Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: What Team Do You Use and Why?

  1. #1

    What Team Do You Use and Why?

    When playing Madden what team do you use?

    On my offline franchises I always say "This year I am going to use a different team" but I always end up using the Jets.

  2. #2
    i like using ****ty teams like the lions...i hate using the good team...i feel like i have an advantage.

  3. #3
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    City of Big Shoulders
    Posts
    78
    My first couple of times through a season I always use New England; hey they are my team, and it doesn't hurt they are the best team in the game. (Except from running plays and blocking, terrible .... I've got to looking into a new playbook.)

    After that, I'll pick a team lower on the totem pole (maybe KC or Denver this year), and build them up.

    SSDD

  4. #4
    ive been playing online with the Jets and havent one one scrimmage yet, lol.

    I was thinking of using the Vikings or Texans.

    But im probably going to use the Saints or Ravens.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Posts
    4,455
    i play against my son. i am pittsburgh and he is baltimore(his favorite team)

  6. #6
    i use the jets every year. im 7-0 so far. and brady broke some bone so hes out the whole year rofl waffle

  7. #7
    I suck online. But the Vikings are pretty good. Harvin is almost unstoppable on slant routes if you time the pass right he will catch it in stride and almost everytime get a TD.

  8. #8
    Yep I'm using the Jets again.
    But I have played a couple of games with the Giants. Using Jacobs and Bradshaw was fun. Jacobs is hard to tackle

  9. #9

    Anybody going to Florham Saturday, Got a Question?

    I know practice is staring at 10:30 according to the website, but does anybody know will it be a two session or just the one and if so how long the session is?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    I use the Jets even when they suck. To compensate I usually use a better offensive playbook like the Tennesee Titans'. Back in the day Michael Vick was a mandatory play in Madden.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SEPatsFan View Post
    My first couple of times through a season I always use New England; hey they are my team, and it doesn't hurt they are the best team in the game. (Except from running plays and blocking, terrible .... I've got to looking into a new playbook.)

    After that, I'll pick a team lower on the totem pole (maybe KC or Denver this year), and build them up.

    SSDD
    It's not NE, it's the game. ****ing impossible to establish a consistent running game against the CPU. I usually end up putting up about a 1.5 YPC average until the 4th quarter when their D starts to wear down.

    Anyways I usually tend to play with the Jets in my franchises. I get bored pretty fast playing with other teams.

    I might relocate with some other team and do a fantasy draft soon though.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    It's not NE, it's the game. ****ing impossible to establish a consistent running game against the CPU. I usually end up putting up about a 1.5 YPC average until the 4th quarter when their D starts to wear down.

    Anyways I usually tend to play with the Jets in my franchises. I get bored pretty fast playing with other teams.

    I might relocate with some other team and do a fantasy draft soon though.
    Yea, I'm only on playing on All-Pro and I have similar rushing stats. It's damn near impossible. I've gotten tackled before Sanchez even hands it off.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Yea, I'm only on playing on All-Pro and I have similar rushing stats. It's damn near impossible. I've gotten tackled before Sanchez even hands it off.
    So I discovered that if you shift your line protection before the play you can run the ball a lot more effectively. On the 360, hit the left trigger and choose your protection based on the type of running play it is. "Agressive" for runs up the middle, "right" for runs to the right etc. Just tore up the Eagles for 200+ yards on the ground on All-Madden. You won't exactly put up 100+ yards every game but it's a lot more effective.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us