Thread: Dustin Keller - Thoughts?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Dustin Keller - Thoughts?

I had a brutal position in the draft and when I was going to take a TE in round 6 I had the brutal task of watching Gates and Witten get snatched up right before I was about to pick so I waited until the later rounds to take Keller.

What do you think Keller is going to be this year? I'd love 60-70 catches, about 800 yards and 6-8 tds. Sorry to sound like a homer but this guy looks like he can flat out make plays and the Jets really don't have any other receivers besides Cotch.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I had a brutal position in the draft and when I was going to take a TE in round 6 I had the brutal task of watching Gates and Witten get snatched up right before I was about to pick so I waited until the later rounds to take Keller.

What do you think Keller is going to be this year? I'd love 60-70 catches, about 800 yards and 6-8 tds. Sorry to sound like a homer but this guy looks like he can flat out make plays and the Jets really don't have any other receivers besides Cotch.
    I don't see any reason to take a TE before the 10th round. After the top 4 or 5 guys, everyone else seems like the same player.
    I drafted Zach Miller in the 12th round or so... I like Keller, but no more or less than anyone else, and certainly not for a 6th roudner.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think keller has what it takes to be good.........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post

That sounds about right. I grabbed him in the 10th-12th rounds in a few of my leagues. Great value there. Certainly more upside than of the other TE's still available then.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I grabbed him in like the 13th Round, I believe.

He should have a great year. I think he'll be a nice checkdown for Sanchez on a lot of plays, and hopefully this year he'll have some nice deep pass routes. I think you can guarantee at least 70 catches for him, with the lack of WR's around him.

You might want to pick another TE, though. There are plenty good ones. Zach Miller, Tony Scheffler, Randy McMichael, and Todd Heap should have a bounce back year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    I grabbed him in like the 13th Round, I believe.

He should have a great year. I think he'll be a nice checkdown for Sanchez on a lot of plays, and hopefully this year he'll have some nice deep pass routes. I think you can guarantee at least 70 catches for him, with the lack of WR's around him.

You might want to pick another TE, though. There are plenty good ones. Zach Miller, Tony Scheffler, Randy McMichael, and Todd Heap should have a bounce back year.
    I picked Shockey in the 15th round. Don't get me wrong I don't expect anything from Shockey besides injuries but it was slim pickings that late in the draft.

Other than TE I am pleased with how my team came out in that league though the yahoo draft format really favors the teams with the top 3 and bottom 3 picks. Having the 6th pick was brutal and every round I'd see players I wanted get snatched up.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 08-31-2009 at 09:31 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He needs to be more consistent, he's a nice back up. I'd be scared if he was my starting TE though.