Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Taking the train to the game?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;3422870]Yes..its called South Norwalk.

Its actually a hub station.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, B.

Veteran
    I have a couple, probably stupid questions, but TIA for the answers.

1. According to the NJtransit schedule, the Meadowlands train stops running at like 5:30. That will be pushed back in accordance with SNF right?

2. How is the parking at Secaucus Junction? Would I be better served driving to Secaucus and parking, or taking my local train (South Orange) to Secaucus, and transferring?

Thanks again!

Jets Insider VIP
    1) yes

2) have no idea about parking

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=njherdfan;3424174]I have a couple, probably stupid questions, but TIA for the answers.

1. According to the NJtransit schedule, the Meadowlands train stops running at like 5:30. That will be pushed back in accordance with SNF right?

2. How is the parking at Secaucus Junction? Would I be better served driving to Secaucus and parking, or taking my local train (South Orange) to Secaucus, and transferring?

Thanks again![/QUOTE]

I have never actually parked there, but they do have a well advertised parking lot there. If you aren't drinking, driving to the Secaucus station is probably a great way to go.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

FOr anyone considering the train to and from the stadium on SUnday, here is a link with the time tables.

[url]http://mta.info/lirr/pubs/TrainToTheGame/8PMGames.htm[/url]

Just be advised, on the return trip, if you are going through Penn, you could get caught in Penn for an hour or more awaiting a connection out east dependant on when the game ends.

Also, a few of us, not all of us:rolleyes:, have experienced some delays at the Secaucus transfer on the the way home, so that could affect things too.

ANyone experienced driving at this time who could offer their take as to whether it is easier or more difficult at this hour?

Jets Insider VIP
    it's probably a tad more difficult driving than for a one PM game because there might be some PM weekend returning traffic

but it's way easier driving home at around the midnight hour because other than the traffic from the stadium there is virtually NO OTHER traffic on the roads to deal with

I took the possible Penn delays into account and bought a parking pass from ticket exchange for 20 bucks plus TM fees

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=sg3;3426382]it's probably a tad more difficult driving than for a one PM game because there might be some PM weekend returning traffic

but it's way easier driving home at around the midnight hour because other than the traffic from the stadium there is virtually NO OTHER traffic on the roads to deal with

I took the possible Penn delays into account and bought a parking pass from ticket exchange for 20 bucks plus TM fees[/QUOTE]

Thanks sg3.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3424513]I have never actually parked there, but they do have a well advertised parking lot there. If you aren't drinking, driving to the Secaucus station is probably a great way to go.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks, the Jets website says that parking at the Secaucus station is 20 bucks, and I won't be drinking, so it looks like that's what I'll be doing, I just wanted to make sure that there would be room to park at Secaucus

Bus 351

Does the Port Authority 351 bus still run or is train the only public transportation option from NYC? I've driven to all of the games this season but may need to take bus or train tonight.

Waterboy
    [QUOTE=jss223;3430790]Does the Port Authority 351 bus still run or is train the only public transportation option from NYC? I've driven to all of the games this season but may need to take bus or train tonight.[/QUOTE]

Yes, NJ Transit still operates the 351 bus service from the Port Authority: [url]http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=351BustoJetsandGiantsTo[/url]