Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Big Win for Notre Lame

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Big Win for Notre Lame

    Over the mighty powerhouse Nevada.


    This is why I don't follow college football as closely as I do the NFL.

    1) It seems like any college team can schedule a bunch of layups and proclaim their season as a success. Charlie Weis, the fat f*ck who is maybe the most overpaid coach in sports can pack his schedule with a bunch of Division II and high school teams.

    2) No clear champion. I understand there will never be a college football playoff system due to the politics and money behind the bowl system but c'mon every year there's like 5 teams who say they're the champions meanwhile any crap team can play in the Julio's Thongs, Inc. Bowl and say they're a bowl winner.

    3) Wierd Offensive Schemes. I remember in high school facing the option formation when I was playing on defense and thinking to myself "wow this is lame" turn on any game on Saturday and it is all over the place. I'd rather watch Major League Soccer than watch a three-headed option formation run over and over again.

    And what the f*ck is it with these teams that have only shotgun formation? I remember a couple years back I was watching Utah and they were on 1st and goal at the 1 yard line and they were running an empty backfield 5 wr shotgun formation. What f*cking clown coach thinks this sh*t up?


  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Over the mighty powerhouse Nevada.


    This is why I don't follow college football as closely as I do the NFL.

    1) It seems like any college team can schedule a bunch of layups and proclaim their season as a success. Charlie Weis, the fat f*ck who is maybe the most overpaid coach in sports can pack his schedule with a bunch of Division II and high school teams.

    2) No clear champion. I understand there will never be a college football playoff system due to the politics and money behind the bowl system but c'mon every year there's like 5 teams who say they're the champions meanwhile any crap team can play in the Julio's Thongs, Inc. Bowl and say they're a bowl winner.

    3) Wierd Offensive Schemes. I remember in high school facing the option formation when I was playing on defense and thinking to myself "wow this is lame" turn on any game on Saturday and it is all over the place. I'd rather watch Major League Soccer than watch a three-headed option formation run over and over again.

    And what the f*ck is it with these teams that have only shotgun formation? I remember a couple years back I was watching Utah and they were on 1st and goal at the 1 yard line and they were running an empty backfield 5 wr shotgun formation. What f*cking clown coach thinks this sh*t up?

    Notre Dame is actually good this year.

    Floyd isn't only going to be a pro, he's going to be a GREAT pro. Outside of injury, watch out for him at WR. He's amazing.

    Their TE Rudolph is also an excellent player. Golden Tate is a very good college player although I don't see much pro upside from him. Clausen is only OK but good enough with the weapons they have.


    And their next bunch of games are against Michigan, Mich St, USC in a few weeks as well. They aren't going to be just beating up on a bunch of garbage teams. And Nevada isn't complete garbage either. They have a few kids on that team will be pros. The one DE in particular will play in the NFL and could end up being a very good player.

    I'm a big Notre Dame fan but not some blind homer. I'll be the first to tell you that Brady Quinn is NEVER going to be a good NFL QB because his skillset just doesn't match up for a good transfer. Quinn at best will be an OK QB but that is as far as it goes. Mangini should and will go with Anderson imo.

    What will keep Notre Dame from being great this year however is their weakness on defense against the run. Their offense has the ability to be great as long as Clausen doesn't screw it up.


    Weis is great at recruiting and for a Notre Dame fan, I hope he stays around. He's going to have the program playing great and I strongly disagreed with those idiots who wanted to get rid of Weis. Even if you are Bill Parcells, you aren't going to win if the QB play is bad and there isn't talent enough around them to make up for it. Clausen was AWFUL his first year, and only slightly better last year.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 09-07-2009 at 01:15 AM.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,580
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Notre Dame is actually good this year.

    Floyd isn't only going to be a pro, he's going to be a GREAT pro. Outside of injury, watch out for him at WR. He's amazing.

    Their TE Rudolph is also an excellent player. Golden Tate is a very good college player although I don't see much pro upside from him. Clausen is only OK but good enough with the weapons they have.


    And their next bunch of games are against Michigan, Mich St, USC in a few weeks as well. They aren't going to be just beating up on a bunch of garbage teams. And Nevada isn't complete garbage either. They have a few kids on that team will be pros. The one DE in particular will play in the NFL and could end up being a very good player.

    I'm a big Notre Dame fan but not some blind homer. I'll be the first to tell you that Brady Quinn is NEVER going to be a good NFL QB because his skillset just doesn't match up for a good transfer. Quinn at best will be an OK QB but that is as far as it goes. Mangini should and will go with Anderson imo.

    What will keep Notre Dame from being great this year however is their weakness on defense against the run. Their offense has the ability to be great as long as Clausen doesn't screw it up.


    Weis is great at recruiting and for a Notre Dame fan, I hope he stays around. He's going to have the program playing great and I strongly disagreed with those idiots who wanted to get rid of Weis. Even if you are Bill Parcells, you aren't going to win if the QB play is bad and there isn't talent enough around them to make up for it. Clausen was AWFUL his first year, and only slightly better last year.
    Agree with pretty much all of your post. I'm a Notre Dame fan, but I don't follow college ball in general that much any more. Like you said, Nevada may not be a powerhouse, but they also aren't garbage. And the next 3 weeks will be extremely tough: @ Michigan, vs. Michigan St. and vs. USC. The opener shouldn't deceive people. Their schedule will still be tough as usual.

    As for the game, Clausen looked phenomenal and Floyd is a beast just like you said. They certainly aren't elite just yet, but I can see them possibly winning 10 games this year and they should be very good for years to come. Weis has pulled in some stellar recruiting classes the past few years.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Posts
    4,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hope that michigan beats the piss out of notre dame. i hate the irish!

  5. #5
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    i hope that michigan beats the piss out of notre dame. i hate the irish!
    I also hate the Irish. Lousy drunks.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfield County, CT
    Posts
    6,870
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I also hate the Irish. Lousy drunks.
    Actually, we are good drunks, Paulie.

    Now Eagles fans...those are some lousy drunks.

  7. #7
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    Actually, we are good drunks, Paulie.

    Now Eagles fans...those are some lousy drunks.
    Touche

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big loss for Notre Lame.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    Big loss for Notre Lame.
    +1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us