Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the train to the game?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3227928]Bell and 41st Avenue

the one I will be using. Don't you dare glomm on to my parking space

:):):)[/QUOTE]

Should be easy getting a space no rush hour, I wouldn't worry.

Jets Insider VIP
    the smiley things indicate that I was not actually worrying

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3228102]the smiley things indicate that I was not actually worrying[/QUOTE]

How was it taking the train from Bayside? Last minute, my kid didn't want to go, and the weather looked like *hit.

Jets Insider VIP
    my first trip will be for week 2

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3230652]my first trip will be for week 2[/QUOTE]

Yea mine too..It's the only game I'll be going to this year unless we have a home playoff game...I figured a 10am train out of Bayside should get us there between 11:30 and 12.

Jets Insider VIP
    looks about right for that day

you can probably get the same NJT train out of Penn taking the 10:26 but if you miss that train, you apparently get to the stadium around 12:30

Undrafted Free Agent

Eagles @ Jets

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I took a 6:03 out of Penn switched at Secaucus and arrived at the Stadium at 6:35. Left at half-time for a posted 9:00 PM return but the train left at 8:50 PM so they were obviously running more frequently. Same time frame on the return.[/COLOR]

Jets Insider VIP
    one of the two guys I go to games with went last night. He said the train was much better than slogging over two bridges and parking fees from LI.

His only recommendation was to buy your tickets beforehand and avoid the lines buying them at Penn Station on the day of the game

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Does anybody know if the bus from Port Authority will still be running? Or does the train service replace it.

I always found the bus to be simple and quick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=sg3;3238504]one of the two guys I go to games with went last night. He said the train was much better than slogging over two bridges and parking fees from LI.

His only recommendation was to buy your tickets beforehand and avoid the lines buying them at Penn Station on the day of the game[/QUOTE]

Apparently, on the LIRR, you can buy a round trip ticket to the Meadowlands that covers the NJ portion also....you have to buy it at a machine, not aboard the train.

[url]http://www.mta.info/lirr/pubs/TrainToTheGame/[/url]

This sounds great, but like others have said I only fear the exodus after the game. If they manage the lines properly (make line-cutting by drunk eejits harder to do) it should be cool. I'm planning to use it next game.

That three and a half hour debacle by car after a game is just too unbearable.

Interestingly, you cant buy this ticket for concerts etc., which SUUUUUUUCKS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Piper;3243691]Does anybody know if the bus from Port Authority will still be running? Or does the train service replace it.

I always found the bus to be simple and quick.[/QUOTE]No more 310 or 164 shuttle.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Take it for what it is worth, but here is what my cousin had to say about the train after the Giants game tonight:

[QUOTE]Do Not take that stupid train ride if you're comin from any where in Jersey. May as well drive! It took 2 hrs and 45 minutes to get from my seat to Edison. [/QUOTE]

I should have my tickets revoked for asking this, but does anyone know if trains leave from the stadium back to Secaucus during the game? For instance, if one had to leave at half time, could that loser get on a train that's leaving soon? Or would that loser have to wait outside like an idiot for 90 minutes that he could have spent inside watching the rest of the game?

I hope it never comes to this, but there are occasionally uncontrollable circumstances which prevent some folks from being at all of the games. And I'm wondering if this is an option.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3243851]No more 310 or 164 shuttle.[/QUOTE]are you sure?

[quote][B][URL="http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=351BustoJetsandGiantsTo"]351 Bus Service to Jets & Giants Home Games[/URL][/B]

NJ TRANSIT operates direct bus service (Route No. 351) from the Port Authority Bus Terminal to the Meadowlands for Jets and Giants home games only. Bus service begins 3 hours before the game and continues for up to 90 minutes after. Roundtrip adult fare is $10.

Rail service for major events at Giants Stadium now operates from Hoboken Terminal and Secaucus Junction. [URL="http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=MeadowlandsTo"]Learn more[/URL].

Bus service for events at [URL="http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TripPlannerMdwIzodTo"]IZOD Center[/URL] and the [URL="http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TripPlannerMdwRaceTo"]Meadowlands Racetrack[/URL] is provided via Secaucus Junction.[/quote]
    I can't find any more info than that, but a friend said he took the bus to the Giants game...

[QUOTE=isired;3255937]are you sure?

I can't find any more info than that, but a friend said he took the bus to the Giants game...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, NJ Transit's site shows the 351 as still running between the Port Authority and the Meadowlands. In fairness, the previous poster said the "310 or 164 shuttle" weren't running anymore, and I have no idea about those. But it looks like the 351 (bus many took from Port Authority to Meadowlands) is still running according to the site.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Cornfed;3256039]Yeah, NJ Transit's site shows the 351 as still running between the Port Authority and the Meadowlands. In fairness, the previous poster said the "310 or 164 shuttle" weren't running anymore, and I have no idea about those. But it looks like the 351 (bus many took from Port Authority to Meadowlands) is still running according to the site.[/QUOTE]

Question for anyone who speaks 'bus'. What is the 310 and 164,as opposed to the 351 which appears to still be running?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Piper;3256226]Question for anyone who speaks 'bus'. What is the 310 and 164,as opposed to the 351 which appears to still be running?[/QUOTE]
    i think jumba just typo'd 310, he probably meant 351 - that's the 'special events' bus, the usual gameday bus. the 164 is the normal NJ transit bus that services the area, on gamedays it doesn't go into the complex while the 351 is running, but it does before/after.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://imgsrv.1010wins.com/image/DbGraphic/200909/1359624.jpg?1253104116[/IMG]
    Posted: Wednesday, 16 September 2009 8:26AM

New Train Takes Football Fans from NY to Meadowlands

LARCHMONT, N.Y. (AP/1010 WINS) -- It turns out you CAN get there from here -- but it takes a while.

Former Jets wide receiver Wayne Chrebet will help Metro-North Railroad kick off its experimental service to Jets and Giants football games at the Meadowlands.

Chrebet will greet fans in Larchmont, N.Y., on Sunday morning. Then he and the railroad's president will take the train from Westchester County to New Jersey.

The train starts in Connecticut, and also stops in Rye, N.Y.

NJ Transit provides part of the service. The 86-mile run from New Haven to Secaucus, N.J., takes about 2 1/2 hours.

The adult fare is $22.50 from Rye. The fare for children, ages 5 to 11, is $1.50.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

^

2 1/2 hours from Larchmont, lol...that is ridiculous

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3257105]^

2 1/2 hours from Larchmont, lol...that is ridiculous[/QUOTE]

2 1/2 hours from New Haven, learntoreadwin..lol