Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noles, Canes thread...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

how the mighty have fallen...how bad are these programs these days??? there was a time this game was so intense even a passive fan would feel like puking sitting on the edge of their seats wondering what would happen next....now???

FSU will be making another trip to the Emerald Bowl and Miami?? Maybe the GMAC Bowl....

Jets Insider VIP
    Great game going on right now.

This has been a great game.

TD Cane's ..Miami's QB is going to throw for 400 yards before the nights done.

Just weird thinking that around 5 to 7 years ago they were both top 5 ranked and this game was one of the biggest college football games of the year. Now its a #18 and an unranked team.

Jets Insider VIP
    That last TD was Eli to Plaxico-esque.

This QB can play ..damn.

what a great game..... benjamin and cooper are off the chain

Rookie
    Great game, good way to start a week of real football. Football season is officially underway....

Wow, this game is crazy. I've had it on all night, but really started paying attention when the 4th quarter started.

All League
    wow...big flag there...FSU might still get burned for wasting all that time tho

holy sh*t ..great finish.

Looked like there should have been :01 on the clock to me.

Veteran
    What a game. Harris is looking like he will be a great qb.

If Bradford doesnt play for OU, I think Miami can beat them.

Wow what a choke... I thought Fortson had that cradled though, I want to see that up close again.

Clock management at the end by the Noles was Hermanesque, like they were more concerned with not giving Miami a chance than they were scoring first, that was really bad, they should hang Jimbo for that one. I'm sure he won't sleep tonight. I thought Fortson had that pass cradled, but they only showed the replay once... I would've like to have seen more angles of it to really determine if it was a catch or not. I never see the ball hit the ground and it looks like he has his hands on it the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Looked like there should have been :01 on the clock to me.

Yeah, I saw that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    how the mighty have fallen...how bad are these programs these days??? there was a time this game was so intense even a passive fan would feel like puking sitting on the edge of their seats wondering what would happen next....now???

FSU will be making another trip to the Emerald Bowl and Miami?? Maybe the GMAC Bowl....
    They both looked pretty good to me......certainly should be near the top of the ACC (which isn't saying THAT much I know).....very good skill players and speed on both teams, and both qb's looked solid

Either way, that was the best game of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Clock management at the end by the Noles was Hermanesque, like they were more concerned with not giving Miami a chance than they were scoring first, that was really bad, they should hang Jimbo for that one. I'm sure he won't sleep tonight. I thought Fortson had that pass cradled, but they only showed the replay once... I would've like to have seen more angles of it to really determine if it was a catch or not. I never see the ball hit the ground and it looks like he has his hands on it the whole time.
    The ball def hit the ground. It hit off his chest and he trapped it against the ground as he went down......Fortson must feel terrible because he should have caught it

I bet Miami straight up for +200, awesome game

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    They both looked pretty good to me......certainly should be near the top of the ACC (which isn't saying THAT much I know).....very good skill players and speed on both teams, and both qb's looked solid

Either way, that was the best game of the week

The ball def hit the ground. It hit off his chest and he trapped it against the ground as he went down......Fortson must feel terrible because he should have caught it

I bet Miami straight up for +200, awesome game

Well we had taken 3 out of 4 from these fckers, the pendulum swung again. Both teams are loaded with young talent, I think there's only 4 seniors on the Noles, a lot of youth, I think the entire OL returns next year unless one of them declares as JR's.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Wow what a choke... I thought Fortson had that cradled though, I want to see that up close again.
    That ball was on the ground...

FSUs offensive playcalling was atrocious, and their secondary couldn't cover anyone. Bobby Bowden is the Head Spectator rather than an actual coach and his "heir" to the job was awful tonight.

Miami looked faster and more intense, and the Miami staff outcoached the pants off of FSU, although neither staff has a clue on clock management. As for that last drive, what the hell was FSU doing with :30 left? It looked like a chinese fire drill getting run on the goal line and cost them the game. Losing that time made trying a run out of the question.

WHatever, FSU deserved to lose that game, although I despise "The U".

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

ITS ALL ABOUT THE U LADIES AND GENTLEMEN !!!