala fans referred to the "Sewerbirds", so now I know! The Fener and Besi attacking players should know that if their lower legs get anywhere near the penalty area a dislocation of the kneecap is a great possibility.

In that pic,, the Aussie Rules/Ben Graham look certainly applies.

Many Everton fans are not particularly happy he's being sold.

One point behind in Super Lig - Gala is the team I'll be cheering on from now on - hopefully in the Europa Liverpool and Gala won't meet until the final.
    Welcome aboard. And don't mind the one point difference. we're down having already lost at Fener, they'll be coming to our home in in april so we're really 2 points up.

The draw is actually very interesting in the Eurocup.

If we get by Atletico Madrid we play the Blushyte of liverpool in the next round. And if the Blushyte of Istanbul get by Lille, they play Liverpool.

A double Liverpool - Istanbul Derby with both the reds moving on would be awesome. Last time the scousers were in Istanbul (05 CL final) it was great fun. I have a feeling they'll be even more welcome when they come to kick some sewerbird ass.

I'll be going to madrid for the away game at Atletico in February it should be fun.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    After Lucas (who had a great looking debut BTW) we just got Jo from Man Cİty and Gio Dos Santos from Tottenham on loan. They're both young if they work out they will be very good pick ups.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    So excited about my boy Gio dos Santos going to Galatasaray. Here's hoping he plays well and gets himself ready for the World Cup.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    dunno if this is the thread for it but have been looking at pictures of Gala's new stadium that is opening later this year - looks boss. The Turk will be proud of it - and they didn't spend a dime to get it built, either.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Di Natale scores again for Udi - not taken in the draft as yet - leading scorer in Serie A this season, magnificent season for him - though I have my eye on another striker in the Serie A as a bench striker.