Thread: Syracuse to host Notre Dame & USC in the new Jets stadium

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Syracuse to host Notre Dame & USC in the new Jets stadium

read it yesterday; I think it is USC in 2012 and Notre Dame in '14 & '16....

good to see- the Kickoff Classic was always a real treat to see in person to start the season....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of the Syracuse locals are flipping out since these games were long scheduled to be in the Dome.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    A chance to see the Irish and the Trojans in person? Game on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    A chance to see the Irish and the Trojans in person? Game on.
    Not to mention the Syracuse Orange...

I'm happy with it. I was already talking to friends about how we would trek back up to Cuse to see these games, but we'll likely be in Manhattan so this makes things much easier.

The Syracuse locals are up in arms, but this will certainly make the NY-metro alum happy in addition to helping our recruiting.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Notre Dame now has a couple of home and homes over a four year period with Syracuse and a game at Yankee Stadium with Army as part of a series. Toss in Navy and Air Force. WOW. What a schedule. Are they looking to add Akron, Buffalo and Indiana State so they can claim how great a record they have and demand a top tier bowl.
    This is a fake program that was great once but is now yesterday's news.
    The worst part of it they claim how great their school is ( a little snobby though). It is but the football team bears zero resemblance to the student body. I doubt many of the players could score 1500 on the combined 3 part SAT (2400).
    Do they ever play a good SEC school or a BIG 12? You see what happens with USC.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Not to mention the Syracuse Orange...

The Syracuse locals are up in arms, but this will certainly make the NY-metro alum happy in addition to helping our recruiting.
    Bingo! This looks like it may have Marrone's fingerprints all over it. This guy seems to get the importance of getting some of those recruits Rutgers took from SU not so long ago.

The Syracuse locals will pipe down when the Orange get back on the winning track. They might even start showing up at the games again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Bingo! This looks like it may have Marrone's fingerprints all over it. This guy seems to get the importance of getting some of those recruits Rutgers took from SU not so long ago.

The Syracuse locals will pipe down when the Orange get back on the winning track. They might even start showing up at the games again.
    I can't complain. The games at the Meadowlands will be much closer for me, I just hope they can fill up the stadium.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't complain. The games at the Meadowlands will be much closer for me, I just hope they can fill up the stadium.
    the stadium will be close to full...now whether it is SU that brings them in or the Irish and Trojans is a matter of debate...

nope- it'll be USC/Notre Dame that brings 'em in......

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    All of the Syracuse locals are flipping out since these games were long scheduled to be in the Dome.
    more reason to flip out....

Syracuse, Penn St. renewing seriesEmail Print Comments23 Associated Press

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Syracuse and Penn State are renewing their long football rivalry with a game at New Meadowlands Stadium.

The contest in August 2013 will be the first of a three-game series, announced Wednesday. The two schools also are working to finalize an agreement to play a home-and-home series in 2020-21.

"Playing a neutral site game in the New Meadowlands Stadium versus Penn State was the impetus for a longer series," said Dr. Daryl Gross, Syracuse's athletic director, said. "Had this opportunity not been available, it would have been years before we were able to resume the series."

The teams have met 70 times, the longest rivalry in Syracuse history, with the Nittany Lions holding a 42-23-5 advantage. The series ended after 1990, when the Big East was formed and Penn State joined the Big Ten. It resumed again two years ago with a home-and-home series.

Penn State athletic director Tim Curley said he was impressed after visiting the new $1.6 billion stadium earlier this year.

"This game will provide a great opportunity for some of our players to play close to home and for our fans and the 40,000 Penn State alumni in metropolitan New York City to see the Nittany Lions play in person," Curley said.

Syracuse first visited the old Meadowlands in 1979, and has a 5-3 record. Penn State has an 8-3 record there.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5343808