Thread: Greg Paulus named Syracuse starting QB

Greg Paulus named Syracuse starting QB

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4406074

Just saw this. It should be interesting to see what he's got since not playing football since HS.

Syracuse has nowhere to go but up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaSanchez View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4406074

Just saw this. It should be interesting to see what he's got since not playing football since HS.

Syracuse has nowhere to go but up anyway.
    Beat me to it, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Beat me to it, huh.
    Nah. we were simultaneous. Yours is better though. I don't have the aspect of being a Syracuse student like you do.

Don't be so down on the Paulus experiment. He was as highly rated coming out of HS as Mark Sanchez was. Yeah he's doing it in order to get drafted as opposed to signing as an UFA. So, it is pretty mercenary, but the guy does have talent.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaSanchez View Post
    Nah. we were simultaneous. Yours is better though. I don't have the aspect of being a Syracuse student like you do.

Don't be so down on the Paulus experiment. He was as highly rated coming out of HS as Mark Sanchez was. Yeah he's doing it in order to get drafted as opposed to signing as an UFA. So, it is pretty mercenary, but the guy does have talent.
    Not questioning his talent, I know he could have gone to a number of big schools out of HS. I was at first very hesitant to believe he could pick up a football after four years out of the game and be an effective QB. No doubt he's an athlete, but would he be able to get back into the mental aspect of the game such as reading defenses, going through progressions, pocket presence, etc? If he's been named starter after one week, he's obviously shown something that Marrone likes (or Nassib is that bad).

Playing point guard is about the closest thing to being a QB. Finding the open man, running the offense and calling the play set, etc...very similar.

At least it's not like he was out of sports completely. BC is also in the kind of situation. They've got a 25 yr old vying for the starting QB job ala Chris Weinke (playing minor league baseball).

He kissed a boy...

And he liked it...