Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone see that sucker punch in the Boise St/Oregon game?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think suspending him for the season is a lil over the top, 4 games would have been fine. Give the kid a chance to make up for his mistake. Not like he murdered anything.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    These guys are such children. He goes to school for free, he has everything laid out of for him -- handed to him on a silver platter, a career in the making, but decides to act like a spoiled baby.

**** him, I hope he pumps gas for the rest of his life.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 09-05-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    These guys are such children. He goes to school for free, he has everything laid out of for him -- handed to him on a silver platter, a career in the making, but decides to act like a spoiled baby.

**** him, I hope he pumps gas for the rest of his life.
    Sounds like a guy with a lot of student loans to pay.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's not going to school for free anymore. You get suspended, you LOSE YOUR SCHOLARSHIP. It's almost mandatory. For those who don't know - there is no such thing as a guaranteed 4 year scholarship. It is renewed each year at the discretion of the coaching staff. Or the amount adjusted up or down.
    This guy is a punk. That was a sucker punch. Prime Raider material -in the 5th round. Not a bad player - cost himself a bundle.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hendu24 View Post
    I think suspending him for the season is a lil over the top, 4 games would have been fine. Give the kid a chance to make up for his mistake. Not like he murdered anything.
    This isn't the NFL, it's college. A non athlete does it, he is thrown out of school. Colleges are adopting more of a zero tolerance for punks. And it's a good thing.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    He's not going to school for free anymore. You get suspended, you LOSE YOUR SCHOLARSHIP. It's almost mandatory. For those who don't know - there is no such thing as a guaranteed 4 year scholarship. It is renewed each year at the discretion of the coaching staff. Or the amount adjusted up or down.
    This guy is a punk. That was a sucker punch. Prime Raider material -in the 5th round. Not a bad player - cost himself a bundle.
    Actually, I read that although he won't be allowed to play in any games this year, he's going to keep his scholarship and still practice with the team. What a joke.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Actually, I read that although he won't be allowed to play in any games this year, he's going to keep his scholarship and still practice with the team. What a joke.

The PAC 10 may have something to say about his status. If the school allows him to remain on the team, it says a lot about what a lousy school it is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hendu24 View Post
    This is why we have the problems that we have in today's society. Life is about choices. We have this "let's give them another chance" solution to too many wrong doings. Perhaps he can play another sport and he can even go to classes now and earn a degree, but he can't play football. That is a good way to learn about life and how the rest of us have to tow the line.
    I am amazed on how newspapers list the large number of crimes committed by high school and collegiate players and yet the beat goes on. School authorities and coaches cover for these players, give too many chances, make excuses..... all in the name of winning. School is about learning and that includes life lessons.