Thread: Lebron 2010

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Lebron 2010

Saw the interview on ESPN Sunday Morning. Doesn't seem all that passionate about staying with the Cavs. There are already rumors Shaq is on the trading block. Lebron will never win a ring in Cleveland.

Hey even if the Knicks don't get Lebron, Amare and Joe Johnson with a supporting cast is enough to make us a contender.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Hey even if the Knicks don't get Lebron, Amare and Joe Johnson with a supporting cast is enough to make us a contender.
    -realtalk-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lebron + Wade in 2010 = Championship...

Looks so damn good...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    Lebron + Wade in 2010 = Championship...

Looks so damn good...
    I don't think there's any chance of getting Wade and honestly I don't know if I even want him he's very injury prone and if the Knicks gave him $100 mil guaranteed you know with their luck he'd end up playing 40 games a year.

Wade's a great player but at that price and with his injury history plus the fact that he's an undersized two who likes to drive to the basket and draw contact so you know the injury bug isn't going away.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    get Lebron and a big man. If Hill, Douglas, Gallanari, and Chandler keep developing.....your core is ridiculous to say the least.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw the interview on ESPN Sunday Morning. Doesn't seem all that passionate about staying with the Cavs. There are already rumors Shaq is on the trading block. Lebron will never win a ring in Cleveland.

Huh? Why? They just traded for him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That photoshop image is sweet, but the Knicks would definitely get new jerseys if they landed Bron Bron

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love LeBron but I dont think it's realistic at this point. Our chance is remote at best, something like the Bulls shot when Kobe became a FA last time.

Chris Bosh is the guy we need to keep an eye on. If the Raptors keep him and try to re-sign him we could probably get him, I'm sure Walsh and Dantoni would be in favor.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    I would love LeBron but I dont think it's realistic at this point. Our chance is remote at best, something like the Bulls shot when Kobe became a FA last time.

Chris Bosh is the guy we need to keep an eye on. If the Raptors keep him and try to re-sign him we could probably get him, I'm sure Walsh and Dantoni would be in favor.
    Bosh is overrated only reason people prefer him over Amare is because he's younger but Amare is the better player plus he's made it obvious he wants to come here.

It's starting to look like the Knicks are getting Amare and Joe Johnson next summer though I would not be shocked at all if Lebron left Cleveland.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 08-27-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Huh? Why? They just traded for him.
    Shaq's an expiring contract and even a dumbass GM like Danny Ferry is aware by now that the Cavs are still the 3rd best team in the East.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

THIS.

the basketball media is already starting to spin it in a way that it would be a colossal failure on the Knicks' part if they don't land LeBron, and i'm sure there are plenty of stupid Knicks fans out there who feel/will feel the same way.

but Donnie's plan is about much more than just LeBron. of course, LBJ is at the top of the list, and if we can get him, i will reach unspeakable levels of Mancruzt. but what Donnie Walsh is actually doing is giving the Knicks A CHOICE on who they sign, for the first time in over a decade.

before, when we were stuck at $40-50 million over the cap and our roster was overstocked with garbage, we had no chance of ever getting a big-time free agent, or even a legit difference-maker through trades. our only hope came from some other team's garbage (see: Steph, Francis, Crawford, ZBo, etc.), or overpaying scrubs with the MLE and hope that they would turn out alright.

now we can actually pursue free agents in the open market, and use the lure of NYC and D'Antoni's system, as well as bucketloads of cash, to get them in here. even if we don't sign LeBron, count on the Knicks being a MUCH improved team after the Summer of '10.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    THIS.

the basketball media is already starting to spin it in a way that it would be a colossal failure on the Knicks' part if they don't land LeBron, and i'm sure there are plenty of stupid Knicks fans out there who feel/will feel the same way.

but Donnie's plan is about much more than just LeBron. of course, LBJ is at the top of the list, and if we can get him, i will reach unspeakable levels of Mancruzt. but what Donnie Walsh is actually doing is giving the Knicks A CHOICE on who they sign, for the first time in over a decade.

before, when we were stuck at $40-50 million over the cap and our roster was overstocked with garbage, we had no chance of ever getting a big-time free agent, or even a legit difference-maker through trades. our only hope came from some other team's garbage (see: Steph, Francis, Crawford, ZBo, etc.), or overpaying scrubs with the MLE and hope that they would turn out alright.

now we can actually pursue free agents in the open market, and use the lure of NYC and D'Antoni's system, as well as bucketloads of cash, to get them in here. even if we don't sign LeBron, count on the Knicks being a MUCH improved team after the Summer of '10.
    You speak the truth. Walsh has already done a helluva job getting us out of salary cap hell. Even if we don't get Lebron there are other big-time players that will be available next summer 2010 and by trading deadline February 2011 or probably earlier Carmelo, Chris Paul and Deron Williams may be available as well in a sign-and-trade.

If Lebron wants to stay in Cleveland go ahead - he'll never win a championship there b/c they'll be over the cap and Danny Ferry is a below mediocre GM. Plus he'll always be overshadowed by stars in bigger markets like Kobe.

Or he could just come to NYC and become the biggest sports star in the world and get teamed up with Amare Stoudemire and David Lee .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you guys are all overlooking an even bigger issue.

Will Toney Douglas give up his #23 if LBJ comes to NY?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bosh is overrated only reason people prefer him over Amare is because he's younger but Amare is the better player plus he's made it obvious he wants to come here.

It's starting to look like the Knicks are getting Amare and Joe Johnson next summer though I would not be shocked at all if Lebron left Cleveland.
    I dont want any part of a big man with a history of knee issues.
    Antonio McDyess anyone?

Amare is the one that's overrated, a one trick pony with a bad attitude.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    I dont want any part of a big man with a history of knee issues.
    Antonio McDyess anyone?

Amare is the one that's overrated, a one trick pony with a bad attitude.
    Amare has an injury history but I don't think he's as risky as McDyess was plus he's a better player than McDyess ever was. He's also a better player than Bosh.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    THIS.

Great post, I feel the same way you do, perhaps, LJ may not be the key to a championship. Let's clean the garbage and utilize the money wisely Donnie!