Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2009-10: All Championships Thread

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    dunno if this is the thread for it but have been looking at pictures of Gala's new stadium that is opening later this year - looks boss. The Turk will be proud of it - and they didn't spend a dime to get it built, either.
    It's been quite a headache trying to get that thing built. The first time we tossed out the idea of a new stadium was 1996.

I drive by the new one everyday on my way to work and it looks like it's going to be ready for the second half of next season.

And BD, Lucas Neill scored his first goal for us last night. He's in great form but Kewell still hasn't recovered from his injury. I don't know how much he'll be able to contribute in SA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    It's been quite a headache trying to get that thing built. The first time we tossed out the idea of a new stadium was 1996.

I drive by the new one everyday on my way to work and it looks like it's going to be ready for the second half of next season.

And BD, Lucas Neill scored his first goal for us last night. He's in great form but Kewell still hasn't recovered from his injury. I don't know how much he'll be able to contribute in SA.
    Yeah - there is a live feed of the stadium being built on line somewhere - I've also seen pictures of the inside of the stadium as it is right now - looks awesome. It will be a show piece stadium of European football (guess you could also call it Asian football, too, given Turkey's location!) - you will be extremely happy to go see games in that building.

The word is from the Kewell camp is that he'll be ready for the Cup - guess we'll see though. BTW - didn't get the time to transcribe that interview I mentioned a few weeks ago with Harry. Good to hear about Neill - he's a class player, Everton certainly didn't want him to leave when he did - definitely able to play and hold his own in any league in the world.

Veteran
    As you may know Lazio blatantly laid down for Inter last week to do their part in blocking Roma's way to the Scudetto.

This banner was unfurled in the Lazio Curva when Inter scored, mocking roma even further. Self explanatory:

This banner is from this week's Roma- Inter cup final:

Liar while you were saying "oh no" your mother was saying "ohh yessss"

Last edited by The Turk; 05-06-2010 at 11:16 AM.